(Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN

Discus and support (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox Series X connected on the same network as my computer and Android phone (Tried connecting them through the 5Ghz Wi-Fi and using 1Gbps... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EduardoIbarra2, Oct 22, 2023.

1. (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN

I have an Xbox Series X connected on the same network as my computer and Android phone (Tried connecting them through the 5Ghz Wi-Fi and using 1Gbps ethernet cables). I've verified throught my router that when the connection is started on the Xbox PC App it always prioritizes sending the stream to the Microsoft servers and then downloading them on my PC even on this condition where all is connected on the same local network, this is not good because I have a pretty low upload speed, so the result image is bad, glitchy and everything is unplayable.

Weird enough, on the Android phone the LAN connection works just fine, I have a pretty decent router so it can handle the bandwidth requirements with no problems, the stream is crystal clear.

What could be causing this? I don't have anything in place that would prevent the Xbox Series X to see the PC on the same network, I just think it could be a bug on the Xbox PC App or the Windows itself, maybe it's because I'm running Windows 11 Insider.

:)

EduardoIbarra2, Oct 22, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

(Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN