Removal of an unpaid xbox live subscription

Discus and support Removal of an unpaid xbox live subscription in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My father paid for a recurring 3 month Xbox Live Gold subscription for me but recently passed away. When I try to remove the subscription from my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dok_G, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Dok_G
    Dok_G Guest

My father paid for a recurring 3 month Xbox Live Gold subscription for me but recently passed away. When I try to remove the subscription from my account (the credit card that it was paid with is no longer in use) it will not offer the option to cancel.
    It just states £14.99 owing. How can an amount be owing for 3 months of XBL when the payment was declined and I didn't get it?

I want to take up the current offer of £1 for a month of XBL and Games Club and the new 100 game choice thingy. There was 5 days left to subscribe then the £1 offer is no more. Been trying for days with no luck. Tried the Virtual Helper (Ha!) with no joy.
    Tried removing the cancelled credit card from my account and that wont work either.

This what is showing on screen when I access my subscriptions

If anyone can offer any help I will be grateful.

[Mod Removed - PII]

:)

Dok_G, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Does this mean then, the payments are requested after the start of the next 3 months XBL Subsciption? That can't be correct.
    Yes. If you don't turn off auto-renewal before your subscription ends, it basically signals the system that you would like to continue the subscription and you have the funds to do so so they start your new subscription. Typically they'll try to charge you
    a few times before suspending your subscription.
  3. Dok_G Win User

Thanks for replying.

I'm confused at how they start your next 3 month sub, and then request payment. This must be a common occurrence then, as some people lose or cancel their credit cards frequently.

Seems back to front to me. If they requested the payment just before your next sub kicks off, they could stop at that point, and avoid all this hassle.

Anyway I really appreciate you taking time out to reply. I'll give them a call asap and see what occurs, but I can sense I'm not going to get far without paying this amount.
  4. Axis Se7en Win User

It looks as if you will need to call or talk to live support for this. Because you are in the negative, your account may be subject to suspension.

When you receive this error message, it means that your Xbox subscription has been suspended because of non-payment, and you currently have an outstanding balance on your account.

Before you can use your Xbox subscription, you need to pay your outstanding balance. Here’s how to pay it online:

1. Sign in to your Services & subscriptions page with your Microsoft account.
    2. Find your past due subscription in the list. The amount past due will be in red.
    3. Select Pay now, and then follow the instructions to pay the balance due.
    Note Adding a digital code will not settle the balance you owe. You’ll need to settle the outstanding balance using the steps above before redeeming your digital code.

Once you have paid your balance and restored your Xbox subscription, you need to update your current payment option or add a new one. To do this, see one of the following pages:

Make sure that you also update your billing information online to match the changes you made for your payment option. To do this, see Update
    your billing contact information online
  5. Dok_G Win User

Thanks for replying. It still seems weird that I should pay. You'd think the credit card not being valid would stop the subscription with immediate effect.

Does this mean then, the payments are requested after the start of the next 3 months XBL Subsciption? That can't be correct.

If that's not the case, and the payment is requested just before your sub starts a fresh 3 months of XBL Gold, then the fault is theirs for not stopping it when they found the payment declined. That would mean I'm paying for something I never received.

Anyway I really appreciate you taking time out to reply. I'll give them a call asap and see what occurs, but I can sense I'm not going to get far without paying this amount.
  6. Smwutches Win User

You can try contacting support and speak to billing to see if there is anything they can do, but generally the only way around it is to pay off the balance owed first. http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

The balance is owed because the payment was declined so they were not able to charge you for your subscription that had already started.
Thema:

1. Removal of an unpaid xbox live subscription - Similar Threads - Removal unpaid live

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...: So I went onto the xbox app to download some screenshot and noticed an alert symbol next to 2 of the images and it says it will be deleted from the Xbox Network today and I don't know why. I took...
  10. PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT: I USE F5 KEY BUT IT ONLY APPEAR THIS AND CAN'T CHANGE CAMERA [img] 7bc19883-7ce0-4952-918b-adad4b164485

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to cancel unpaid xbox live subscription