Refund denied on a purchase I wasn't aware of

Discus and support Refund denied on a purchase I wasn't aware of in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; A sibling purchased a game on my account without me knowing and they racked up a few achievements and approx an hour gametime. When I tried to refund... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Cro298, May 16, 2024.

1. Cro298
    Cro298 Guest

A sibling purchased a game on my account without me knowing and they racked up a few achievements and approx an hour gametime.

When I tried to refund they denied it and gave no further explanation. How do I take this further? The A.I chatbot is useless.

:)

Cro298, May 16, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Cro298, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

If your refund has been denied, please reply to the email you received informing you of the refund rejection. In your response, explain in detail the reasons why they should reconsider their decision and why you believe they should accept it. This is the only way to appeal the rejection and to get back in touch with the team that originally handled your refund request.

In case you haven't received any email informing you of the refund rejection even after 24 hours, and after checking your spam/junk email folder, then I recommend reapplying for the refund using this alternative link:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

If your refund is denied again this time, you should now receive an email informing you of the denial, as this is the only way they have to communicate this information when the refund is requested through that link. When you receive the email, respond to it as I mentioned before.

Please note that in this public community forum, we are just players like you trying to assist and guide other players. This means we don't have access to other accounts or access to refund information of other users.

I appreciate your understanding and I wish you good luck!

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Scott James1 Win User

Hi,

I recently had a similar issue. I bought Star Wars: Battlefront (remaster), submitted a refund request and got the E-Mail saying it would be actioned. It was not, and the request had been deleted. Upon submitting another request, I was told by the Xbox Support Team that refunds cannot be issued on games that have been 'used or consumed in any way'. This is incorrect.

That was my issue, yours seems similar and I am concerned that there are instances when refunds are not being actioned when they should. This was months ago and it still hasn't been resolved, so I've now joined the ranks as an Ambassador and I'd really encourage people to make this issue known. The more prominent, detailed and numerous the records of these instances, the more thoroughly they should be investigated.

I do not yet know what mat be possible, but I'm going to try to find some way to bring these instances of incorrect refund rejections to the attention of someone who can resolve them. I don't want to see members of a community I love being dine over like that.

Please feel free to get in touch here again and I'll investigate what can be done to notify as many Ambassadors, or the XBOX support team themselves if possible, that this is something that is becoming prolofic and needs resolving.
  4. Blaq Market Win User

Microsoft is refusing to refund an erroneous purchase

I have been denied a refund. The reason stated was that I had already received a refund. Yet it wasn't for this item it was for another item purchased the same day by accident.

I have informed my bank and they are working to handle the dispute. Why is it that Microsoft does not wish to refund me for an accidental purchase?
  5. Tesha_E Win User

Refund on preordered game with less than 1 hour of playtime?

I already requested a refund and it was denied because I preordered it last month, but the release date wasn't until March 7th. So, while I purchased it a month ago, I wasn't allowed to play it until release date.
  6. The_Last_DJ Win User

Refund denied

Unfortunately, there is no way around a denied refund as far as I am aware.
Thema:

1. Refund denied on a purchase I wasn't aware of - Similar Threads - Refund denied purchase

2. Refund denied

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund denied: I wanted to refund things on destint 2 because i had bought stuff and never got anything and if i dont i want all my money back e9f028f5-39ad-4241-bb9d-ed8f39f7995e
  3. microsoft deny refund for item i never received

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft deny refund for item i never received: i bought sea of thieves ancient coins on the wrong platform as i own the game on steam but bought coins on xbox sea of thieves website says xbox will give a refund when requested it is denied...
  4. Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played): My roommate bought a game on our shared system using my account and card on accident. So they say at least. Point is I want a refund but xbox denied it but doesn't say why. I would prefer to talk...
  5. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  6. Denied my refund after only having minutes of play time SMH!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Denied my refund after only having minutes of play time SMH!: Bought a digital game ( hell let loose) after trying it for 40 minutes it is so unplayable i request a refund and it got denied???!!!! ****!!! I never had an issue returning junk on playstation...
  7. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.: I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on...
  8. Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email: I sent out a refund because there was a game I didn't want and it rejected it despite under 14 days and I didn't even get a email even when it said I would 193f28e6-053f-4948-b63e-58110d2634e3
  9. I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I made an accidental purchase and was denied the refund, should I dispute the charge from...: Accidentally bought $44.99 worth of madden points. I was denied the refund, but i need the money back so should i dispute the charge with my bank? d52742e9-4ca4-4f01-8197-e533dfd2f770
  10. I have requested a refund for something I have not purchased on Xbox but they have denied...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have requested a refund for something I have not purchased on Xbox but they have denied...: I haven’t not made a purchase on Xbox but I have had my refund denied is there any way I can get this refund back 82bc78ae-6eec-4d71-b190-1734791053c1