Refund a game gift Xbox

Discus and support Refund a game gift Xbox in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am absolutely outraged. I bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands for a friend and it turns out he cannot redeem the code since he lives in America and I live... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RossMcDonald5, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Refund a game gift Xbox

I am absolutely outraged.

I bought Ghost Recon: Wildlands for a friend and it turns out he cannot redeem the code since he lives in America and I live in the UK.

I tried to contact Xbox support for a refund but they make it absolutely impossible to get through to someone for this and they have no option to refund a game when this happens.

How can I actually speak to a human being who can help me with this problem?

:)

RossMcDonald5, Mar 3, 2022
  2. Richard Callan Win User

I messed up

It was within 10 minutes of my request. But I bought it as a gift also and it seems they have this policy.

Returns and Refunds. Gifts may be canceled and refunded to the Gift purchaser up to 14 days after the purchase or until redeemed by the Gift recipient, whichever occurs first. Gift recipients are not entitled to a refund or cooling off period, and you acknowledge that no refund will be made, except as required by law.

Now the gift was 'redeemed by the gift recipient' but obviously she cant play it because she doesnt have the base game and now there is no way to request a refund. So that kind o' sucks but hey I did get my refund and she has Xbox One so we can purchase the base game and all will be ok. :)
  3. WPAK Win User

He comprado un juego para descargar, pero creo que lo he comprado para descargar en mi dispositivo y no como regalo, que era la intención, no sé como cambiar el juego para que sea un regalo

Web translation:

I bought a game to download, but I think I bought it to download on my device and not as a gift, which was the intention, I do not know how to change the game to be a gift

Response:

Hi there,

in such case it's best to do a refund for the purchased game for yourself, via these steps

to request a refund please go to this link where you can submit a item for a refund.

https://support.xbox.com/billing/xbox-subscriptions/digital-goods-subscriptions-refund
    If that link doesn't exist then the Refund form isn't available for your region (yet) and you will have to contact official Xbox Support, they are the only ones that
    can determine if a refund is possible or not. To contact Xbox Support use the Phone or Support Chat options at
    http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

When the refund succeeded, you can try to purchase the content again as a gift. See this link for information on gifting:

https://support.xbox.com/games/purchasing/help-for-issues-when-gifting-digital-xbox-game

Side note: Keep in mind that you can only gift something to a person that is in your same region

Let us know the results
  4. Mistress Sara Win User

refunding gifted games

5. Francia J. Win User

How do I access the game if I was not given a code?

You can request a refund by signing in to https://xbox.com/refunds.

I would recommend waiting for the email from the refund team before re-purchasing the game as a gift. When purchasing the game as a gift you will see the "Buy as a gift" option.
  6. Allebas Win User

Can not purchase game

I am unsure if a Xbox Gift is refundable. I know a Microsoft Gift card is refundable if brought from Microsoft and in't use within 14 days. Do your son have a Xbox One? If so, he can use use the gift card for Gold/Gampass subscriptions and other Xbox
    One games.
Thema:

Refund a game gift Xbox

1. Refund a game gift Xbox - Similar Threads - Refund game gift

2. Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played

in XBoX on Windows
    Was unable to get a refund for a gifted game that wasn't even played: Gifted a friend a game not compatible with their Xbox. Tried to get a refund, denied because the game has been "played or consumed" it hasn't due to my friend not even being able to access it...
  3. I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I did a refund for a game and I bought it from a gift card and I haven't gotten the refund...: I bought wwll and found out I already had it on another xbox so I refunded it it was approved but u didn't get the money on my gift card b77d7537-26cb-4b7a-a2f5-42a94be240e4
  4. I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I gifted someone a game but they didnt get it and I cant refund: I gifted jedi survivor to him on the 25th and it's the 28th and he doesnt have it and I cant refund 397e774c-7603-488c-9c94-85da2d17e7b1
  5. I would like to refund a game i gifted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to refund a game i gifted: i gifted my friend red dead redemtion 2 but it doesnt't work for some reason it doesnt't even start and i would like to reguest a refund if it's possible baecf9db-39f3-4152-87c4-955797e024d6
  6. Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't refund gifted unredeemed game brought from xbox windows app: Hello, yesterday i brought Minecraft for a nephew from the XBOX windows app, but when he tried to redeem said is another region, when both live in the same country, so like the code was not...
  7. Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requesting a refund on a game gifted to my friend not knowing the game was exclusive to...: I bought the new Star Wars Jedi Survivor for my friend as a gift and sent him the code, not knowing it was only available for the Series X/S. He only has an Xbox One and when he redeemed the code,...
  8. Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted...: Hi, I bought my son Microsoft Flight Simulator as a gift from the Microsoft Store, and when he redeemed the code on his Xbox it accepted the code but then said it was incompatible. He has an...
  9. When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When you refund a game you purchased with a Xbox gift card, does it give you the balance back?: I’ve refunded Halo MCC which I bought with a gift card, do the funds actually get reinstated? When my refund request was approved the website basically said “we’ll respond when the funds are...
  10. How do I refund my gifted game or cancel and refund my gift?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I refund my gifted game or cancel and refund my gift?: Hello there So I gifted my friend a game, but he could not redeem it due to us being in different regions, So I went to go try refunding it, I went to order history, but it only shows me that I...