Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

Discus and support Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by aboris26, Jun 16, 2023.

1. aboris26
    aboris26 Guest

Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series...

Very weird issue, trying to remote play within my home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Using the current version, and the Xbox is up to date.

It’s giving me the error "Check your network connection

We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different WiFi or mobile network." ONLY when connected to my local network. It works fine when on an external network.

I can connect locally via the Xbox iOS and Android apps. So I suspect its a Windows 11 network setting of some sort blocking the connection locally. Any one else having this issue?

Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series... [​IMG]

:)

aboris26, Jun 16, 2023
  2. aboris26 Win User

Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series X Console

It hasn't, no Toredo error in the console. Again, I think the issue is the Windows 11 settings.
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series X Console

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello aboris26,

We appreciate for your response and thanks for the additional information.

It is possible that your device is blocking local connections or your Network Address Translation type (NAT) type is restricted. Let us help you how to check.

You can check your Network Address Translation (NAT) type in Windows 11 using the Xbox Console Companion app:

1. Open the Xbox Console Companion app.
    2. Select Settings, and then select the Network tab.
    3. Look for NAT Type. If the status says Teredo is unable to qualify, it means your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.

For your reference, see: NAT type on Windows displays "Teredo is unable to qualify" | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. aboris26 Win User

Thanks, I've done all these and it still doesn't work while on the same network. It works fine when playing on a network outside of my house.

I suspect it's a Windows 11 error blocking local connections, any ideas?
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello aboris26,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

It appears that you are having issue on establishing remote play on your Xbox Console using your Windows 11 device. Let us check on this together and make sure remote play settings is properly configured in both devices so that you can start streaming your Xbox device.

The error message would mean that settings for remote play in both devices are not well established. Follow the steps below to check the correct settings in your Xbox console and Windows device.

1. First, enable the Sleep power option and remote features on your console.

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
    • Select the Enable remote features checkbox.
    • Under Power options, select Sleep.
    Note If your console power mode isn’t set to Sleep, remote play won’t work. To learn more about adjusting your console's power mode settings, see: About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S

2. On your Windows device:

• Open the Xbox app for PC.
    • Click on your profile picture and select View profile.
    • Under Where I play, select the Add a console option and follow the steps shown.
    Things to keep in mind:

• It's a good idea to save frequently while playing remotely. If you get disconnected from your console, you could lose progress in your game.
    • If you close the app or do something else on your phone after starting your remote play session, you won't immediately lose your progress. After a period of time, your console will turn off and go to sleep. You can reconnect your session until the console turns off.
    • Only one person at a time can play remotely, even if others are set up to connect remotely or locally.
    • Microsoft Store and in-game purchases, and backward compatibility, are disabled during remote play with the Xbox mobile apps.
    • Currently, external applications on your console like Edge and Hulu are blocked while using remote play.

3. Pair a controller to your device.

For information see: Using the Xbox Wireless Controller on different platforms

For your reference, take time to read the articles below that outline how to setup remote play on different devices and troubleshoot issues on remote play:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
Thema:

1. Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series... - Similar Threads - Remote Play using

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  4. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  5. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  6. Remote play while Xbox is being used locally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play while Xbox is being used locally?: Can I use remote play while someone is using the Xbox locally? We have two different sign in accounts on our Series X. If I want to remote play, can I without interrupting someone watching a movie...
  7. How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?: I have been trying to play my Xbox games through the app on the go but the touch controls won’t show up. It just shows a banner saying I need to connect a controller. I have updated the app and my...
  8. Why is remote play better when using a computer?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is remote play better when using a computer?: I’ve been using remote play a lot lately. On my phone, iPad, and most recently, on my pc. I’ve only used 1 wi-fi connection for all of them but I’ve noticed that while on a computer, I’m able to...
  9. Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.: I can play my Xbox just fine with my wireless elite controller, and I can play numerous games. I recently purchased a streaming PC that has windows 11. Ive set up remote play, and tried trouble...
  10. I’ve been trying to use remote play on my game pass up, but it says that the games are on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve been trying to use remote play on my game pass up, but it says that the games are on...: first the app didn’t let me remote install, after a while it was okay but now it just says that the games are on queue and I can’t play them at all. 9d4f9d24-a3c7-4781-ae7b-d60be050fc1d