Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

Discus and support Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/BattlefrontPaladin, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do.

I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This is the second day that I've had it, and the first day that I decided to test remote play. Unfortunately, the screen is black with audio on the PC. Remote play then shortly disconnects. It seems to work fine on the mobile app on the phone, but I need for it to work on my Windows laptop.

The console says that everything is green in the remote play list and should be good to go, but this problem continues to happen.

Believe me when I have said that I have tried everything from a factory reset multiple times to adjusting the Nat and port settings for my internet.

At this point I am at a loss as to what I can do to get this to work. I don't know why it would work fine on my iPhone but not on a Microsoft Windows computer.

Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/BattlefrontPaladin
    [link] [comments]

/u/BattlefrontPaladin, Jan 1, 2024
  2. Gamer_464 Win User

PC app remote play not working properly.

Everything on my computer works fine. I can play games fine and making a new windows user does not fix it. It is an issue with remote play on the Xbox PC app specifically, nothing else. It connects for a brief moment with audio, but would be a black screen and then disconnect. only saying "something went wrong".
  3. Mauro Sarlat Win User

Xbox series s 1tb

4. LaiMin Feng Win User

black screen on remote play xbox series s to windows

Hi,

of course.

if I have to say, I'm no beginner in the field of remote playing.

I have always playing games with remote play on my ps4/5, my pc and my xbox one before this xbox series s.

so I know what to do.

the xbox series s is connected with gigabit lan cable so it's very stable, and of course I used 5 Ghz network with sufficient signal for the devices that would remote it.

it's weird that xbox remote play was always bad considering both (I mean the xbox and the windows) was made by microsoft :(

it's few steps behind from ps4/5 remote play which is very smooth and good.

why bad ? except for this problem, there's a well known problem that when first connecting remote play xbox, u have to turn on tv, or the screen would black (after the ship going from left to right). I have reported this problem a few times before and I think it's been more than 1 year, but it still like this until now. This is a bit annoying, and make it losing to ps4/ps5 remote play that's very smooth and never required the tv to be turned on at all.

Well, I was a bit off track.

back to this problem. I'd want to emphasize that while this problem similar with the above problem that I said that I have to turn on tv when connecting remote play, this is different problem. In here, the ship going from left to right never comes out, so after click to remote play, the screen goes black right away, and wont connected (even with tv turn on). I have tried waiting a very long time, and still nothing happened, after that if I tried to close it, there would be 2 options, to quit game or quit app.

like I said, I could remote play to the xbox series s with the gpd win max (intel), and my tablets (android) and phones (and even onexplayer intel before, but I have sold this one). It is to tell u that nothing wrong with the setup. All using the same network ofcourse.

And the aya neo (amd) and onexplayer amd version could remote to the xbox series s IF I used bluestack (with xbox app installed on the bluestack of course). Unfortunately with bluestack, the rumble function on my devices is not active, so it reduced the enjoyment.

BUT if I used xbox app directly from the windows on aya neo and onexplayer amd, it just gave me black screen (not even the ship going from left to right).

at this point, it seems that there's a problem with xbox app on amd device.

Microsoft pls help fix this soon as this have happened for months, and this really2 discouraged me to play my xbox series s. I have started regretting buying lots of games on my xbox series s if it's like this. :(

ps : for people that might not know, gpd win max, aya neo and onexplayer are umpc (ultra mini pc) or mini laptop with windows os, which is produced by chinese companies, for gamers that want to play windows games portable and handheld. So these devices have full function windows 10/11 OS.

gpd win max and onexplayer have intel and amd version, while aya neo only have amd version for the processor. And the specs are not slouch either as it's made for gamers in mind, it rivals (even better than) even the best version of microsoft surface pro 8 currently
  5. hlpbob007 Win User

Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play works on phone

Hello Geri,

As I described in my opening post:

"My problem comes, when I launch the XBOX APP on laptop, then I click on the consol icon between the bell and my profile name, I select my xbox series x, and I do not see that nice green rocket as loading screen, but i get an endless black screen. Also no error message, no audio, no video, nothing, just a black screen. (last time i let it go for 4 hours, came back still black screen)"

If you need, I can attache a screenshot of a black screen, but I do not believe that this will lead to anywhere.

If needed I can attach a screenshot of the XBOX APP in Windows where I click, but I hope my description above explains well.

Now that I was able to manage remote play with the old xbox one, i am quite sure there is some error in the xbox series x. However I am not 100% convinced, because both consols are reachable for remote play from the XBOX APP IOS version from my Apple Iphone.

Please let me know what you need to narrow down the problem.

Many thanks!

Cheers,

Robert
  6. Smwutches Win User

Xbox companion app

Thema:

Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

1. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb. - Similar Threads - Remote play app

2. Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox App on MacOS for Remote Play: Hey! I just purchased an Xbox series S and it every penny on it feels worth it and even better than PS in terms of power and price. However, it’s really off putting that there’s no Xbox app for...
  3. I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't use Remote Play because my Xbox Series X doesn't show up anywhere in the Xbox app.: I've been trying to revisit Forza Motorsport 5 to recreate another Aftermarket logo as a Vinyl Group. Unfortunately, I've run into a rather annoying issue... To give you context, I use a program...
  4. Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Does anyone know of compatible Smart TV's that can run the XBOX app for REMOTE play?: Not interested in cloud gaming, just remote play, so when my living room TV is being used, I can remote play on a TV in another room, without having to buy another xbox console....
  5. Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have to sign in to my console every time I try to use remote play on the Xbox app...: I've got a backbone that connects to my phone that enables xbox remote play on my android device. I have enabled remote play and connected my console to my phone through the app. The issue is that...
  6. Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows XBOX App after selecting remote play, hangs up on black screen, however remote play...: re-opening this thread because the issue was not resolved and I have the exact same problem except I have something to add. My X1X worked flawlessly streaming to my Win10 PC but my XSX just shows...
  7. Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app remote play and Gamepass App cloud gaming not recognising my controller: I'm trying to use my stadio controller which has been transitioned to bluetooth mode. It works perfectly with in browser cloud gaming It doesn't work at all with remote play on the xbox app or...
  8. Start Xbox App Remote Play when Xbox starts.

in XboX Insiders
    Start Xbox App Remote Play when Xbox starts.: hey guys! Every time when I start my xbox, I need to start the windows 11 Xbox App and remote play to get the sound to my PC. Is there a way to automatic start the windows Xbox + Remote Play when...
  9. Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to...: Trying to play through the Xbox app Remote Play option. Xbox controller is connected to phone. Works in app until I start Remote Play. Once launched the system accepts some inputs but not all...
  10. (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN

in XBoX on Consoles
    (Remote Play) Xbox App on PC prioritizes using Internet data instead of keeping it on LAN: I have an Xbox Series X connected on the same network as my computer and Android phone (Tried connecting them through the 5Ghz Wi-Fi and using 1Gbps ethernet cables). I've verified throught my...