Relinking to a new parent account when the old one has been removed and you don't remember ...

Discus and support Relinking to a new parent account when the old one has been removed and you don't remember ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I was younger I made an account and rushed through it. I didn't read any of the info and was honest about my age I ended up making a parent... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Serene2Judgment, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Relinking to a new parent account when the old one has been removed and you don't remember ...

When I was younger I made an account and rushed through it. I didn't read any of the info and was honest about my age I ended up making a parent account so I could activate the teen one but I threw in a random slew of numbers and letters for both the name
    and password. So I was wondering if support could be as kind as to remove the in game chat restriction manual or link my account to an actually family members account so they can adjust the setting. I thank you in advance for your help and patience. ( My account
    is or my actual parents account is teckroe4)

:)

Serene2Judgment, Jul 21, 2016
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    About To Buy Xbox One, Parental Information

Yes, he can. If you don't want any restrictions on his account, you an either....

1. Make an account for him but make sure the birthdate age is over 18.
    2. Put his real birthdate when making an account, but you'll be the one to control it. You can customize parental settings to however you want.

So yes, you can remove all restrictions.

ClNTRoN, Jul 21, 2016
  3. totecx1
    totecx1 Guest
    Ran into an issue with backwards compatible games. (Please Help.)

Your old gamertag is in the xbox 360 cache you have to go to settings and remove the linked account before you can add the new one. This happened to me 2 when i changed the lame tag microsoft assigned me. Even if you put the correct information and passcodes ot wont download your new gamertag until you remove the old linked account

totecx1, Jul 21, 2016
  4. Relinking to a new parent account when the old one has been removed and you don't remember ...

Hey there, Serene2Judgment! We can't manually make any of the changes you're looking for here on the forums, but I can definitely get you pointed in the right direction.

First, I suggest you
    add your true parent account to your Xbox family on an Xbox One. After you do that, you should be able to
    remove the other "fake" parent account.

However, if you run into any issues, I suggest you
    contact us
    via chat or phone support. They should be able to help you out further or get you to the right people that can. If you have any other issues with this, please post back! If you have any other issues you need assistance with, be sure to post up
    a new thread detailing what you're running into so that our community can work on helping you out. Thanks for posting!

Misses Quinzel, Jul 22, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Relinking to a new parent account when the old one has been removed and you don't remember ...