Recovery Email linked to unknown account?

Discus and support Recovery Email linked to unknown account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Sorry if this comes off as long. I received an email that my Xbox live will be renewed soon through my recovery email (which used to be the primary for... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by bruninupinside, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Recovery Email linked to unknown account?

Sorry if this comes off as long. I received an email that my Xbox live will be renewed soon through my recovery email (which used to be the primary for that account). I went to sign in to see if I could change that (I didn’t click a link from the email, went to Xbox.com to sign in). I tried to sign in with the recovery email and it said this email isn’t an account but I linked to accounts/usernames. It listed 4. The first 2 letters to my primary email, the last 2 digits of my phone number, the first 2 of my Xbox gamertag. It also had the first 2 letters of an email address that I don’t recognize, and isn’t similar to any email I’ve had, or someone I know has. I’m wondering if there is a way to find out what email address that is, or to remove that email from that account?

:)

bruninupinside, Jul 18, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Unfortunately it is not possible for someone to tell you the email address associated with an account, the only ways to find an email address are listed in this link

https://support.xbox.com/help/account-profile/m...

It is also not possible to replace the email or delete it, this can only be done if you have access to the account.

Best regards.
  3. DroolSX Win User

Email was changed without notice

Hey, I’ve had a similar problem with my Xbox. When I tried logging in one day an unknown email was present on the account that I’ve used for years. I’ve submitted an account recovery form to try and get this unknown email off of my account, but I haven’t gotten a response from the Microsoft team in 5 days. I’m wondering if it is even possible to remove someone else’s email from your account or is there nothing I can do?
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Locked out due to not knowing old email password

Are you trying to login to the email account or to the Microsoft account its linked to?

For the email account, you'd have to go through whatever website that email is provided through for the password recovery and backup. Without knowing the email url, we can't provide you the link but if you just search 'email-website password recovery' on
    Google or Bing you should find it easily.

Check this out for your Microsoft Account password recovery: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/microsoft-account-reset-or-recover-password
  5. Nkosana23 Win User

Can i get alternative emails from my main account fully uncensored?

Hi. My name is Brilliant, an independent advisor, happy to assist you today.

I suggest you try recover those linked accounts, so that you may be prompted to send a recovery link to the linked back up account. You can then access the possible back up emails, then you'll know which email is linked to which email for recovery purposes.

I hope this helps.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Can't Verify Emial

You will have to go thru the recovery process at this link Answers

Non Hotmail accounts are still ms accounts the recovery email is what you set it to
Thema:

1. Recovery Email linked to unknown account? - Similar Threads - Recovery Email linked

2. Email Recovery for Minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email Recovery for Minecraft: I HAVE my Minecraft User Name but NOT the email address used to set it up. All the ones I thought it could be do not work. Can I recover the email address using just the Minecraft User Name?...
  3. Changing recovery email after attack

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing recovery email after attack: Hello, someone robbed my microsoft account. I spent a many hours to logged in again and change my password, but I can't change recovery email, because system wants to check my identity over this...
  4. I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t access the email that I use for my Xbox account and the online recovery form hasn’t...: I have been unable to recover my Outlook account that I use for my Xbox profile using the online recovery option. I have filled out the form that it gives me many times with all of the information...
  5. I sent a recovery form to my email 2 days ago and I haven’t had a email back

in XBoX Accessibility
    I sent a recovery form to my email 2 days ago and I haven’t had a email back: I didn’t get my recovery form to my email 330f394a-205c-43fa-91a8-0bbf81a7038c
  6. Account Recovery with access to original email account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Recovery with access to original email account: I have accesses to my email account associated with my Microsoft account but it has been hacked into and a 2nd email that I didn't add was set a recovery email I cant log into my Microsoft account...
  7. I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have two Microsoft accounts with the same email. Password recovery resets wrong account.: When I try to recover the password, it resets the password of the wrong account, what can I do? I have the usernames of both accounts if that helps. 21bf2768-f6c9-4a7d-bd6c-4244a56ff670
  8. Recovery email security code not working.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovery email security code not working.: Someone requested a security information change on my account that was not me. When I press the button that says "let us know if this wasn't you" it brings me to a screen where I have to enter...
  9. How can I recovery my Microsoft account that has been hacked and that has its email and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recovery my Microsoft account that has been hacked and that has its email and...: Hello. My account was hacked and I cannot get back into it. I have a separate SSD with all the data still intact but I am not sure if I can still access the Microsoft account stored in it. I have...
  10. the google email that's linked to my microsoft account for recovery purpose got stolen by...

in XBoX Accessibility
    the google email that's linked to my microsoft account for recovery purpose got stolen by...: my google email that's linked to my microsoft account for recovery purpose got stolen by someone i don't know who he is and i need to remove that email in order from my microsoft account to...