Remote play - Minecraft issue (controller input not registering on menu screen)

Discus and support Remote play - Minecraft issue (controller input not registering on menu screen) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; For the last few days (possibly since the latest Minecraft update - though I can't be sure that's when it started) I've been getting an odd issue that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/jptykes, Oct 11, 2022.

1. /u/jptykes
    /u/jptykes Guest

For the last few days (possibly since the latest Minecraft update - though I can't be sure that's when it started) I've been getting an odd issue that I can't seem to resolve.

When the update first installed I got a strange message about text to speech being enabled within Minecraft. I've never turned this option on. No-one with access to my Xbox has turned it on. Fixing this was a real issue because I couldn't use the A-button to select settings from the menu. Eventually, after restarting the console three or four times, connecting and disconnecting both my controllers a few times and a whole lot of swearing I managed to access the settings menu and disable the voiceover. All was good for a day or two...

But now when I load up Minecraft through remote play (linking my phone to the console not using cloud play) I can't navigate off the main menu screen. Can't select play, settings or market place because the A-button won't register again. Initially I figured this was a problem with the controller but the A-button had worked to start the game from the console home screen and going into accessories showed the button registering just fine when testing inputs.

The only solution appears to be to restart the console, connect and disconnect controllers and start the game and open the save file using the TV before connecting to remote play.

As far as I can tell the issue is only affecting Minecraft. All controllers are official Microsoft ones and are up to date. Xbox and Minecraft both up to date. Xbox app on phone and the phone itself (One Plus Nord) all the most up to date versions.

Tried holding in power button for 10 secs and then removing power cable. No improvement.

submitted by /u/jptykes
    [link] [comments]

/u/jptykes, Oct 11, 2022
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: