Remote play using XBOX app specifically not working on windows 11.

Discus and support Remote play using XBOX app specifically not working on windows 11. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have been attempting to use this for weeks now, and i keep getting the same error, I used a different form... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sherbfluff, Jul 23, 2023.

1. sherbfluff
    sherbfluff Guest

sherbfluff, Jul 23, 2023
  2. sherbfluff Win User

After using a different account it seemed to work, but only for two days, and after switching to a different account it still didn't work. Also it had the same error.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello sherbfluff,

Thank you for your response. At this point, I would recommend that you contact our live support team to get further assistance on this issue. They have the right tools to thoroughly diagnose the issue.

To contact live support, please follow the guide below:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
      1. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
      2. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
      3. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
      4. Select the "Contact Us" button
      5. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
      6. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
      7. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
      8. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
      9. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello sherbfluff,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on what you have posted and the previous thread attached to this one, it seems that most of the troubleshooting steps have already been attempted.

Here are additional troubleshooting steps we can perform:

Perform Clean Boot

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Run the system file checker tool

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support

Contact you ISP and have them check if the following ports are open:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Network ports used by the Xbox network on the Xbox console | Xbox Support

Reset your console to factory defaults while keeping your games and apps.

How to reset your Xbox console to factory defaults | Xbox Support

Then set up your console again for remote play

How to set up remote play | Xbox Support

After performing the steps and still doesn't work.

We will move back to the Windows Troubleshooting by performing an In-place upgrade:

How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community

If still doesn't work, create a new Windows User then try to connect with remote play again.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. Geri M. Win User

Remote Play using Xbox PC app on Windows 11 doesn’t work on local network with Xbox Series X Console (but does remotely)

Hello aboris26,

Welcome to Xbox Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

It seems that you are experiencing an issue with remote play within your home network using the PC Xbox app (on Windows 11). Base on website research, this issue can be caused by several factors such as not having selected the Enable remote features checkbox in your Xbox settings, not being signed in to the Xbox app with the same account that you used to enable remote play from your console, or your Xbox console requiring an update when you try to play remotely. Or it could be caused by a Windows 11 network setting of some sort blocking the connection locally.

You can try the following solutions:

• Check that you’ve selected the Enable remote features checkbox in your Xbox settings.
    • Restart your console by holding down the Xbox button on your controller and selecting Restart console > Restart.
    • Restart the device you’re using for remote play.
    • Check the Xbox status to see if there’s an issue with the service.
    • Close the Xbox app on your device and then reopen it.
    • Check that you’re signed in to the Xbox app with the same account that you used to enable remote play from your console.
    • If your Xbox console requires an update when you try to play remotely, you may see an error.
    • Check the Xbox mobile app and get support for specific app issues under the Profile tab. Select Settings > Support & feedback to get help, along with up-to-the-minute Xbox online status reports.We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community
  6. Nursemorph Win User

Mic not working in the xbox app and in party chat while streaming

What specifically doesn't work? The stream audio or the party audio?
    Was that not covered in the OPs post?

"I'm unable to use the microphone on my Steelseries when coneected to my PC using a Remote Streaming session"

"just not when joining a party during a stream."

Seems to me that the OP is playing using the Remote Play function but the Microphone doesn't work when in a party chat whilst using the Remote Play. the Mic works fine when directly connected to the Xbox or used via the Xbox App
Thema:

1. Remote play using XBOX app specifically not working on windows 11. - Similar Threads - Remote play using

2. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  3. Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't stream on Discord when using Xbox remote play: Last night I was trying to stream a game to my friends while using the remote play feature on my PC, however despite doing everything as recommended by Microsoft, the stream would simply not start...
  4. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  5. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  6. Remote play while Xbox is being used locally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remote play while Xbox is being used locally?: Can I use remote play while someone is using the Xbox locally? We have two different sign in accounts on our Series X. If I want to remote play, can I without interrupting someone watching a movie...
  7. How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to use touch controls on Xbox remote play?: I have been trying to play my Xbox games through the app on the go but the touch controls won’t show up. It just shows a banner saying I need to connect a controller. I have updated the app and my...
  8. Why is remote play better when using a computer?

in XboX Insiders
    Why is remote play better when using a computer?: I’ve been using remote play a lot lately. On my phone, iPad, and most recently, on my pc. I’ve only used 1 wi-fi connection for all of them but I’ve noticed that while on a computer, I’m able to...
  9. Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Playing xbox, streaming to PC, using remote play and controller giving double input.: I can play my Xbox just fine with my wireless elite controller, and I can play numerous games. I recently purchased a streaming PC that has windows 11. Ive set up remote play, and tried trouble...
  10. I’ve been trying to use remote play on my game pass up, but it says that the games are on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’ve been trying to use remote play on my game pass up, but it says that the games are on...: first the app didn’t let me remote install, after a while it was okay but now it just says that the games are on queue and I can’t play them at all. 9d4f9d24-a3c7-4781-ae7b-d60be050fc1d