Regarding an old 360 account...

Discus and support Regarding an old 360 account... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, so for years now I've been trying to recover my first Xbox live account from when I was like 8. It used to work just fine with xbox live, but at... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Mathew Parker, Sep 11, 2023.

1. Regarding an old 360 account...

Hi, so for years now I've been trying to recover my first Xbox live account from when I was like 8. It used to work just fine with xbox live, but at some point when I was really young the profile just stopped working properly.

I couldn't sign into it if I was online, but I still technically have access to it offline.

Every time I try to sign into it online, though, I get a message saying, "We need the email and password of your microsoft account to updatethe security of your xbox profile." I have the gamertag for it of course, but nowhere in its information does it say the name of the email associated with it.

So I'm not sure what the email or password is, or even if it had an email to begin with. But this account is really important to me so I really wanna try to recover it, does anyone have any clue on how I could start the recover process for this?

:)

Mathew Parker, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Mistress Sara Win User

Hi there,

The 360 had an option to create a local profile, as well as a live profile. If the account was local to the console, there will be no way to retrieve it unless you had the profile saved to a storage device, and still have a working 360 to retrieve it onto.

If the account was a live profile, tied to a Microsoft account, you will need to fill out the Account Recover Form. Be sure to enter as much information as possible.

Keep in mind, if it's been longer than 5 years since it was accessed, there's a chance it won't be recoverable. Several years back Microsoft updated their policies and started disabling/removing accounts that were not signed into/active after several years.
  3. Mathew Parker Win User

The account says it's an xbox live account, but there's no email shown where there normally should be one. I'll try to see if I can use the account recover form to help my situation.
  4. voteDC Win User

Regarding an old account

Change the name of the Stumbling Spoon account to something else. Then change the name of your current account from Harmonic Muffin to Stumbling Spoon.

It'll cost you 1600msp though, 800msp per change.
  5. Dirty Loco Win User

Regarding an old account

6. Charity EU Win User

Old 360 account

Hey Nasal!

Hitting back the Microsoft Gaming nostalgia huh?

Okay well all you need to do is have a bit of a think. If you can remember what the e-mail address was that may have been linked back to your gamertag and the password then try signing in with it there! You should be able to carry on doing so! If you can
    remember your e-mail but not your password then you can simply reset your password here:
    account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx

I hope you get back to old times, and if you're having any more issues just post back here!
Thema:

1. Regarding an old 360 account... - Similar Threads - Regarding old 360

2. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question Regarding Enforcements and Community Standards: I'm being given an enforcement for an innocuous looking for group post where I am offering to help kill a boss in Diablo 4 for gold. Why? This isn't against any community standards, and gold is...
  4. Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop

in XBoX on Windows
    Regarding my issue with streaming in gaming laptop: So i am having an issue on streaming games like apex legends or fortnite or any games in general and i cant even stream on discord. Idk why but it keeps saying ur network is trash but i have a...
  5. Regarding Shipment Service issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Regarding Shipment Service issue: I have placed a service for my xbox controller which is in service. For xbox service i got a mail to attach a shipment label in the product box and a form named "To Whom So Ever It May Concern" in...
  6. Please explain regarding hacked accounts

in XBoX on Windows
    Please explain regarding hacked accounts: Long story short, packing started with an email to Microsoft which ended up hitting Xbox. Managed to have the account recovered only to find out that it was suspended indefinitely due to...
  7. Home Xbox questions regarding changes.

in XboX Insiders
    Home Xbox questions regarding changes.: Hi all, I have an Xbox series S at my flat (which is currently my home Xbox) and my old Xbox one at my partners place. When I made her an account on my old Xbox it wouldn’t let me play any of the...
  8. Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone read anything regarding the wishlist bug?: I've been shrugged off by Microsoft support too many time about this so I'm hoping someone here might have some information regarding it. submitted by /u/Grojniar [link] [comments]
  9. Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are all threads in regards to 4K HDR 120Hz and Dolby Atmos cutouts all locked?: Here's an example of one that's locked that I chimed in on. Over 16,000 people viewed and you STILL haven't acknowledged or resolved the issue. Which is ****....
  10. Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases

in XBoX on Windows
    Persistent Notifications Regarding Old Refund Cases: I am deeply concerned about the relentless barrage of notifications flooding my inbox regarding old refund cases that have already been resolved. Despite my repeated requests to cease these...