Remnant 2, Error code: (0xc0000005)

Discus and support Remnant 2, Error code: (0xc0000005) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded Remnant 2 from the Xbox app in the gamepass section to my windows 10 pc. When attempting to launch I am met with this "Error code:... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joshua Canham, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Remnant 2, Error code: (0xc0000005)

I downloaded Remnant 2 from the Xbox app in the gamepass section to my windows 10 pc.

When attempting to launch I am met with this "Error code: (0xc0000005)".

Any solutions?

Remnant 2, Error code: (0xc0000005) [​IMG]

:)

Joshua Canham, Jan 8, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Joshua, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to run a system scan?

Open the Terminal window by pressing the Windows Key + X and Select "Open Powershell as Administrator".

Type this command: sfc /scannow

Press Enter.

If any error is found, follow the prompts to fix it.

Then, please, repair the XBOX app installation:

Press the Windows Key+X > Select Apps > Search for XBOX > Advanced > Repair

Let me know if it works!
  3. Hoskayra Win User

remnant 2 crashing on launch Error code: (0xc0000005)

Hi Decano, my name is Oskayra and I will be happy to help you.

The possible causes of your error may be the following:

1) That is usually an error that usually happens is in windows 7 a possible solution would be to change your windows to 10 or 11.

2) You could try to disable the antivirus and reinstall it as it may be confusing the files and deleting them.

3) check the requirements of the game on the following page, if it does not meet them is why you may be giving the error.

https://vandal.elespanol.com/requisitos/pc/remnant-2/131664
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft web site. The site appears to provide accurate and secure information. Beware of advertisements on the page that may advertise products often classified as PUPs (potentially unwanted products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before deciding to download and install it.

4) Try installing it on another computer to rule out that the problem is the one you currently have.

Keep in mind that this public forum is only for players like you trying to guide and help other players. We are not Microsoft employees.

We thank you for your understanding and hope that the problem will be resolved soon. I wish you the best of luck and we always try our best to help.

Best regards, Oskayra
  4. Dean Byers1 Win User

thanks for not even reading the post and commenting a copy paste resolve
  5. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hi. Dean B my name is Jose, i am happy to assist you today.

I am an independent player and advisor so I hope that the guide I send you will be helpful to you.

The error code 0xc0000005 is a general Windows error that indicates that a problem has occurred while accessing memory. In the case of The Remnant: From the Ashes, this can be caused by a number of factors, such as:

1) Game file problems: It is possible that the game files are damaged or corrupted. If this is the case, you can try to repair or reinstall the game.

2) Driver problems: Your graphics card or other hardware drivers may be outdated or incompatible with the game. Make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

3) Operating system problems: If your operating system is outdated or has problems, this can cause problems with other games, including The Remnant: From the Ashes. Make sure you have the latest operating system installed and that it is up to date.
    Here are some steps you can take to try to troubleshoot the problem:

1- Repair or reinstall the game: If you think the game files are damaged or corrupted, you can try to repair them or reinstall the game. To repair the game, open the Xbox app and select "Library". Then, select "The Remnant: From the Ashes" and select "Options". In the "Options" menu, select "Repair".

To reinstall the game, open the Xbox app and select "Library". Then, select "The Remnant: From the Ashes" and select "Uninstall". Once the game has been uninstalled, you can reinstall it from the Xbox app.

2- Update your drivers: If you think your graphics card or other hardware drivers may be outdated or incompatible with the game, you can try to update them. To update your drivers, visit the website of your hardware manufacturer and search for the latest drivers for your device.

3- Update your operating system: If you think your operating system is outdated or has problems, you can try to update it. To update your operating system, open the Settings app and select "Update & Security". Then, select "Windows Update" and select "Check for updates".

I hope it helps you, have a good day.
  6. XBF - Drew Win User

Elden Ring Keeps Crashing

Hi PRod1981,

Other users in this thread have also experienced the error code "0xc0000005." Please review the thread for the troubleshooting that was provided. There were some articles that were posted that users found helpful.

Best regards,

XBF Drew
Thema:

1. Remnant 2, Error code: (0xc0000005) - Similar Threads - Remnant Error code

2. Remnant 2 DLC Problem - not available in game

in XboX Insiders
    Remnant 2 DLC Problem - not available in game: I have a problem with Remnant 2. I own the Ultimate Edition and play it on PC. Before that I played this game on the Xbox and there were no problems there. I installed it via the Xbox app and the...
  3. Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 Main character with 80 hours just got deleted off the gamepass version..Anyway to...: im playing remnant 2 on gamepass. got 80 hours in...collected all items in yeasha and losomn. just got the cube gun and enigma..went today to play more..my controller has back buttons and tried to...
  4. Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I not able to play multiplayer Remnant 2 on Xbox S console ?: Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, updates, etc. I have an Xbox ultimate subscription and play on a series s console. when trying "public" i get "failed to create...
  5. Having problems with my remnant 2 DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having problems with my remnant 2 DLC: Hi, Just today I bought the remnant 2 dlc (well the ultimate edition in full even) on my pc (via the xbox app), and I can't seem to find it, or it doesn't work in any way. I uninstalled the...
  6. Remnant 2 on pc gamepass crashes after selecting character to fatal error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Remnant 2 on pc gamepass crashes after selecting character to fatal error.: I have been playing this and since the latest update on the 2nd I keep getting a fatal error crash after selecting my character. I have tried reinstalling the game and all drivers are up to date....
  7. Why is there no Remnant 2 in the xbox game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is there no Remnant 2 in the xbox game pass?: Why is there no Remnant 2 game in the Ukrainian xbox game pass, although the site shows that there seems to be? 948bf0f1-7630-455d-b63c-d8a1cb41cbc9
  8. DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DLC isn't recognized in Remnant: from the Ashes on PC: I own Remnant: from the Ashes - Complete Edition and have tried installing it multiple times including the DLC (Swamps of Corsus & Subject 2923) both separate and as part of the automatic queueing...
  9. Why is Remnant II downloading twice? Is this just how games are patched now?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Remnant II downloading twice? Is this just how games are patched now?: [img] This is ridiculous if this is the case. d3e245f6-f2df-4c17-ad5a-6016a56b7fb6
  10. remnant 2 crashing on launch Error code: (0xc0000005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    remnant 2 crashing on launch Error code: (0xc0000005): getting error code every time i attempt to launch the game, have tried moving install location, updating drivers, verifying integrity of files and updating windows to no avail. had a similar...