Recover things from a long wiped 360

Discus and support Recover things from a long wiped 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by I don't whjs, Apr 24, 2024.

1. I don't whjs
    I don't whjs Guest

I have an odd situation. In mid 2015 my whole XBox 360 wiped itself and I don't know why. It had also done this once before, I'd estimate around mid 2014. I did lose stuff I cared about, but I was young and just put it in the rear view mirror. Im older and nostalgic now, and I figure there might be some off chance of getting it back. I noticed that despite my XBox being wiped in 2015, there is a minecraft tutorial world from 2013 on it. In storage, it is dated as 2017, but it couldnt have been created then. I know I'm grasping at straws here, but is there some chance my old stuff could've survived on my XBox? Could I somehow recover it after this long?

:)

I don't whjs, Apr 24, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi I D, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

If anything is recoverable from the old console storage, it is what you can find in it right now, there's no application to recover deleted/lost files.

You do have the cloud servers, where your save data might still be stored in.

When did you last successfully sign in to your Microsoft account?

If you have not logged into your account for more than two years and it has been closed due to inactivity.
  3. VernierSlake Win User

Future of Gamertags post-360

Ye olde Xbox games didn't have achievements so none were wiped. When the 360 came out everyone who had a GT from ye olde Xbox just had to recover their GTs from XBL on to the new console. Essentially as long as Live exists you'll be able to keep your GT
    for as long as you like as long as you aren't permabanned.
  4. davemcfly85 Win User

Hard Drive Recovery?

first don't bump a thread from a year ago, second they already have the cloud which is plenty big enough for game saves as that is the ONLY thing you cannot recover if you wipe a hard drive.
  5. Mister Gwyther Win User

profiles and games gone

Is it just your content, or was all the content wiped from the HDD? Have you tried recovering your profile?
  6. Azrael008uk Win User

Removing a card from my account.

When you wiped your 360 you wiped your payment details from it.

Card details associated to your account are now associated with your Gamertag.

Log in to XBox LIVE (say you recovered your profile on a friend's machine) and you'd have those card details associated with your account.

If you want to be sure they are removed completely from the information MS hold on you then get in contact with Support on the Support tab at the top of these boards.
Thema:

1. Recover things from a long wiped 360 - Similar Threads - Recover things long

2. A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...

in XBoX Accessibility
    A freind of mines have been trying to recover her password to her game account but with no...: She tried the password recovery and anwered all the questions, but they keep telling her that unfortunately they cannot help, is there another way that she can access her account?...
  3. How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?

in XboX Insiders
    How to get my save file from xbox game pass and recover it?: Im not sure if i should post it here or another subreddit but i found a post with a similar question so. I bought the xbox game pass on my pc and played it, specifically Persona 5 Royal is one of...
  4. I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was wondering, is there any way to recover it? And if not, is Microsoft able to give me...: So recently, I decided to factory reset my computer due to hardware issues. When I reinstalled Minecraft, I realized that the world that I had spent more than a hundred hours on had went away too....
  5. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  6. How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I recover all my games back on my hard drive after formatting it by accident?: Hi I tried moving all my games installation point over to my external hard drive but instead formatted it and lost all my games and I don’t know if there’s a way I can get them back and if it is...
  7. Recover my Library

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recover my Library: I just replaced my Xbox one with a new Xbox X series. I set up the new system but none of my previous games or digital purchases are in my library. How would I recover them?...
  8. How do I recover about 100 lost games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I recover about 100 lost games?: Randomly a little while ago about 100 games randomly just disappeared despite the having the same amount of storage used as if they were there. I've tried a keep games and apps reset and a power...
  9. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  10. Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Possible to swap internal HDD to recover data?: So, I have a friend who's Xbox One HDMI port no longer works, he's upgraded to a Series X, but was not able to retrieve his account data off the old xbox. (Cannot remember password or email...