Removing spam followers

Discus and support Removing spam followers in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; A while back I had an incident where somebody tried to hack my account after spamming me with followers. It’s been a while since then and although I... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Fantaman3, Oct 2, 2023.

1. Fantaman3
    Fantaman3 Guest

Removing spam followers

A while back I had an incident where somebody tried to hack my account after spamming me with followers. It’s been a while since then and although I secured my account, I still get a random boy following me every so often. Can I remove these? There’s no reason I should have over 1000 followers and friend requests I have to individually go through to find people who wanted to add me a while back.

:)

Fantaman3, Oct 2, 2023
  2. Nkosana23 Win User

Removing spam followers

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

You can block & report each one, or leave them. It won't affect your account. You can also update your password and use 2-step verification to further protect your account from being hacked.

I hope this helps resolve your query.
  3. Rostom L Win User

Spam/ follow bots

Hi Jakob!

Unfortunately, we cannot control who's going to follow us. That's fine because it's like they're trying to add you as friend - as long as you don't accept or add them back, they cannot be part of your friend's list.

You may instead change or edit your privacy settings to control how you communicate or share your account information online.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    Select Profile & system > Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy.
  4. Dericka Win User

Followers Spammed on Xbox Profile

Hi, I'm , an Independent advisor and I can surely help you.

Don't worry we will work on this together. Rest assured that your account won't be suspended if you didn't violate the code of conduct. I would recommend to report the player who threatened to do this to you too. Our Enforcement team will take actions to the players that violated the Terms of Service.
  5. Ally R1 Win User

Followers Spammed on Xbox Profile

Hi there Dericka,

Thank you for your response, unfortunately it's almost impossible for me to identify which specific player did this. The first two messages were from [mod removed] and [mod removed] but these are also spam accounts.

Is it possible to recommend that the Enforcement Team look into these spam accounts, and their associated login credentials to remove them from our online community?

Thank you again,

Ally
  6. Goth Vampirella Win User

Removing Followers

All I can say is I've got people on my "followers" list that I've blocked for 5 years and they still show up as followers. I've never found anyone in last 5 years who can actually solve this glitch. Good luck!
Thema:

Removing spam followers

1. Removing spam followers - Similar Threads - Removing spam followers

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...: So I went onto the xbox app to download some screenshot and noticed an alert symbol next to 2 of the images and it says it will be deleted from the Xbox Network today and I don't know why. I took...
  10. How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can remove the spam from the new dashboard homescreen on my Xbox One S and just have it...: I have just received the new dashboard update and it is horrendously bad. How do I remove the spam advertising and things I have no interest in like 'games with distinctive art', 'cross platform...