Red Dead Redemption won't start. Need Help

Discus and support Red Dead Redemption won't start. Need Help in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have kinda big problem here. I just redeemed my "Red Dead Redemtion" Code with my Xbox One. Everything worked fine. I installed the game... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SkinnyN0rris, Oct 4, 2017.

1. SkinnyN0rris
    SkinnyN0rris Guest

Hello,

I have kinda big problem here.

I just redeemed my "Red Dead Redemtion" Code with my Xbox One.

Everything worked fine. I installed the game with no errors, but when I try to start,

my xbox is asking me if I own this game. I should insert the Disk or connect to Xbox Life.

Error Code (0x803f8001)

I have no Disc, I just downloaded the game.

I'm definetly connected to xbox life. Everything works finde, exept Red Dead Redemption.

I resetted the xbox one to manufactoring settings, and installed the game again. But it won't work.

Please Help

:)

SkinnyN0rris, Oct 4, 2017
  2. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    Red dead redemption won't start

Try clearing your local cache by holding down the power button on your console for 10 seconds.

Retry afterwards.

CrazY1985, Oct 4, 2017
  3. Red dead redemption won't start

I bought red dead redemption from the Xbox store for 29.99.. after waiting for it to download and install I hit launch and a screen appeared saying "getting your game ready this may take a few minutes."

Before I can even do anything it switches to an error screen saying I need to sign into the account that bought the game or insert the disc?

What do i do? I sure hope I didn't waste $30

SuperiorPuma6, Oct 4, 2017
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode not available to download but is for sale!!

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

Just a friendly reminder though that the Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is just an add-on or DLC addition to Red Dead Redemption 2 which means that it requires the base game, you will be needing to buy the base game that is sold separately.
    It's not the base game that is needed. It is Red Dead Online. When you state that the base game is needed it sounds like people need to buy Red Dead Redemption 2 but that is not the case. Red Dead Redemption 2 contains both the single player story and the online portion. Red Dead Redemption 2 is not the same as Red Dead Online. They have 2 different names. Story Mode is DLC for Red Dead Online. It is not DLC for Red Dead Redemption 2 as you have said.
  5. LarryHorsley Win User

Error code 0x8b050066

trying to download RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2, won't install.
  6. Blue Missed Win User

I'm having the same exact problem with Fuzion Frenzy.
  7. CrazY1985 Win User

Try clearing your local cache by holding down the power button on your console for 10 seconds.

Retry afterwards.
  8. FeistiestBeaver Win User

Prequel or Sequel?

Red Dead Redemption is a sequel to Red Dead Revolver. So, no sequel or prequel is needed.
Thema:

1. Red Dead Redemption won't start. Need Help - Similar Threads - Red Dead Redemption

2. Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x

in XBoX on Windows
    Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x: I'm trying to install Red Dead 2 on my Xbox One x and for some reason it is stuck on 67.7% at 57.54 GB and I know that there isn't a problem with space because before installing it I cleared open...
  3. Red Dead Redemption not starting Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead Redemption not starting Xbox One: Hey, when i start up Red Dead Redemption on my Xbox One i just see the picture of Arthur pointing a gun for a few seconds and then my TV turns black and then it shows No signal and i have To...
  4. Red dead redemption 2 stuck on 58.2%

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption 2 stuck on 58.2%: I recently got an Xbox series x and inserted red dead redemption 2 on disk and it won’t download any further than 58.2% or 61.39gb d53eaaab-02bb-4ef9-ac92-d40812606e96
  5. HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI connection not working every time I load up Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6, but if...: Every time I try to load Red Dead Redemption 2 and Farcry 6 the HDMI connection from my Xbox to the TV stops working and leaves the game running in the background but stops the TV from showing the...
  6. how do i load red dead redemption GOTY edition on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    how do i load red dead redemption GOTY edition on xbox series x: I recently got the red dead redemption 1 game of the year edition. its compatible with xbox 360 and xbox one but when i load it in on the xbox series x it says this game isnt compatible. is there...
  7. Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I play red dead redemption 2 in the cloud when I buy it digitally?: I'm asking this because I use a Chromebook and since it's possible to do so with GTA V, I wonder if it is possible to do with red dead redemption 2 as well. [moved from de-de]...
  8. I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2: I am encountering the message "instillation stopped" when trying to install red dead redemption 2 on my xbox series x I own the game I have tried a hard reset by removing the power cable for at...
  9. Cannot download Red Dead Redemption 2 onto my Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot download Red Dead Redemption 2 onto my Xbox One: Recently got the urge to play RDR2 again, however once I’ve gone to download it, it gets stuck after I put the second disc in, usually at around 60-70%. I’ve tried powercycling the Xbox etc, and...
  10. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...: After adding disk 2 and running the install I seem to get a freeze around 60-70% installation stops and keeps trying to restart however I get the same stop message. I’ve tried to uninstall local...