Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region)

Discus and support Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hey. For the last week I have been in agony because I can't buy a GamePass for PC subscription. I live in Kazakhstan, an independent country of 20... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Drobrobrat, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region)

Hey. For the last week I have been in agony because I can't buy a GamePass for PC subscription. I live in Kazakhstan, an independent country of 20 million people, the most developed country in Central Asia. For over 30 years it has been living on its own, without the patronage of Russia or the USSR, but for some reason Microsoft still considers me a resident of Russia and denies me the existence of my state, putting me in the region "Russia", where I can not buy a subscription due to known political events in the world. I've tried all alternative ways but nothing has worked. I just want to play games for a reasonable price, but the giant CORPORATION denies me the right to spend my own money, which will go into HER pocket. How can I get the subscription I want without the hassle and headache?

submitted by /u/Drobrobrat
    [link] [comments]

/u/Drobrobrat, Mar 18, 2024
  2. DoKKeL Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC for Ukraine

Do you have any available info about XBOX Game Pass in RU/CIS region?
  3. Rostom L Win User

gamepass

Hi Emre!

Did you mean about the Game Pass library or the Game Pass Perks?

From which region or country are you currently located for us to confirm if you're in a supported region?
  4. ngocphi Win User

checking if DLC content is available in region

does your physical region match your account region?

if not you may run into issues downloading content

the only reason why an online pass wouldn't work in your region if the code does not match your account region

now if you are talking about DLC seasons passes yes alot of season pass games are region locked due to the violent nature of those games or Distibution rights

the only work around is when creating an account it is best to use your actual region
  5. ngocphi Win User

Dark Souls- "Game's region does not match your console region"

The policy actually make sense typically you don't buy a console out of region

If you want to play a localized game you must have a localized console

Or in this case an ntsc console

Console region

Account region

Game region must match
  6. onyxishere Win User

xbox live does not honor their specials

Sorry to hear you're having troubles. However, when I try to pull up Spiderman 2 on the South Africa page it seems as though it is not available in your region because it will not come up.

This is not due to Microsoft's policy but from the developer of the game and your local government. Some games are not available in some regions due to policies put in effect by that region's government. These policies must be stuck to by the developer
    and distributor of those games.

The same would apply to Playstations sales as well.

If you would like to see changes to your regions policies you should start by petitioning your local government for changes in their video game laws.
Thema:

Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region)

1. Region policy of Game Pass (about CIS region) - Similar Threads - Region policy Game

2. Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region

in XboX Insiders
    Games missing on Xbox 360 based on region: Hi I want to buy Resident evil 5 for xbox 360 but it seems that it is missing from the xbox 360 store (i live on greece) I noticed though that I can find it in my UK account but it has a different...
  3. I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I just got gifted from a different region, and i can't claim the gift. What should i do?...: My friend gifted me Minecraft from US region. But i can't claim it because i'm on a different region. What should i do? can anyone help?? 82117b44-9dc0-427e-a6a5-51ff38f7169c
  4. Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Discord voice chat does appear on my xbox but I can use it when I switch regions: So the title describes practically everything, I can't use discord on my xbox, the discord tab just isn't there, but when I switch regions or console location the tab is there and I can use...
  5. I want to buy palworld from German region then change it to my current one im gonna keep...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to buy palworld from German region then change it to my current one im gonna keep...: Hi wo i want to buy this game "PALWORLD" FROM THE GERMANY REGION BECAUSE I HAVE SOME ACCOUNT BALANCE ON THE GERMANY REGION THEN CHANGE TO MY CURRENT REGION IM GONNA KEEP THE GAME AND BEING ABLE TO...
  6. Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move

in XBoX on Windows
    Region Files dissapearing in Minecraft world after faulty move: So a couple of years ago for some reason or another I moved a Minecraft world out of the saves folder, and if I can remember correctly I moved it into another World's folder. Now I want to go back...
  7. Region locked gift

in XBoX on Windows
    Region locked gift: So my friend gifted me a Saints Row IV: Re-Elected, but they live in a different country and the code is region locked, anyway around that or is there a way to give them a refund?...
  8. Fehler gefunden, Erfolge, Region Deutschland.

in XboX Insiders
    Fehler gefunden, Erfolge, Region Deutschland.: Ich habe knapp 3 Tage mit dem Community Support geschrieben, wegen diesem Fehler. Diesen Fehler, betrifft mich und meine Xbox Freunde. Und zwar meint der Support, dass es regional sein kann und...
  9. Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?: So im also asking if every physical game discs is region free for example f1 2018 or something and if im trying to change my xbox one language and region and my country ia not there then what...
  10. Do xbox global codes work everywhere including regions that dont have live service and if...

in XBoX on Windows
    Do xbox global codes work everywhere including regions that dont have live service and if...: I just want to know because i don't want to get an invalid code e6a13e8f-4425-4700-a48e-cec3cc37798a