Remote play bug game input lost after reconnecting

Discus and support Remote play bug game input lost after reconnecting in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Bug Discovered, can Someone Verify? Context: Using Remote Play on Xbox Series X via phone. While playing a game, the connection was lost and when... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Miserable-Stranger99, Jul 6, 2024 at 9:32 PM.

1. Remote play bug game input lost after reconnecting

Bug Discovered, can Someone Verify?

Context: Using Remote Play on Xbox Series X via phone.

While playing a game, the connection was lost and when reconnected, it's connected using a remote play account which is a different account than the current player's account.

I pressed home and selected the correct player/account, but the game no longer accepted game input. Even when I physically sit behind the console, picked up the controller, and selected the correct account, it didn't work.

45 minutes of progress in a game lost...

Is this a known issue, and where should I report it?

Also, the disconnect and reconnect is strange. I'm on 5GHz Wi-Fi with full signal strength, but still experiencing disconnects. How can I investigate this?

I think it's a bug.

submitted by /u/Miserable-Stranger99
    [link] [comments]

/u/Miserable-Stranger99, Jul 6, 2024 at 9:32 PM
  2. Dogconker Win User

Remote play

Hi, thanks for the response

I have a an Xbox series X.

I can use remote play on my iphone fine the first time I connect remotely, games play no problem over mobile internet, I have a dedicated controlller set up for remote play

But when I have finished that session and disconnect, the next time I try to connect it says it cannot connect. Only a hard reset will allow reconnection after that.

I tried this once when someone was at home and I was remote and a hard reset allowed me to reconnect straight away, but it then reverted back to not reconnecting.

I am wondering if it’s the way i am disconnecting that might be the issue or something.

Currently I exit game to Home Screen, hold down xbox button on controller and then select turn off console, should just revert console to should mode? Not sure how else I should disconnect or how I can reset the console remotely.
  3. gfgfgfdgfg Win User

Input stops working after reconnect

Controller firmware is up to date and as for steam deck it uses built in controller.

I'm not using xcloud for very long and first time seeing that issue was after first disconnect that happened to me(which was about week ago).
  4. Rostom L Win User

Hi there!

When did this issue start to occur?

Did you make sure to check for your controller updates?

If it’s connected wirelessly, try to use it with a USB cable if the issue doesn’t occur when using it.
  5. Rostom L Win User

Do you use the Xbox Game Pass app or through the internet browser?

If you're using the game pass app, try to reinstall the app and see if the issue is gone. If you're using the browser, make sure that it's updated and try to clear the browser's data or reset it to default settings.

Since xCloud is still in beta we may experience unexpected issues. If none of the steps above work, you may instead give feedback within the cloud gaming interface or through here https://reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/w/xgspreview/...
  6. RocNrolla Win User

THIS IS A VERY GOOD GAME

I was Playing last night with 6 friends in private multiplayer and for the first time in over a month the game is finally playable with a private lobby for me. There are still problems but at least it was playable. We actually had fun and brought back some
    of the love for Halo. Out of 20 matches the party only didn't reconnect 1 time. The after game carnage report Gamertags are bugged, and we lost party chat 1 time. All in all it was a fun night of Halo!
Thema:

Remote play bug game input lost after reconnecting

1. Remote play bug game input lost after reconnecting - Similar Threads - Remote play bug

2. Black screen Remote play PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Black screen Remote play PC: When I remote play off my desktop and laptop it gives me an black screen but there's video but there's audio. I played on my phone it works, I've tried on my laptop and desktop and they both give...
  3. Remote play problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Remote play problem: I tried to remote play my xbox series x on win 11 PC and its keep saying Check your network connection We found your console but can't connect. Try from a different Wi-Fi or cellular network...
  4. Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen with remote play, issue seems to be with resolution: Hi all I have an Xbox series X with a high end 4k TV. When I try and remote play from my Rog ally then I get sound but a black screen If I go I to Xbox settings and change the resolution from 4k...
  5. Black screen with remote play

in XBoX on Consoles
    Black screen with remote play: Hi all I have an Xbox series X and a high end TV. In TV settings on the Xbox the resolution is set to 4k uhd but when this set to 4k I am unable to use remote play from my Rog ally,all I get is a...
  6. Xbox remote play

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox remote play: How do I connect remote play Xbox & find the Code after setting up the console 934014ae-5b83-4479-ab80-f8a4646c4dae
  7. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  8. xbox remote play not working over mobile network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox remote play not working over mobile network.: I have a samsung 23 ultra on att network. when I try to remote play on my console though the x box app over my 5 g mobile network I get an error message. I can connect to any wifi and have no...
  9. Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug

in XboX Insiders
    Help xbox series x remote play black screen bug: anytime i try an play on my xbox using remote play, with my logitech g cloud or my iphone, or laptop, the app will go an remote play to my xbox i get the xbox logo, an it works, but heres where...
  10. When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When i remote play to my series x trying to play cyberpunk 2077, it bugs all the controls: all my software is up to date and my internet is alway stable, but yet when i remote play to my series x to play cyberpunk, the controls bugs out like crazy. my sensitivity goes to almost zero and...