Region Locked Trying to My Change XBOX Gamer Tag

Discus and support Region Locked Trying to My Change XBOX Gamer Tag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Greetings to the Microsoft Team, So I've read a couple of threads like these that are left unsolved, and in my own experience, since I don't live in... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Tachunkachan, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Tachunkachan
    Tachunkachan Guest

Greetings to the Microsoft Team,

So I've read a couple of threads like these that are left unsolved, and in my own experience, since I don't live in the US (Im from Asia). Whenever I want to change my Xbox Gamertag, the system directs me to the Payment Methods part, and I can't seem to complete the details since it asks me for:

1.) State (locked to the US)

2.) ZIP code (number of digits are based on a US address)

3.) Country Region - Apparently this option is grayed out and is locked to the US.

I only need to access these 3 questions so I can complete my payment method and finally pay $9.99 + taxes and so I can see my new Username. (My first gamertag had random numbers in it that annoyingly appears in most microsoft xbox games.) The first username change didn't require me to pay and I had a smooth transition in changing my gamertag. I just hope to have the same experience for my second gamertag change.

I've updated my Microsoft account, updated the exact region, managed my credit card info and billing/shipping addresses, and yet when I head to the Xbox gamertag change option again, it doesn't show my preferred credit card and is still locked to the US region.

I'm sure a number of users who want to change their gamertags and are living outside the US encounter this problem. So UNTIL this thread is answered or solved, I will comment down below saying if it worked for me.

:)

Tachunkachan, Apr 28, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: