Refunding a game my friend cant even play

Discus and support Refunding a game my friend cant even play in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i bought Minecraft for a buddy of mine, he lives across the world. When he tried to redeem the code i sent him via email, it said he couldn't redeem... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Spencer Vidos, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Refunding a game my friend cant even play

So i bought Minecraft for a buddy of mine, he lives across the world. When he tried to redeem the code i sent him via email, it said he couldn't redeem due to "it was purchased in a different region from your account", Now i try to get a refund but it doesn't appear on my request a refund page at all. Now i just had money go down the drain to a game my friend cant even play??

:)

Spencer Vidos, Aug 8, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Hello Spencer. My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. Maybe it's possible that your friend can get the game if he changes the region of your store in the Xbox Store, once redeemed he can play without problems, let him know about it.
    Doing that would actually be against the rules if their friend changes their region to one where they dont actually live. It would also cause other issues for them as well.

So you really shouldnt be advising people to do that.
  3. EzequielNeves19 Win User

Hello Spencer.
    My name is Ezequiel. I'm an Independent Consultant and I'm happy to help you today. Maybe it's possible that your friend can get the game if he changes the region of your store in the Xbox Store, once redeemed he can play without problems, let him know about it.
  4. lucasbernal1 Win User

minecraft gift code

Also my friend just told me that he cant refund minecraft because you need 10 minutes of gameplay to be able to refund it and the problem is i cant even install so is there just no way to refund the game?
  5. lucasmcgovern Win User

Forza horizon 4

i bought the game just to play with friends and i cant refund it now because i have too many hours in game
  6. lilbitesryummy Win User

XBOX PARTY - AS SOON AS I ACCEPT AN INVITE I GET KICKED/CAN'T HOST A PARTY

same i can’t even join my friend whatsoever and now im running out of ideas on what game i should play when i cant play with my friend
Thema:

1. Refunding a game my friend cant even play - Similar Threads - Refunding game friend

2. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  3. Is there any way my friend could get the refund for the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any way my friend could get the refund for the game?: I was gifted Modern Warfare 3 for xbox and unfortunately, I have a PC. b082e77e-48b2-4445-a977-5e3b45368645
  4. Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...: I bought the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor for my friend as a gift and sent him the code, not knowing it was only available for the Series X/S. He only has an Xbox One and when he redeemed the code,...
  5. I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cant get a refund on a game i gifted from the Canadian Microsoft store and my friend...: I cant get a refund on a game that i gifted. My friend cant redeem the code because i bought the game from the Canadian Microsoft store and hes in the USA. The game is not showing on my purchases...
  6. Can I refund a game I bought my friend

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund a game I bought my friend: So I bought my friend a game on xbox and he tried to enter the code but It didn't work and I can't refund it cause it's over 14 days. f5895e00-8ced-4511-924b-f003b792cd4d
  7. Friend gifted me a game for Xbox by accident - I don't have an XBOX - want to refund him

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend gifted me a game for Xbox by accident - I don't have an XBOX - want to refund him: A friend gifted me Dying Light 2 for Xbox, but I don't have an XBOX. He thought it would work on PC through the Windows store, but it appears Dying Light 2 is not available through the Windows...
  8. How do you request a refund for a game as the form of a gift to a friend code?

in XBoX on Mobile
    How do you request a refund for a game as the form of a gift to a friend code?: So basically I'm trying to get a refund for a non redeemed game code that i gifted to my friend only to realize after that he bought the same game. Now, on the Microsoft Xbox support page it says...
  9. can I refund a gifted game from my friend?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can I refund a gifted game from my friend?: One of my friends sent me a game that I don't like... If I refund it the money will transfer to my xbox account or his? d432b859-8219-4852-b473-3671b77a5a79
  10. Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i refund a game i bought so that i can gift said game to a friend of mine?: I was wondering if i can refund WWE 2K18 so that i may buy said game to my friend so that we can play together and, before you ask: 1: No, i can't share my account with him because he has his...