Refund on wrong purchase digital game

Discus and support Refund on wrong purchase digital game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Pat Littlefield, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one

:)

Pat Littlefield, Dec 27, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Pat, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

To request a refund for the game, please visit the following website:

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-games-apps/refund-orders

Please take in mind that sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for your purchase to appear in the refundable orders history. If you don't see it, you may need to wait that time and check again.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. JennEaton Win User

Purchased wrong Minecraft version - how can I exchange?

Just curious if you got the refund on the digital purchase? I’m having the same problem of buying the wrong version 😞
  4. Onyx Is Here Win User

Xbox One Game return.

Hello, the refund was for digital purchases of the game and within the game. All refunds have been completed to all accounts who purchased the digital product
  5. MoeZArts Win User

refund

6. L Dubs89 Win User

Refund denied, specific reason omitted

For digital games here is the relevant paragraph from microsoft’s terms of sale:

For complete details on refunds for digital game offers, Xbox apps (excluding movies and tv apps), digital gaming bundle offers, and digital durable and consumable gaming offers, such as games season passes, virtual currency, and microtransactions,
    whether made available through the Xbox console device or on your PC (collectively “Digital Game Products”), see our Digital Game Purchase Refund Terms page https://support.xbox.com/billing/payment-and-purchases/digital-game-purchase-refund-terms.

Here is Microsofts policy on digital games, (which is the above link)

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing/payment-and-purchases/digital-game-purchase-refund-terms

I think the only solution is to request a refund again, but Microsoft does say digital purchases are final and are only reviewed under certain circumstances.

Sorry i cant be more helpful
Thema:

1. Refund on wrong purchase digital game - Similar Threads - Refund wrong purchase

2. Wrong item refunded

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wrong item refunded: I accidentally refunded the wrong item it was a currency pack for trove and it was a gift for a friend. Do I need to repurchase that pack for him so it doesn’t take it out of his game?...
  3. I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I wanted a refund . It says I've...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I wanted a refund . It says I've...: I ordered 2 shark cards but for the wrong console and I requested a refund and it said denied because there's a limit. I've never got anything refunded since I bought my Xbox. I have proof that...
  4. Refund of Fifa Points bought for wrong version of the application

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund of Fifa Points bought for wrong version of the application: Hi, I accidentally bought FP for FUT 23 instead of EA FC 24. I realized that immediatelly after the purchase and requested the refund and the refund was rejected... The FP were not consumed in...
  5. I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought a game in less than 24 hours realised it was the wrong game asked for a refund and...: I bought a game accidently yesterday and I wanted to get a refund but it didn't give me one because it says too many refunds this year when I haven't refunded anything this year at all can someone...
  6. Refund request wrongfully denied

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund request wrongfully denied: Hello,I recently purchased the incorrect in game points on ea fc 24.I accidentally purchased the £80 option instead of the £20 option. I instantly thought I’d be able to get a refund on these so I...
  7. I bought in game credits than realized that I bought the wrong amount and I refunded it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought in game credits than realized that I bought the wrong amount and I refunded it: I bought credits in a Overwatch and it was the wrong amount so than I went to go do something and came back to my Xbox and my friend bought something with the credits what will happen? The refund...
  8. Can I get a refund on the wrong Minecraft Legends code version?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund on the wrong Minecraft Legends code version?: I wanted to purchase Minecraft Legends on my PC assuming that Xbox and Microsoft are connected. From this, I was hoping that it would allow me to install on my Minecraft Launcher, but it didn't...
  9. Can I get a refund when I unknowingly bought a shark card for the wrong Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I get a refund when I unknowingly bought a shark card for the wrong Xbox?: Hey I unknowingly bought the wrong shark card for GTA online and I was really hopeing I could get a refund on it because I spent 90$ on it and it would be vary vary frustrating if I just gave away...
  10. How do I get a refund for an Elder scrolls expansion that was purchased on the wrong account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get a refund for an Elder scrolls expansion that was purchased on the wrong account.: I requested within 14 days, and before it was released, and it was denied. No email was sent so cannot appeal that way. The reason was "You've exceeded the allowable refund period for digital game...