Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X

Discus and support Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I play on my xbox with only one ear bud in at any time and cannot hear my party over the game. I'd like for the game audio to come out of the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by klartofle, Dec 22, 2022.

1. klartofle
    klartofle Guest

I play on my xbox with only one ear bud in at any time and cannot hear my party over the game. I'd like for the game audio to come out of the television only and chat audio to come out of my headset only. So far i've been unable to find a way to do this, chat mixer settings have not been any help at all either.

:)

klartofle, Dec 22, 2022
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello klartofle,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to move your in-game sound be outputted through TV. This could be possible however this might depend on how you set you your sound system together with your TV set up.

Though there is a mute system of Xbox, the output of the game will depend on what you set on the settings. Please check the steps on your Xbox Console: Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Advanced. Then do Audio testing & details to check if the feature you are looking for is available.

Link: Choosing speaker audio settings on your Xbox console | Xbox Support

In any case, the feature you are looking for is not available. We encourage you to send a feedback to Team Xbox and request this feature - Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

If you have further concerns kindly create a new thread using this link - Create a new question or start a discussion.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. andersonpassos Win User

How do I get xbox audio through my speakers which are plugged into my monitor by a 3.5mm jack?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

To get Xbox audio through your Logitech Z200 speakers, which are connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via a 3.5mm jack, you'll need to make sure the audio is properly routed from your Xbox Series X to the monitor.

Check your monitor's audio input: First, make sure that your monitor (AOC Gaming Q27G2E) is capable of receiving audio through its 3.5mm audio input. Typically, monitors that have built-in speakers or an audio output port (3.5mm jack) also have an audio input option.

Connect the Xbox to the monitor: Use an HDMI cable to connect your Xbox Series X to the AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor. This will handle the video signal.

Connect the speakers to the monitor: Plug the 3.5mm jack of your Logitech Z200 speakers into the audio output port on your monitor. This port should be labeled as an audio output or a headphone icon.

Configure Xbox audio settings: Once the physical connections are set up, you need to configure the audio settings on your Xbox Series X:

a. Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

b. Navigate to the System tab (gear icon) using the controller.

c. Go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

d. Under the "Speaker audio" section, select "HDMI audio."

e. Make sure to set "Headset audio" to "Off" or "Do nothing" since you're using the external speakers through the monitor.

Adjust the monitor's audio settings: On your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor, locate the on-screen display (OSD) menu button. This button may be labeled as "Menu" or have an icon of a monitor with buttons. Access the OSD menu and navigate to the audio settings. Ensure that the audio input is set to "3.5mm" or "Analog" to receive audio from the Xbox connected via HDMI.

Test the audio: After making these adjustments, play a game or video on your Xbox Series X to test the audio output through the Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your monitor.

If everything is set up correctly, you should now be able to hear the audio from your Xbox Series X through your Logitech Z200 speakers connected to your AOC Gaming Q27G2E monitor via the 3.5mm jack. Adjust the volume using the monitor's built-in controls or the volume control on the speakers themselves.
  4. Adam Sheetz Win User

Atmos trouble on Xbox x

Hi, PiotrONX, my name is Adam.

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your Xbox X series and Denon AVR. Here are some steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Check your audio settings: Make sure that your Xbox X series is set to output audio in Dolby Atmos format. To do this, go to Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Audio output, and then select Dolby Atmos for home theater. If you have already done this, try toggling the setting off and on again.

2. Check your HDMI connections: Ensure that your Xbox X series is connected to your Denon AVR via an HDMI cable that supports Dolby Atmos. Also, make sure that your Denon AVR is set to the correct input source.

3. Update your firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your Denon AVR. If there are, update your firmware to the latest version.

4. Reset your Xbox X series: If none of the above steps work, try resetting your Xbox X series to its default settings. To do this, go to Settings > System > Console info > Reset console > Reset and remove everything.

I hope this helps!
    Adam.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Head set on Xbox Series X

Only headsets that specifically say designed for Xbox can work with USB
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Head set on Xbox Series X

The headseat is only compatible with the Xbox One/Series X|S with the 3.5mm jack. Here is a picture taken from HyperX official website.

[​IMG]
Thema:

1. Remove game audio from head set Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Remove game audio

2. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  3. pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services

in XBoX on Windows
    pc xbox app stuck launching and can't remove gaming services: this has been a problem on my laptop for a very long time now. I have tried to fix the xbox app stuck launching bug by removing gaming services and reinstalling it through powershell as some...
  4. Friends in Games removed?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends in Games removed?: Looks like there was a system update and now when i go to People and then Friends, the option to show Friends in Games is gone. Why would this be removed? Now i see Happening Now was added right...
  5. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  6. [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people

in XBoX on Consoles
    [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people: [mod removed] bad him for cheating in the game and laugua at people ea0a06d0-3ab1-4ba8-a976-9ff1bd8985e7
  7. Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Would reseting my Xbox Series S remove game sharing?: As the title states I am going to reset my Xbox Series S in an attempt to reset it's cache, I am having troubles with installing Red Dead Redemption 2 on my external and that was one of the...
  8. i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t...: i subscribed to game pass on my other account but I removed it from my xbox and i can’t remember the email, I don’t want the account i just want to cancel the subscription from it how can i do...
  9. What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What gta v is removed from Xbox game pass mobile app i request to return grand theft auto v...: I request please add gta v and rdr 2 in xbox game pass app a1df3992-4a61-4c94-834e-e5ecc75c2c38
  10. Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital Games Expiry and removal from Microsoft Library: If I purchase a game, and you remove this game from you Microsoft library, will I be able to download and play it?, or I will not be able to download it as it is not in the library?, that affects...