Refunded game I can’t buy again

Discus and support Refunded game I can’t buy again in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently bought NBA2k24 and I bought the game with the wrong card so I refunded it and now I can’t buy the game again. The refund went through. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mailman3, Sep 25, 2023.

1. mailman3
    mailman3 Guest

I recently bought NBA2k24 and I bought the game with the wrong card so I refunded it and now I can’t buy the game again. The refund went through. Is there any way i can fix this?

:)

mailman3, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi mailman3,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you recently purchased NBA2k24 with the wrong card and had to refund it. However, now you are unable to purchase the game again.

When you try to purchase the game again, are you prompted with an error message? If yes, please provide us with the exact error message that you are getting.

One possible cause of this issue could be that the refund process has not yet been completed. It usually takes 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed and for the funds to be returned to your account. During this time, you may not be able to purchase the game again.

Another possible cause could be that there is an issue with your Microsoft account or payment method. It is important to ensure that your payment method is up to date and that there are no issues with your account.

To resolve this issue, I recommend the following steps:

1. Check your email for any notifications regarding the refund process. If the refund has not yet been processed, you may need to wait a few more days before attempting to purchase the game again.

2. Ensure that your payment method is up to date and that there are no issues with your account. You can do this by logging into your Microsoft account and checking your payment options.

If the refund has been processed and your payment method is up to date, and you are still unable to purchase the game, please reach out to our Xbox live support for us to check on the account and for further assistance. You can reach our live support through these steps:

1. Go to: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. See the bottom left part of the page and make sure that the page has the correct region that you are in (ex: United States - English for USA)
    3. If not, click on it then select the correct region that you are in.
    4. Check and confirm that you are within the available time of support under Contact times.
    5. Click Contact us
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. On the page, see the provided support articles that may help you with your concern. Click See contact options if further assistance is needed.
    8. On the next page, select either Chat online or Request a call option then follow or enter the needed details.

If still you are unable to reach our live support through those steps above, go back to this page: Contact us | Xbox Support then select the Ask a question option under Try our virtual agent section and enter this exact phrase: Talk to an agent.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. OK Fowl Win User

Refunding

4. s33r Win User

Microsoft store

My understanding is that refunds take take up to 5 working days to process...if it's only been a couple of working days, then I'd be waiting till the middle to end of next week to see if it appears
    Yeah okay, but I’m just wondering why I can’t even play it. And why I have to buy it again.

If a refunded has been given albeit taking up to 5 working days to arrive, then the license for that game will likely have been removed from your account as part of the refund process. This will likely be why it's asking you to buy it again.
  5. AnonymityAu Win User

Microsoft store

My understanding is that refunds take take up to 5 working days to process...if it's only been a couple of working days, then I'd be waiting till the middle to end of next week to see if it appears
    Yeah okay, but I’m just wondering why I can’t even play it. And why I have to buy it again.

If a refunded has been given albeit taking up to 5 working days to arrive, then the license for that game will likely have been removed from your account as part of the refund process. This will likely be why it's asking you to buy it again.

Yeah that would make sense. But I should be able to play the game up until the refund gets accepted shouldn’t I?
  6. DarrenHowells1 Win User

Minecraft download

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried all you suggested and I still can’t find it. The only option I have when I go to store is to purchase it again even though I have the proof that I have already bought it.

Is there anyway to get a refund and then buy it again?
Thema:

1. Refunded game I can’t buy again - Similar Threads - Refunded game can’t

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  4. Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed or refunded: Bought a game for a friend and it can't be redeemed. It said because it's from another region which is weird because we're in the same city. We checked every possible accounts regions which was...
  5. What do I do if a game was refunded and I didnt know

in XBoX on Windows
    What do I do if a game was refunded and I didnt know: I was playing GTA V Online then it said I don’t own it so when i want to go see what happened it says that the game was refunded. I got my money back but since it was at discount at the time i...
  6. i recently refunded a game, but i can’t repurchase it?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i recently refunded a game, but i can’t repurchase it?: i recently bought the game jedi survivor, after refunding it, i realized i liked the game and wanted to buy it, but it is not letting me repurchase the game, is there any way you could find a way...
  7. Trying to get a game refunded and Xbox can’t find it

in XBoX on Windows
    Trying to get a game refunded and Xbox can’t find it: I’m trying to request a refund for an accidental purchase. I requested one on the form and got a reply saying they can’t find any purchases on my account. The game is on my console and on my bank...
  8. I can’t get a refund or my game that I payed for!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t get a refund or my game that I payed for!: I preordered for a game on Xbox digitally and accidentally purchased the wrong version but it’s past the refund date but they said that I had to buy the right version before they could give me my...
  9. Why can’t I refund a game I purchased in the last 14 days that I played for less than 2 hours?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can’t I refund a game I purchased in the last 14 days that I played for less than 2 hours?: Yesterday I bought 7 Days to Die under the idea that it was cross play because I checked the developers website and it says that it’s cross play. However it is not cross play so I requested a...
  10. I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted a game but they can’t redeem it so I would like a refund: I bought a friend Red Dead Online but they can’t redeem it because they are In Usa and im in Canada fadcb11d-9041-4930-bc08-78b827e00fbb