Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

Discus and support Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am trying to connect to my XSX from work using my Windows 11 Laptop, I can see the Xbox inside the console list in the Xbox app, I try to connect and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/DIAMONDO98-, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

I am trying to connect to my XSX from work using my Windows 11 Laptop, I can see the Xbox inside the console list in the Xbox app, I try to connect and I get this error: We found your console but can’t connect. Try from a different WiFi or mobile network.

Any idea what the issue is?

I have opened the ports in work and at home but it still does not work.

Any help appreciated!

submitted by /u/DIAMONDO98-
    [link] [comments]

/u/DIAMONDO98-, Sep 7, 2023
  2. Gt529 Win User

Remote play issue - We found your console but can't connect

Hi ,

We appreciate your patience waiting.

As promised, I've consulted our internal team about this and we would like to ask for clarification;

Can you please confirm what device you are using when you are experiencing this problem? Is it on a mobile phone(Android or iOS) or on PC/laptop?

If you are using an Android phone, may I know what is the OS version of your Android? Is it Android 10 or 11?

If you are using PC, may I know the version of your Xbox app and your gaming services? To check for the version, follow this steps; launch Xbox app>select profile picture > Settings > About.

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Reynaldob

Microsoft Community Forum Moderator
    We are using an iPhone. iOS 16.
  3. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Gt529,

Thanks for getting back.

I am currently comunicating with our internal team about your concern. Please give us more time to properly investigate the problem. Rest assured, I will get back to you once I get the helpful information.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,

4. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Gt529,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you are doing well.

I understand that you have issues with your Xbox on remote play and you are getting an error that says We found your console but can't connect. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• When did the problem started?
    • Was this working before?
    • Can you please provide us a photo of the exact error message? In this way we can see a bigger picture of the problem.
    • What troubleshooting steps you've tried to fix the problem?
    Those above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we collect all the information, we will formulate the feasible resolution to help you with your case.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

5. ReynaldoB Win User

Hi Gt529,

We appreciate your patience waiting.

As promised, I've consulted our internal team about this and we would like to ask for clarification;

Can you please confirm what device you are using when you are experiencing this problem? Is it on a mobile phone(Android or iOS) or on PC/laptop?

If you are using an Android phone, may I know what is the OS version of your Android? Is it Android 10 or 11?

If you are using PC, may I know the version of your Xbox app and your gaming services? To check for the version, follow this steps; launch Xbox app>select profile picture > Settings > About.

We look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

6. Gt529 Win User

Hi ,

Thank you for posting on the Microsoft Community forum. I hope you are doing well.

I understand that you have issues with your Xbox on remote play and you are getting an error that says We found your console but can't connect. Let's work together to find the best solution to this problem.

I would like to ask a few questions to better understand the problem.

• When did the problem started?
    • Was this working before?
    • Can you please provide us a photo of the exact error message? In this way we can see a bigger picture of the problem.
    • What troubleshooting steps you've tried to fix the problem?
    Those above questions would help us provide the necessary information. Once we collect all the information, we will formulate the feasible resolution to help you with your case.

I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Reynaldob

Started last week when we set remote play up in the app. It's never worked previously remotely, away from home. We can only "remote play" at home.

Below is a screen shot. We tried two different wi fi connections away from home which both had excellent speeds. We also tried from 5G cellular network connection but still get the same error.

[​IMG]
Thema:

Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect

1. Remote Play Not Working - We found your console but cannot connect - Similar Threads - Remote Play Working

2. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  3. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  4. Remote play not working properly

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play not working properly: Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone...
  5. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  6. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  7. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  8. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  9. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  10. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...