Remote play not working properly

Discus and support Remote play not working properly in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tylenol4321, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Remote play not working properly

Xbox remote play is displaying in the top left and stretching the rest of the display across the screen, this happened after a good first attempt then this happened every time after. Does anyone know how to fix this(can't attach photo)

submitted by /u/Tylenol4321
    [link] [comments]

/u/Tylenol4321, Apr 22, 2024
  2. Juhn Jac Win User

I have recently set up remote play for my Xbox Series X on my IPad and my phone. Both, my phone and iPad are up to date and have the latest specs to be able to play on the cloud. I had read that some people were having the same problems as myself; not being able to connect to their iPad or phone at home or in my case, my university wifi. I am now at home and was hoping to connect to my Xbox through my home wifi but now I am unable to. I also unchecked the local networks in my iPad and phone setting but still no luck. Has anyone been able to find a solution? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Hi Jhareil Hutchinson

Hi Crapnara

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help.

Have you already checked our support article?

Troubleshoot remote play gaming: Troubleshoot remote play gaming | Xbox Support

Troubleshoot issues in the Xbox mobile app: Troubleshoot issues in the Xbox mobile app | Xbox Support

Please let us know if there's anything else you need help with.

We look forward to your reply.

Sincerely

Microsoft Forum Moderator
  3. Juhn Jac Win User

4. Glenn Rue Win User

PC app remote play not working properly.

Ok I just posted it.
    [Xbox Forum] Remote play is not working on Xbox app on PC
    Made on 12/29/2022
    Thanks, Gamer_464.

I mentioned this in my last reply, but can you provide us the Xbox app version and Gaming Services version? Go to Xbox app > select Profile picture > Settings > About and those two pieces of information should be there.

Also, while this black screen issue is occurring on the Xbox app is the Xbox console on sleep mode?

Finally, are you a member of the Xbox Insider Program?

Respectfully,

Glenn
  5. Glenn Rue Win User

Hi Gamer_464!

Thanks for reaching out to our Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our sincerest hope that all is well.

We understand you've been unable to use remote play on the Xbox PC app on your Windows computer. It appears the issue started occurring during November.

This issue may have been caused by settings in Windows that need to be changed. Or it may also be a problem with the hardware components of the computer like an incompatible driver or not meeting the hardware requirements for a certain game. So let us work together as a team to get to the bottom of this. But to better assist you I need to ask:

1) What version of Windows are you using? We specifically need the edition and version number of Windows your device is running. To find out which version of Windows your device is running, press the Windows logo key + R, type winver in the Open box, and then select OK. You'll get the window below and we need the information highlighted in red.

[​IMG]

2) Does the issue occur with a particular game you launch? Or it does not matter what game you are launching?

3) Can you provide us a photo of your System Information window similar to the sample below? To get to this window please type msinfo32 in the Search box. Right-click System Information in the search results and select Run as administrator.

[​IMG]

4) Can you open Device Manager using the guide below and tell us what you see in Display Adapters? Sample photo included below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-device-manager-a7f2db46-faaf-24f0-8b7b-9e4a6032fc8c

[​IMG]

Hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Glenn Rue Win User

I have already tried that multiple times and did it once more, it does not fix this. It gets the same results. It just says "Something went wrong, please try again later." The code at the bottom is cV: TMYek9hiy83Rrc8QB0ax2B.118.0
    Thanks for your patience, Gamer_464.

So, the team I'm working with would like to ask a photo of the results of the remote play test. Sample photo below.

[​IMG]

Also, we just need to confirm my previous suggestion of creating a new user profile in Windows basically the steps below were done and the Xbox app for Windows in the new account still encountered the same issue?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...2-a866-32915af2a34d#WindowsVersion=Windows_11

[​IMG]

Also, on both the Microsoft Store app and the Xbox app of your Windows 11 computer you are logged in to the same Xbox account you use in the console, right?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Thema:

1. Remote play not working properly - Similar Threads - Remote play working

2. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  3. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  4. Right joystick not working in remote play.

in XboX Insiders
    Right joystick not working in remote play.: So I recently tried out remote play on my phone, and everything seems to work PERFECTLY while playing games and such, but when I try to use my right stick to look around nothing happens. It works...
  5. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  6. Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game

in XboX Insiders
    Touch screen controls on remote play work on the dashboard, but not in-game: Hi all, Don't know if this is happening to anyone else or not, but touch controls don't seem to work when I'm streaming games from my console. The Xbox button works, the overlay works and I can...
  7. Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t remote play work on schools wifi: I am a college student and I try to do remote play from my Xbox to my computer and it doesn’t work. When I click on my console and start the remote play the spaceship flys out of screen like it...
  8. xbox remote play not working correctly

in XboX Insiders
    xbox remote play not working correctly: when i start my remote play on my pc it will display a drone or rocket ship then turn completely black, ive tried unplugging hdmi and deleting and redownloading the xbox app for windows but still...
  9. Remote play not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play not working?: Remote play doesn't work away from home.... which was the whole point in me getting gamepass ultimate.... is there a solution just says found my Xbox but can't connect I have tried all the...
  10. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...