Remote Play button configuration

Discus and support Remote Play button configuration in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; Hello, I have created a custom profile for the gamepad on my Xbox Series X. I needed to swap X button with Y button as I feel it more convenient this... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by BoyanTodorov, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BoyanTodorov
    BoyanTodorov Guest

Hello,

I have created a custom profile for the gamepad on my Xbox Series X. I needed to swap X button with Y button as I feel it more convenient this way. When I play connected to the console all works fine.

However when I use Remote Play the buttons are not swapped and are like they are by default, which is very inconvenient to play.

Is there any solution to have the same gamepad configuration via Remote Play as it is created on the Xbox Console?

:)

BoyanTodorov, Jul 22, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

I understand, in this case, if you are on a mobile device, as I said, the remapping of the control will not work, as it does not have the accessory app for changing the buttons. Remapping will only work on your computer or your Xbox.
  3. BoyanTodorov Win User

Hi Mateus,

Thanks for the quick reply. I really meant a smartphone.

I understand it is not possible which is unfortunate.

Do you know if there will be Xbox Accessories app for smartphone/tablets on Android?
  4. MateusFontana Win User

Unfortunately, I don't have this information, but please stay tuned on our official Xbox news sites, like Xbox Wire, they are always updating us on new things coming to the Xbox ecosystem.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/
  5. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Matthew. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, I'm sorry for what's happening, if you're on a computer it's possible, in this case, you'll be using the accessories application, for that follow the procedure below.

To change configuration and remap the buttons on your Xbox controller, it is not mandatory to be done from the console. For players using their controls on the PC, remapping or profiling can be done directly on the computer. For that just:

Download or run the "Xbox Accessories" app;

Stick your control on the PC;

After being recognized, click on configure;

The next screen will be the same as if you were using the console;

Make your changes and save.

If you are on a mobile device such as a smartphone, it will not be possible, as it does not have the accessory app.

For more information about remote access please visit the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-us/help/games-apps/...
  6. digitalKiva Win User

Feature Request: Boot directly to Live TV.

I agree with this suggestion. Or atleast have a dedicated "button" that I could program in my remote to switch to live TV full-screen. I use a Harmony remote and would love to program something into the remote to put the XBox One in TV mode when I press
    the "Watch TV" button on my remote and have the XBox One goto the dashboard when I press the "Play Games" button on my remote.
Thema:

1. Remote Play button configuration - Similar Threads - Remote Play button

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  9. when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i use remote play to cast from my xbox to my pc. i cant hold buttons on specific...: i use a normal wireless xbox series x controller on my xbox my pc is connected via wifi and xbox is connected via ethernet (this provides the best connection becuase i dont have another ethernet...
  10. Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.

in XBoX on Windows
    Where did the remote play button/icon go on the Xbox app for PC? I cannot find it.: since streaming is no longer supported for windows on the companion app I would always use remote play on the Xbox app. Today I was hoping to stream and couldn't find the remote play icon...