Refusing live password after changing and rebooting.

Discus and support Refusing live password after changing and rebooting. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox has repeatedly not recognised live password, despite it being changed twice. I have reset the console saving games and apps and the problem... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ViralTeblin, Jul 12, 2016.

1. ViralTeblin
    ViralTeblin Guest

Xbox has repeatedly not recognised live password, despite it being changed twice. I have reset the console saving games and apps and the problem persists. The console is now also glitching/getting stuck on password screen etc. Do I need to arrange a repair?

:)

ViralTeblin, Jul 12, 2016
  2. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile

Xbox LIVE password overview

It is possible to download your Xbox LIVE profile to several different consoles. You may need to do this if you have more than one Xbox 360 console, or you want to play games at a friend's house. In such a situation, you may want to password protect your Xbox LIVE account so that no one else can sign in using your profile.

Set the console to remember your password

Once you have downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to a console, you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. The Remember Password option is usually off by default. This means that you will be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE.

If you don't want to be asked for your Microsoft account password every time you sign into Xbox LIVE, select the Remember Password option.

Change the password protection on your profile

You are required to set the Remember Password option after you download your Xbox LIVE profile. However, you can change the password protection on your Xbox LIVE profile any time.

If you don't need a password to sign in:

Sign into your Xbox LIVE profile. After you have entered your Microsoft account password, select the Remember Password option.

If you choose the Remember Password option, you will not be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

If you need a password to sign in:

You can restrict access to your Xbox LIVE profile on any console using your Microsoft account password.

Steps to follow

1) Sign in using your Xbox LIVE gamertag.

2) Under Settings, select Account and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select Require Password Here

You will be asked for your Microsoft account password the next time you sign into your Xbox LIVE profile.

How to password protect your Xbox LIVE profile remotely

If you downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile to another console and it is not password protected, or someone has compromised your password, you can change the password from a remote location so that no one else can access your profile.

Change your Microsoft account

1) Sign into accounts.live.com using your Microsoft account.

2) Go to Account Information and, next to Password, click Change.

You can also use your console to change your Microsoft account password.

Note: If the Xbox LIVE profile you downloaded does not require a password to sign in (You selected the Remember Password option), you will not be able to restrict someone from signing into your Xbox profile even if you change your Microsoft account password.

You can remove your Microsoft account password so that other people cannot access your Xbox profile on other consoles. This will ensure that a password is required before signing into your Xbox profile.

Remotely set a profile password from a computer:

1) Sign into your Xbox LIVE account.

2) Under Settings, select Account, and then Account Security

3) Choose the option for Password at Sign In.

4) Select On All Other Consoles.

Once you have done this, a password will be required to sign into your Xbox LIVE profile on all other consoles.

xboxfelix, Jul 12, 2016
  3. Can't connect to xbox live

After rebooting my router, i could re-connect to live, but now it's asking me to type my e-mail and password and then i get the error code "80151904"

MasterChief5430, Jul 12, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there ViralTeblin.

Is it possible you have 2-step verification enabled on your account? If so you'll need to set up an app specific password over on account.microsoft.com and use that to sign in.

Mister Maka, Jul 13, 2016
  5. ViralTeblin
    ViralTeblin Guest
    HI Mister Maka, Thank you for replying.

I don't have 2 step verification enabled. I have only ever signed in using email and password.

The glitching began a couple of weeks ago when the Xbox refuses to play Fifa. It kept asking if I owned the game and to inset the disk. This just led to further password prompts. The disk has been checked at my local game store and is fine despite not playing
    on my console. Since then the password prompts have become more frequent and then they stopped being recognised and the system is freezing. I am unable to log into live to use any apps e.g. Amazon, Netflix etc or play online.

The console is only 2 months old and has been fine until 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

ViralTeblin, Jul 13, 2016
  6. Miss Bijoux
    Miss Bijoux Guest
    Hey ViralTeblin -

If you are continuing to experience password issues regarding your Xbox Live account, you will want to reach out to phone support via our
    Contact Us page. Unfortunately we are not able to assist with account/billing issues on the public forums.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!

Miss Bijoux, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there ViralTeblin.

Is it possible you have 2-step verification enabled on your account? If so you'll need to set up an app specific password over on account.microsoft.com and use that to sign in.
  8. Miss Bijoux Win User

Hey ViralTeblin -

If you are continuing to experience password issues regarding your Xbox Live account, you will want to reach out to phone support via our
    Contact Us page. Unfortunately we are not able to assist with account/billing issues on the public forums.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks!
  9. ViralTeblin Win User

HI Mister Maka, Thank you for replying.

I don't have 2 step verification enabled. I have only ever signed in using email and password.

The glitching began a couple of weeks ago when the Xbox refuses to play Fifa. It kept asking if I owned the game and to inset the disk. This just led to further password prompts. The disk has been checked at my local game store and is fine despite not playing
    on my console. Since then the password prompts have become more frequent and then they stopped being recognised and the system is freezing. I am unable to log into live to use any apps e.g. Amazon, Netflix etc or play online.

The console is only 2 months old and has been fine until 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
  10. ProjeKtWEREWOLF Win User

Xbox Live

Netflix. Changed my password on the website. Rebooted the Xbox.

Got disconnected from live AGAIN. rebooted Xbox. Loaded Netflix app. Logged in with new password.

Netflix worked. Stupid bug.

Xbox live is still playing silly buggers. Still randomly disconnecting after sloooooooooow login (or a failed login). Very very annoying.
  11. Default_570 Win User

Halo Infinite game disk installation

does iit still refuse after rebooting the console?
Thema:

1. Refusing live password after changing and rebooting. - Similar Threads - Refusing live password

2. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  3. My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Series X Controller refuses to connect and doesn't register any console.: Not sure how much more descriptive I can be. And before you say to use the sync buttons, guess what? The one on my Xbox doesn't work, so that won't be a useful piece of advice. Already tried the...
  4. xbox one x refuses to start in troubleshoot mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x refuses to start in troubleshoot mode: I have spent 2 weeks waiting for a replacement hdd for my xbox one x that has about 20 hours of play on it...... The problems started with having troubles saving my game progress and was telling...
  5. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....: Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my...
  6. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  7. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  8. What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline...: What to do when your Xbox on s refuses to update and you don't have a flashdrive to offline update? ec197dba-d87a-4560-9b2f-b7939095be0c
  9. Xbox 360 refusing to power on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 refusing to power on: Hoping my xbox hasn't died, but I'm reasonably sure it has. Yesterday, I was playing a game for a couple of hours and the 360 powered off and wouldn't immediately turn back on. The power button...
  10. Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.

in XboX Insiders
    Console refuses to recognize any wifi, and does not connect to internet after recent update.: My Series X 9/10 times, will not display any local area wifi networks, in the 1/10 times it does, and I enter the password for our wifi, it says it cannot connect to the internet. I'm unsure of...