Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox

Discus and support Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SelArom1234, Jan 13, 2024.

1. SelArom1234
    SelArom1234 Guest

I have an xbox series x, one x, and original S on my network. I can only remote play to these devices if I manually power them on from standby. They are set to standby sleep, NOT power down. I've restarted all systems as well as the devices connecting as well as rebooted my router and modem so please don't start the troubleshooting there. I also even reset my consoles to see if that worked and it doesn't. Once I power on the xbox units I am able to connect, but the connection will not work otherwise.

My understanding is that the entire point of this setup is for the system to remain in stand by or be remotely powered up by the remote device to play, but when I try connecting it fails. If I try the remote control option that has a feature to power on the xbox that also doesn't work until I manually power on the device.

how do I fix this PERMANENTLY so I don't have to manually turn them on myself which is the opposite of the entire point of remote play? thanks!

:)

SelArom1234, Jan 13, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi SelArom, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

We can start by investigating the network.

You can also change your connection DNS.

Please, follow these steps:

Go to Profile and System > Settings

In the Settings menu, select General > Network settings.

Select the network you're connected to, then select Advanced settings > Manual

On the DNS field, input these:

Primary: 8.8.8.8

Secondary: 8.8.4.4

Save settings.

Let me know if it works!
  3. CoCoUmlat Win User

Harmony Remote support with Xbox One?

If you are using an RF remote, on the remote manually go to "Settings: Devices: Hub Assignment" and try setting Xbox One to "Remote Only". That immediately fixed the soft buttons for me, but then the power wouldn't work until going through a few power cycles
    on the remote, including turning everything off when in the "Help (not everything turned on)" setup.
  4. CoCoUmlat Win User

Harmony Remote support with Xbox One?

I have the new Harmony Ultimate and the same thing happens with me. The soft buttons (i.e. A, B, X, Y) also don't work for me. Due to the Xbox One only having a 9 foot long cable for the Kinect 2, I don't have my Xbox One in the media closet. I set the
    remote to manually only use the remote instead of the blasters and that fixed the soft buttons, but the power on and power off still do not work.
  5. SpyerMe Win User

Media Remote no longer works with YouTube and Netflix apps after 11/15 console update

I have the same problem with Netflix and the media remote. The only buttons that still work are the Xbox home key, and the Play/Pause key. Media remote buttons work fine navigating the Xbox menu so I know it works fine but when using Netflix I cannot FF,
    rewind, skip, select, etc. This started happening after the November update. If I uninstall Netflix app and reinstall it the remote will work fine until I power off the console at night. The next day when I use power up and use Netflix the remote is back to
    not working again. I use energy-save power settings.
  6. Thundercleetz Win User

X1 stopped turning on and off my audio receiver since update

D Dub, have you tried manually entering your remote code (you can probably find this in your manual or searching your model online) or trying another Onkyo model? Odds are Onkyo uses the same or only a couple of remote codes for their receivers. I'm sure
    if you played around you could find something that works.
Thema:

1. Remote Play only works if I manually power on the xbox - Similar Threads - Remote Play works

2. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  3. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  6. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  7. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  10. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...