Red dead redemption 2 installation stopped

Discus and support Red dead redemption 2 installation stopped in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey guys, I purchased red dead redemption 2 digital copy yesterday and have been waiting for it to download but now it keeps coming up with... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HammeredToast68, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Red dead redemption 2 installation stopped

Hey guys, I purchased red dead redemption 2 digital copy yesterday and have been waiting for it to download but now it keeps coming up with "instalation stopped" it downloaded the bonus packs fine but won't download the main game, I have checked my Internet
    and everything is OK on that end

:)

HammeredToast68, Oct 27, 2018
  2. RdR 2??

[quote user="Jameser78"]

I do know 'Redemption' is Red Dead 2, the first one is called Red Dead Revolver.

[/quote]Red Dead Redemption is the spiritual successor to 2004's Red Dead Revolver. To say Red Dead Revolver is part 1 and Red Dead Redemption is part 2, is rhetoric. Otherwise it would have been titled Red Dead Revolver 2

trple X blu dot, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Red Dead Redemption 2 Installation

Hi, is your console power settings set to instant on? If so, then chances are the console automatically downloaded it while it was turned off.

StuartATrueRed, Oct 27, 2018
  4. gds1972
    gds1972 Guest

Hi

Can you please try carrying out a console restart by pressing and holding the power button on the front of the for 10 seconds and once the console starts try completing the installation again. If his does not work you may want to try cancelling the installation
    delete any installed content restart the console again and try to download the game again.

gds1972, Oct 27, 2018
  5. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    I have found that doing the hard reset EXACTLY like this helps with may issues. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug
    the power cord back in and restart the console.

{Parity}, Oct 27, 2018
  6. Hi and thanks for your reply, I did try that but it didn't work I'm thinking it may have seen a problem with my external hard drive that I was using as default storage, I've disconnected that and freed up some space and seems to be working, thank you

HammeredToast68, Nov 2, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: