Refund for a game purchased on a card with activation code!

Discus and support Refund for a game purchased on a card with activation code! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We are still not able to get online with our new game. I’m so frustrated that no one is helping us. You spend $60 on a game and then can’t play it and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CarlyOeser, Jan 10, 2021.

1. CarlyOeser
    CarlyOeser Guest

We are still not able to get online with our new game. I’m so frustrated that no one is helping us. You spend $60 on a game and then can’t play it and no one has a resolution for us. PLEASE call me at [mod removed] any time. If we can’t
    get this to work I feel Xbox is responsible to give us a credit on our account so we can purchase the game again and keep our fingers crossed that this one works. Please help us. Thank you.

:)

CarlyOeser, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Assassin-7DEB02B5-24 Win User

my credit card details are on son's console!

You MUST call support.

Removal of credit card details will result in cancellation of your subscription. Be mindful of this as Microsoft DOES NOT have to refund you the unused balance. You CAN request/demand a refund in the form of token codes which can be used in place of any
    active credit card. It will however drop your son's current subcription from Silver/Gold to 'free' for which you can use the tokens to re-activate the subscription for the length of time the codes provide for.

As far as the credit card billing history and the 'last four digits' -- that information will forever be visible in your account.

Going forward, use MS POINTS/SUBSCRIPTION CARDS to purchase subscriptions/content in lieu of credit cards and auto renewal.
  3. HassanB Win User

Xbox Live Gold Redeem Code

Hello,

If you're getting an error code saying that the card has not been activated then you will need to take it to the retailer where you purchased this card from. Microsoft does not have any sort of way to manually activate these cards. The card can only be activated
    from the retailer it was purchased from.

Thanks.
  4. onyxishere Win User

billing violation

A card that gives a message saying it was not activated means that the retailer did not activate your code when you purchased it. Go back to the store and have them activate the code.
  5. ELIPS360 Win User

Never received Vbucks

If you purchase a gift card try to go to the store you previously purchased. Sometimes you need a submit code to activate the gift card
  6. MLange73 Win User

my xbox live gold 12m code is not working

Hi!

That error means the card was not rung through the cash register properly or at all. Every card off the shelf, unless swiped through the cash register and activated (something like a phone card) will give that error.

If the card was purchased, the only way to fix it is to take it back to the merchant with the receipt and have them try to activate it again. They may be able to look up your receipt with your friend's credit or debit card if he doesn't have it anymore.

Quoting
    https://support.xbox.com/billing/prepaid-codes/prepaid-code-errors
    :

"This code wasn't activated by the retailer. Contact the store and have them activate the card"

"All codes must be activated at the point of sale in order to be used on Xbox Live. Sometimes there can be a delay at the retailer when activating. If you receive this error message, wait 24 hours and try again. If the card does not work 24 hours after purchase,
    take the card back to the retailer along with your proof of purchase and ask them to activate it."
Thema:

1. Refund for a game purchased on a card with activation code! - Similar Threads - Refund game purchased

2. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  3. I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve been waiting for refund from game purchases since December, they have been accepted I...: My son was incorrectly charged for vbucks in December, I’ve been waiting since then for a refund. It has been excepted but I can’t find anywhere to discuss this as surely it should of been...
  4. Refund for game pass purchase that was not me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund for game pass purchase that was not me: Game pass charge for $52 on my account. My game pass renews the 18th of every month. This purchase was not me. f29c9ebe-3d21-4881-a117-ae57d3c15492
  5. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund on wrong purchase digital game: I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb
  6. i would like to get a refund for a game that i purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i would like to get a refund for a game that i purchased: Today i purchased GTA 5 but it won't download. i've tried trouble shooting and iv'e also tried the solutions that have been mentioned and it still won't download. So i would like to have a refund...
  7. Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I refund an accidental purchase for a game I've already played on game pass?: I just purchased minecraft on the store rather than renewing my game pass thinking that I would be able to play online with my friends without the game pass subscription, and I would have the...
  8. Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Request for Game Pass Purchase: Both the xbox app and gamepass for whatever reason has decided not to work this month, so I'd like to request a refund for this months purchase. I cant make a ticket online because it doesn't...
  9. How do i get a refund on in game purchases because the purchase on content didn’t pop up...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i get a refund on in game purchases because the purchase on content didn’t pop up...: I tried to purchase 20 dollars of in game content one time and it bought it twice and a 5 dollar one and i want a refund for all of it because none of it even popped up but it still charged me...
  10. How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do i get a refund on a game i accidentally purchased: I accidentally bought. 2k23 and want a refund please 786638c2-06fb-4178-bedf-ea3893bbee6a