Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11)

Discus and support Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey, all. Posting this in July 2023. I'm using a standard Xbox Series controller with my Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth and I'm trying to remap the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Majin Boo Radley, Jul 17, 2023.

1. Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11)

Hey, all. Posting this in July 2023.

I'm using a standard Xbox Series controller with my Windows 11 PC via Bluetooth and I'm trying to remap the Share button to serve as an extra input for use with my Steam games. I've been looking up online on how to do this and it seems like it should possible through the Xbox Accessories app, but when I go check for myself, I can only see all of the other basic buttons available for configuration (No Share, View, Menu, or Xbox buttons listed on the drop down menu). My accessories app as well as the controller firmware are both up to date, and as of right now the Share button itself does nothing in or out of my games (I can choose to remap it directly through Steam but it doesn't do anything either). I've run Test Mode through the accessories app and it detects all of my inputs except for the Share and Xbox buttons.

Am I missing a step somewhere? Or is this not currently possible to do on Windows 11? Thanks.

:)

Majin Boo Radley, Jul 17, 2023
  2. wewmy Win User

xpadder notices it in directinput mode... the guide and share buttons. otherwise nothing
  3. WattyNuela Win User

Hello, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.
    Not a Microsoft employee.

I would like to let you know that at the moment, the share button isn’t compatible with Windows. I do experience the same when testing the buttons and pressing the share or Xbox button.

So we may need until Microsoft releases a compatibility update.
  4. V3ntilator Win User

Xbox Wireless Controller's Share Button and Windows 10

I can't use Windows 11 because of all the removed Win 10 features, and i don't like the new design at all.

I prefer Win 10 as it's more user friendly than Win 11.

- Steam natively supports the Share button in Win 10, and it also can be remapped to saving last 5 minutes with NVIDIA Shadowplay in games.

Alternate app.

- "Xbox Controller Button App".

It enables Share button in Win 10 and you can remap it to most on keyboard.

The problem is that it won't work for everyone due to different revisions of the Series X Gamepad.

Means all Series X Gamepads is not the same.

It's almost year 2023, and it shouldn't be this hard to remap one gamepad button to keyboard hotkey.

After all, it's PC where anything is possible.
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

Play and Charge Kit (USB Type C version) - Impossible to know when fully charged on PC

and we know full well microsoft are useless when it comes to their products. like remapping the share button on the controller in windows 10 and 11, i have to use a third party program to map it where is want and how i want.
  6. Padre784 Win User

Xbox one new "mapping" for their controllers, is anyone else having trouble with it?

If you have smartglass on iOS or android phones or the Xbox app on a windows phone or surface then you can log into that and use the controller function to access the A button. Use that to remap the controller (I'm assuming it's a standard wireless one).
Thema:

1. Remapping share button on standard Xbox Series controller? (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - Remapping share button

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will be mouse and keyboard remapping available in the Xbox Accessories app?: I'm disabled and I've been thinking that an Xbox Adaptive Controller could help me in basic Windows 11 PC usage. I read an article in October, that an update will allow the controller to be used...
  4. Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…

in XboX Insiders
    Disabling buttons on controller instead of just remapping…: Need the option to disable any button on Xbox controller instead of just remapping. Completely defeats the purpose of using pro controllers with extra buttons. When playing Elden Ring I sometimes...
  5. Remap Share button on Windows 10

in XboX Insiders
    Remap Share button on Windows 10: Hello, actually I have one Xbox Series X|S controller and when I look in Xbox Acessories on PC, I cannot found the option to remap my share button in Windows 10. This feature is only for console?...
  6. Xbox Accessories App On PC-Syncing Data Screen Stays At 0%-Cannot edit/remap controller

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Accessories App On PC-Syncing Data Screen Stays At 0%-Cannot edit/remap controller: I've been having this issue since May/June 2022. I use an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller to game on my PC. When I open the Xbox Accessories App to remap my controller layout, I am prompted with a...
  7. Trigger remap ability for slightly disabled gamers

in XboX Insiders
    Trigger remap ability for slightly disabled gamers: Hi there, I recently switched from Playstation to Xbox and loved the way as Xbox devs are trying to find solutions for gamers with disabilities. Then I sadly realised that there is no way now to...
  8. Xbox Elite Series 2 - Can't remap paddles.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Elite Series 2 - Can't remap paddles.: In the Game Controllers window -> Properties I can see 16 buttons. However, 11 to 16 are completely unreachable. **** Microsoft. Really? Why!? You really need to update the software. The...
  9. Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot remap Share button on PC (Xbox Accessories app Version 300.2202.25001.1) but...: In an official Xbox article Microsoft states that it's possible to remap the "share button" from a PC through the Xbox Accessories app. However, this is not possible because when you enter in the...
  10. share button remap mute mic possible?

in XboX Insiders
    share button remap mute mic possible?: Can you remap share button to mute mic that would be beautiful submitted by /u/yachtz420 [link] [comments]