Refund for a digital game that does not work was denied

Discus and support Refund for a digital game that does not work was denied in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I purchased a new Xbox One S about a month ago. Last week, I purchased a digital copy of Lego DC Super Villains. It worked for a day or two, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by tritongh, Sep 18, 2020.

1. tritongh
    tritongh Guest

Hello. I purchased a new Xbox One S about a month ago. Last week, I purchased a digital copy of Lego DC Super Villains. It worked for a day or two, but then stopped working. It would load the beginning screen, freeze, and then kick me back out after
    20 seconds or so. I followed all the Microsoft guidance, including resetting my Xbox to factory defaults and reinstalling. Then, I happen to read the reviews, and see that glitches with this game are very common. So, I requested a refund. And was denied.
    This makes no sense. The product is defective. Many people have commented on it. Why can I not get a refund of my $60? I tried to go to the developers website and there's not even a place to send them an email or a phone number to call. Almost as if they
    knew their product is [mod removed] and didn't want anyone reaching out to them anymore. If I go to the shoe store and the shoes are defective, I return them to the shoe store. I don't call up Nike or Adidas directly.

Someone please help me understand how to get my money returned. This is my service request number that was sent to me with my rejection:
    [mod removed-personal information]

Thanks!

:)

tritongh, Sep 18, 2020
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Tritongh,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We are sorry for the issue with a refund. Unfortunately, no one here on the forums can help with refunds. They are all done by a certain team. There are many factors in determining a refund. You will need to reply to
    the denial email for further assistance or appeal of the denial.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. tritongh Win User

Brad,

Thanks for the reply. Typically, emails like the one I received do not accept a reply, but I tried it anyway. A day later, no reply to my email. My assumption is that my reply went to an email inbox that doesn't get monitored.

What's also a bit funny is the link in the email to the "Digital Game Purchase Refund Terms" is broken and does not work. It says the page must have moved.

All in all, this is very frustrating. Further, as future Xbox consoles are all digital, it would seem Microsoft needs to reconsider their policy on refunds as it related to defective digital games they are selling through the Microsoft Store.

At this point, is my only option to call the phone number and try to get someone on the phone? I tried to use Chat, but it says Chat is not available for this question.

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks!
  4. XBF Leo G Win User

Refund denied for a game that does not work

Hello IgalVee,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will be
    more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming
    IgalVee!
  5. BogdanJeleri Win User

I have the exact same issue. Demo worked fine, but ultimate edition not..Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate edition does not work as well:

Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Edition:

The program ForzaHorizon4.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance
    control panel.

Process ID: 27ec

Start Time: 01d6416faab3424a

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: F:\WindowsApps\Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Report Id: 8c42b49b-6fc9-456e-848e-ccacb0895e71

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.SunriseBaseGame_1.416.287.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: SunriseReleaseFinal

Hang type: Activation

Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition worked fine, before the last update 2004 version:

Faulting application name: forza_x64_release_final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5b171431

Faulting module name: TargetHardwareProfiler.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57a882c5

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000000001c826

Faulting process id: 0x24f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6403f74e3a09b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\forza_x64_release_final.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\TargetHardwareProfiler.dll

Report Id: 8aff4c22-e1eb-4b93-94db-7b850b85522a

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.OpusPG_1.0.125.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: OpusReleaseFinal
  6. IgalVee Win User

I have the same issue, and looking at the reviews on the MS Store so do about 1/3 of the customers who reviewed this title. Apparently the devs have been sitting on this issue for many months without fixing it. Instead of taking care of this, they're busy
    fixing things like stupid achievements, if you look at the last couple of updates. Clearly they have their priorities straight.
Thema:

1. Refund for a digital game that does not work was denied - Similar Threads - Refund digital game

2. digital game refund

in XBoX on Windows
    digital game refund: I requested a digital game refund which was accepted, its been more than two weeks and i'm still waiting for the refund. aacb9b69-a4d2-47e1-b262-48279c3cdf28
  3. I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.

in XBoX on Windows
    I have asked for a refund for a digital download. I never received. Please advise.: I have asked for A Refund 4 digital download that I have never received. I have went through the proper channels. Still have not received my refund. Please advise. LouderRefund 4 digital download...
  4. Digital Refund.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Digital Refund.: So my son brought Madden 24 with my Cashapp card on his account And I requested a refund the day he brought it with 1 hr 50 something minutes of playtime, And it said my Request was approved But I...
  5. So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my refund for a digital game was approved and I still haven’t got my money and it’s been...: I just want my money back. 569c5ef8-1cfe-40a3-ae6f-939f76fc411f
  6. Digital game refund request denied

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Digital game refund request denied: I bought a digital game yesterday ABs requested a refund today but was declined as they say I played it so can’t get a refund. That’s bull, right? The site says it has to be less than 30 days ago...
  7. Refund on wrong purchase digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Refund on wrong purchase digital game: I was wondering if I could get a refund on a digital game I got. The wrong one eac5b129-f1a4-4256-86b9-acaa60f92eeb
  8. Digital refund b s

in XBoX on Windows
    Digital refund b s: bought lords of thr fallen 2023 deluxe edition, actually my lil bro did it, when i was on 2 day vaca. I've never played and don't want to. Why won't they return my money I've never returned a game...
  9. How can I get a refund for this (preordered) digital 2k24 25th Anniversary Edition for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I get a refund for this (preordered) digital 2k24 25th Anniversary Edition for...: I purchased the 2k24 Pre-order 25th Anniversary Edition. The only reason I purchased this version was the bonus of the 2x16 level skips per season. After launch I noticed I had not received this...
  10. I need help refunding digital gamepass ultimate coeds that I gifted to someone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help refunding digital gamepass ultimate coeds that I gifted to someone: I need help refunding gamepass ultimate that I gifted to someone digitally 9d23d54c-a3e9-4390-b777-618b8a484db5