Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN

Discus and support Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought Red Dead 2 for my xbox one from the microsoft store. When downloading the game, the installation stops at the same place everytime 15.15gb or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AllDaWayDave556, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN

I bought Red Dead 2 for my xbox one from the microsoft store. When downloading the game, the installation stops at the same place everytime 15.15gb or 17.7% complete. I have taken many steps to correct this such as....

-hard resetting my xbox

-hard reset and leave off power for hours

-factory reset my settings

-factory rest my xbox (deleted EVERYTHING)

-plugged my xbox into the router with a ethernet cable

I have no idea what to do or how to fix it. I dont know how to get in touch with xbox support. Included is pictures of the errors.
    Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN [​IMG]

Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN [​IMG]

:)

AllDaWayDave556, Oct 22, 2018
  2. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Installation

No I'd leave it as is. That sounds like it's the full game; I've heard it said it'll be over 100GB, but that could be after future expansions/DLC are released.

RandyAU93, Oct 22, 2018
  3. RandyAU93
    RandyAU93 Guest
    Red Dead Redemption 2 Installation

A couple of things ...

First, uninstalling it from your console will not remove it from your account. You'll still own it, and can reinstall it at any time.

Second, to see just how much is installed, highlight RDR2 in My Games & Apps and press the Menu button (the "hamburger" button) on your controller. On the menu that appears, select "Manage game", and it will show you how big the game is. If it's only about
    110MB, it's not installed yet.

But as the other Ambassador correctly pointed out, if your console is in instant-on mode and is set to keep games updated, you'll preload the game automatically.

RandyAU93, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Ackis
    Ackis Guest

Do you have another game that you can install that's bigger than 16 GB? Try that to see if it works.

Ackis, Oct 22, 2018
  5. All other installs and downloads run perfectly fine.

6. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey Dave!

Sorry to hear about the installation. We're gonna try to get you into the Wild West at launch! If you haven't already, please run a connection test and follow the corresponding troubleshooting on our

Connection Solution.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Network.
    5. Select Network settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.
    6. On the right side of the Network settings screen, select
      Test network connection

If you still to setup a call with Xbox Support, visit
    Contact US

1. Select "Xbox One"

2. Select "No Thanks"

3. Select "Games"

You will then be given the option to setup a call with a representative.

XBF Lance J, Oct 22, 2018
  7. Network check says connection is good. Could you give me an email address to contact?

8. Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with your recent purchase for
    Red dead Redemption 2. I suggest to try a different hard drive. Try this article:
    External Storage on Xbox One.

If the problem persists, please
    contact Customer Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.

XBF Crystal P, Oct 22, 2018
  9. I have over 500gb left on my hard drive. Would an external really help?

10. What is the customer support number?

11. XBF Leslie D
    XBF Leslie D Guest
    Hi there,

If you have tried all the steps as suggested as well as the one on this trouble shooting page:

Troubleshoot Slow Game or App Downloads | Xbox One
    And all fails you will need to contact Xbox Support
    as provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

It's going to ask if you want help from the virtual agent select
    no thanks,pick the category(Games)and just pick a contact method
    (request a call from support or Chat is faster).

XBF Leslie D, Nov 3, 2018
  12. AllDaWayDave556 Win User

I have over 500gb left on my hard drive. Would an external really help?
  13. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you may be experiencing with your recent purchase for
    Red dead Redemption 2. I suggest to try a different hard drive. Try this article:
    External Storage on Xbox One.

If the problem persists, please
    contact Customer Support for further assistance.

Hope this helps.
  14. AllDaWayDave556 Win User

All other installs and downloads run perfectly fine.
  15. XBF Leslie D Win User

Hi there,

If you have tried all the steps as suggested as well as the one on this trouble shooting page:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...eshoot-slow-game-or-app-downloads-on-xbox-one
    And all fails you will need to contact Xbox Support
    as provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

It's going to ask if you want help from the virtual agent select
    no thanks,pick the category(Games)and just pick a contact method
    (request a call from support or Chat is faster).
  16. Ackis Win User

Do you have another game that you can install that's bigger than 16 GB? Try that to see if it works.
Thema:

1. Red Dead 2 Installation Cancels on its OWN - Similar Threads - Red Dead Installation

2. Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x

in XBoX on Windows
    Red Dead redemption 2 won't finish installing on my Xbox One x: I'm trying to install Red Dead 2 on my Xbox One x and for some reason it is stuck on 67.7% at 57.54 GB and I know that there isn't a problem with space because before installing it I cleared open...
  3. Installed Special Edition of Red Dead 2 but none of the stuff you get in online is showing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installed Special Edition of Red Dead 2 but none of the stuff you get in online is showing...: So me and my boyfriend game share and he has the special edition, where I don’t but I was able to download the special edition add on. It downloaded, and it shows I have it downloaded and it’s...
  4. I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help installing Red Dead Redemption 2: I am encountering the message "instillation stopped" when trying to install red dead redemption 2 on my xbox series x I own the game I have tried a hard reset by removing the power cable for at...
  5. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 from a disk but install keeps stopping and won’t...: After adding disk 2 and running the install I seem to get a freeze around 60-70% installation stops and keeps trying to restart however I get the same stop message. I’ve tried to uninstall local...
  6. Red Dead Redemption 2 not installing past 19%

in XBoX on Consoles
    Red Dead Redemption 2 not installing past 19%: The game installs fine up until 19.17GB and then it keeps stopping. I’ve tried a reset, clearing the cache, uninstalling and starting over, and it always stops at the same part. Internet is hard...
  7. Red dead redemption 2 ultimate edition won’t let me install the actual game, just the add ons

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red dead redemption 2 ultimate edition won’t let me install the actual game, just the add ons: I just bought the red dead redemption 2 ultimate edition and it won’t let me install the actual game, just the add ons. I tried clearing local save, and that didn’t work. I am on the Xbox one S. I...
  8. Red Dead 2 Disk won’t install.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Red Dead 2 Disk won’t install.: My Red dead redemption 2 won't install. The disc itself has not even a hint of a scratch or any damage at all. I've tried going off line to install it and I cleared my local saved games but...
  9. Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 but my installation keeps stopping and wont complete

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 but my installation keeps stopping and wont complete: Im trying to install red dead redemption 2 but my installation keeps stopping and wont complete a616431f-d300-4453-adbc-3fb85b3b5485
  10. My red dead redemption 2 won't install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My red dead redemption 2 won't install: My data disc works but not my play disc bought a new disc and even a new Xbox still doesn't work plz help 6bc4b2db-bad3-44f3-9941-3cc19033c514