Refund Denied for Pre Order and never downloaded/played game

Discus and support Refund Denied for Pre Order and never downloaded/played game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I pre ordered MW3 and noticed it was the wrong version, xbox. I was intending to buy it for PC. Straight away I requested a refund but was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Liam Tsang, Nov 12, 2023.

1. Liam Tsang
    Liam Tsang Guest

Hello,

I pre ordered MW3 and noticed it was the wrong version, xbox. I was intending to buy it for PC.

Straight away I requested a refund but was denied, even though I just ordered it, its a pre order purchase, I have not downloaded/played it.

Please can you advise on how to get a refund for this purchase?

Also I never received an email to say refund is in progress/denied. I had to look in my order history and check on refund status.

:)

Liam Tsang, Nov 12, 2023
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Liam T. I’m Arturo.

I’m sorry to hear your refund has been denied, however, I’ll be glad to provide some assistance with your concern today.

When a refund is denied, you can appeal the decision by replying to the email Microsoft sent you.

If you’re not able to reply, or you didn’t receive the email, I suggest you submit this refund form.

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

Thanks for your time,

Arturo.

Note: Please refrain from sharing personal information, including an email address or order numbers. As community users, we are not able to enter or check your account information, and everything we comment can be seen by anyone on the internet.
  3. Dakota Colwell Win User

Appeal denied refund request

Can u guys please refund my 5000 vbucks

I have been denied a refund for a digital game.

This game is a pre order, and is not currently released, therefore I have had zero gaming time on the product.

The pre order was purchased more than 14 days ago, however, as stated above, I have not yet had access to the game. It has not been played. It's not fair to punish players for being excited and pre ordering several weeks/ a couple months in advance.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

How do you get a refund anymore?

Hello Given,

Sorry for the issue with the refund. If you were denied you can reply to that email and appeal it. State that it was a pre order and that. Personally have noticed they have been getting a lot tougher on refunds.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. DJ SANDSTORM407 Win User

Who is waiting on X1 to play bf4?

Pre ordered the X1 version at game stop...I downloaded the beta when it came out but never played it lol...
  6. Gimpy_P Win User

Pre orders and cancels. Black desert online

This has nothing to do with Microsoft or Xbox, your only avenue of recourse is with the game publisher.

Microsoft can not force the publisher to give you a refund or unban you. Whichever you're looking for.

I will say I've NEVER heard of "no refunds, ever" on a pre-order that is cancelled befor the project ships, in game purchases, sure. but not on a pre-order.
Thema:

1. Refund Denied for Pre Order and never downloaded/played game - Similar Threads - Refund Denied Pre

2. Refund denied

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund denied: I wanted to refund things on destint 2 because i had bought stuff and never got anything and if i dont i want all my money back e9f028f5-39ad-4241-bb9d-ed8f39f7995e
  3. microsoft deny refund for item i never received

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft deny refund for item i never received: i bought sea of thieves ancient coins on the wrong platform as i own the game on steam but bought coins on xbox sea of thieves website says xbox will give a refund when requested it is denied...
  4. Refund denied on a purchase I wasn't aware of

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund denied on a purchase I wasn't aware of: A sibling purchased a game on my account without me knowing and they racked up a few achievements and approx an hour gametime. When I tried to refund they denied it and gave no further...
  5. Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played)

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I resubmit a refund request? Xbox denied me my refund(within 14 days barely played): My roommate bought a game on our shared system using my account and card on accident. So they say at least. Point is I want a refund but xbox denied it but doesn't say why. I would prefer to talk...
  6. Why am I being denied a refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I being denied a refund?: I have requested 3 times to refund a game that keeps getting denied. On the Xbox refund page it says that the criteria for a refund are that it has been played for less than 2 hours and I have not...
  7. Denied my refund after only having minutes of play time SMH!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Denied my refund after only having minutes of play time SMH!: Bought a digital game ( hell let loose) after trying it for 40 minutes it is so unplayable i request a refund and it got denied???!!!! ****!!! I never had an issue returning junk on playstation...
  8. Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are you denying a refund for BG3 - it's a faulty product.: I lost a day's progress due to the BG3 save bug and have ZERO confidence in playing the game anymore. After it happened I went online and saw that it was a known issue. So I requested a refund on...
  9. Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did my refund get denied it was under 14 days it denied without even sending a email: I sent out a refund because there was a game I didn't want and it rejected it despite under 14 days and I didn't even get a email even when it said I would 193f28e6-053f-4948-b63e-58110d2634e3
  10. Are customers who pre-order a product effectively denied their right to a refund if they...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Are customers who pre-order a product effectively denied their right to a refund if they...: This Question is not already adequately answered. It does not break the Code of Conduct. It is not a duplicate (only one version has ever existed at any given time). Are customers who pre-order...