Red power light on xbox360

Discus and support Red power light on xbox360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Moved console to a new location. On start up console power lite turns red after 3 seconds. Power adapter lite stays green. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZilchYapper0016, May 3, 2019.

1. Red power light on xbox360

Moved console to a new location. On start up console power lite turns red after 3 seconds. Power adapter lite stays green. Any ideas?

:)

ZilchYapper0016, May 3, 2019
  2. romeoteknik Win User

3. XvSUPERvX Win User

Hello Zilch,

Found this info for the red lights on Xbox 360 issue. If you’re seeing lights flashing red on the power button of your Xbox 360
    console, this solution can help you identify the cause of that warning, based on the number of lights that are flashing. Let us know if it helped.
  4. Jaymo1978 Win User

Hi Zilch! I think my first two thoughts would be:

1. Does the new location have plenty of airflow? (If not, try placing it somewhere that the vents are not restricted and have plenty of open space on all sides.)

2. Are you by any chance plugged into a power strip or surge protector? (If so, plug directly into the wall instead. The 360 PSU has a built-in surge protector, and plugging into anything but the wall can lead to red lights and even permanent device over
    time.)

Some additional info that would help us: can you clarify the nature of the red light? Is it the central power icon or the red ring around the outside? If it's the ring, let us know specifically which of the four quadrants are red because that actually determines
    what type of error it is.

Thanks, and let us know!
  5. DeathFromABunny Win User

Moved console to a new location. On start up console power lite turns red after 3 seconds. Power adapter lite stays green. Any ideas?
    Is it blinking red ? Or solid?
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Are you talking about the power light on the actual 360 or the light on the power brick?

If its the light on the power brick that's either bad power from the power strip or outlet, or its bad ventilation. If its the actual 360, that's a classic case of a/the "Red Ring of Death" if I am not mistaken...which I may be.

Go online and see if Xbox still does servicing for the Xbox 360's...if they do that may be your best bet. I'm notoriously bad for not being able to link webpages...however if you get on the support section of Xbox.com and "google" the red light problem you
    should 100% be able to find what you are looking for straight from Microsoft.

A red light on any console normally dictates a power failure or some sort of internal failure,
    do not tamper with the console yourself. That's an important thing to note for warranties and manufacturer's agreements and such and whatnot.
Thema:

1. Red power light on xbox360 - Similar Threads - Red power light

2. 360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 red. LIGHT. ON POWER BUTTON SO GOT USED 360 & can't connect to live,&6: 360 can't connect live I called. Xb. & My Internet provider ATT. NO HELP. ROUTER CANT CONNECT TO XBOX I TRIED WIRELESS SAME MESSAGE. XBOX TEST FAILURE. WHEN I TEST IT SAYS CONNECTED. THEN. IT...
  3. Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Power Brick Has A Red Light Only When The Xbox Is Off, How To Fix?: My Xbox power brick has a bright red light whenever the Xbox one is turned off, but when I turn it on it has a weak green light, it hasn’t affected me in any way but I want to make sure...
  4. Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is the red light on the Xbox one power block a problem??: My Xbox one power block has a red light when it’s off. Is that an issue?? Everything works normal when it’s on, but that red light reminds me of the red ring of death from the 360, and it only...
  5. Solid red light on brand new power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    Solid red light on brand new power brick: I Just bought a new power brick for my Xbox one, because my other one was fried out from a storm and lighting I know a red light means over heated but this is brand new never been used. How do I...
  6. What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red?: What to do when xbox 360 power brick light turns red? 0d7ed1e9-81b8-4306-8974-60a8793eaeb5
  7. Please help, My power brick light for my XBOX 1 is red.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help, My power brick light for my XBOX 1 is red.: Whenever I press the power on button, It flashes for 0.7 seconds, Then turns dark again. And my power supply brick has a red light. 0933a0ab-98fb-4d08-a06b-e37d55b230c8
  8. How to fix red light on power brick

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to fix red light on power brick: How to fix red light on power brick ebd13b4d-f6f8-42b0-a0a7-df212ea12f89
  9. xbox 360 console power supply light is red and other console power supply is orange

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox 360 console power supply light is red and other console power supply is orange: I have 2 xbox360 consoles one is the regular black square box console and my other one is the Call of Duty edition. I just bought a power supply for both the consoles from amazon because mine had...
  10. XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox 360 S Red Solid Light on Power Button: Hi. Our XBox 360 S does not turn on. Instead of the green solid light after pushing the power button, the green light turns to a solid red light. As it does not turn on apparently, no...