Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home

Discus and support Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue. At home I can use remote play it's stable, I'm able to play without any problem or input lag. But problem is when I go to work... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Young Dolph, May 21, 2023.

1. Young Dolph
    Young Dolph Guest

Hello, I have an issue. At home I can use remote play it's stable, I'm able to play without any problem or input lag. But problem is when I go to work and try to hop on, console shows up in the Xbox app on my Android phone, I click to start playing, rocket ship shows up and takes off, Xbox logo appears followed by a black screen, after 20-30 seconds it says "we found your console but we can't connect. Try different WIFI or mobile network" I have 5G mobile network at 50mbps and my work network at 150mbps. I mean speed shouldn't be the problem. Can somebody solve this out cos I'm out of ideas. I've also reset my console, but still no luck. Same thing happens...

Regards!

:)

Young Dolph, May 21, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Young Dolph,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to remote play your using an Android phone and is unable to because you are getting an error that says you cannot connect to your console. Let us check on this together and make sure to sort this out so that you can remote play with your Xbox console games.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Are you able to remote play using other devices other than your phone?

2. What is the version of your Android phone?

For the meantime, here are the settings between your Xbox Console and your phone device before starting remote play.

1. First, enable the sleep power option and remote features on your console.

• Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
    • Go to Profile & system > Settings > Devices & connections > Remote features.
    • Select the Enable remote features checkbox.
    • Under Power options, select Sleep.
    Note If your console power mode isn’t set to Sleep, remote play won’t work.

To learn more about adjusting your console's power mode settings, see: About power options on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S | Xbox Support

2. On a mobile device:

• Open the Xbox app for PC.
    • Click on your profile picture and select View profile.
    • Under Where I play, select the Add a console option and follow the steps shown.

For your reference, see the links below:

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Shigurui Win User

*An opportunity for Xbox One to dominate*

RippenHarra

the vita doesn't perform as advertised away from the console situation.
    Wrong, I remote play PS4 games on my Vita from around 30 miles away from home when on site work, it performs flawlessly.
  5. CKsjusd Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

All of the sudden I am now experiencing this issue. I have never had problems until today. I haven't tried in over a month. This sucks. Finally wrapped up what I am working on and have some time to play.
  6. BrighamHill Win User

Xbox remote play not working away from home

Yea, mine is now intermittent. I will have to restart my Xbox when I get home.
Thema:

1. Remote play doesn't work when I'm away from home - Similar Threads - Remote play doesn't

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. Remote Play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote Play doesn't work: Hi, I've enabled Remote Play on my Xbox Series X, but whenever I try to connect to it through my PC or laptop, I get the following error: "Check your network connection. We found your console...
  9. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  10. Over wifi remote play doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Over wifi remote play doesn't work: So, remote play is borderline unplayable (using xbone). I have found a work around in which I stream the console to my desktop, and then I can remote into my desktop with my laptop using...