Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360

Discus and support Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I had an xbox 360 6 years ago and I had multiple users on it. Now with Halo coming to pc I heard that the game might force you to use your xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Drake_214, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Drake_214
    Drake_214 Guest

Hello, I had an xbox 360 6 years ago and I had multiple users on it. Now with Halo coming to pc I heard that the game might force you to use your xbox live gamertag, which I do not want to use. I want to recover the name from one of the other profiles I
    had on that xbox.

I can see on https://www.xboxgamertag.com/search that the last activity on that account was me playing halo 6 years ago, but it is not letting me change name to that name
    even tho it was last used 6 years ago.

It was an account I made for when my siblings would play on it, but now I can't seem to find anything about it and the name is still not free?

I don't believe it ever got an email attached to it or anything, since it was just a spare user on that xbox.

Does any of this even matter now that you have numbers at the end of your name now?

I just really want this name back

:)

Drake_214, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Bellthazarr Win User

I'm sorry I do not have any information in regards to your post, but some advice instead. Many many years ago back when I was a young gamer, I decided to to create a character name that I would use for all things gaming. It's been almost 20 years now
    and not once has my name been used for any game I've started playing, making it so much easier during character or account creation. Sure, at first I wasn't entirely satisfied with my name choice, but now I wouldn't change it even if you paid me to! Find
    a name you can connect with, and slightly alter it in a way that makes it unique enough to not be commonly reproduced. Hope this helped ~
  3. XBF Eladio M Win User

Hey Drake

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what worked for you.

As it appears you have arrived at a favorable solution, we will now be locking this thread.

If you have any other questions or concerns that differ from this matter, please, feel free to create a new thread and we will cater to you there.

Thank you for being part of the Xbox Family and we wish you a wonderful day!
  4. Drake_214 Win User

I wrote Microsoft support and they were able to identify the other accounts that were on my old xbox and it turns out there were 2 other accounts, which were made using both my parents emails, and one of them had the name I wanted back.

So now I will just login to those account with the help of my parents and delete the accounts to free up the gamertags!
  5. Smwutches Win User

If you never attached an email to the account then it would have been an offline account and the tag would be free on the servers unless someone else thought of it and used it on their own account. You can change your gamertag to that tag, but you would
    receive the suffix if someone else is using the name.
  6. Drake_214 Win User

I got the gamertag now yay
Thema:

1. Recover 6 year old account name from Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Recover old account

2. Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9)

in XboX Insiders
    Help with recovering old Xbox 1 account (WetJet9): I need help recovering a lost account because I putted all my fallout 3 dlcs in that account and the dlc cd wont budge on my new account any help will do! submitted by /u/Ok-Sweet-6357 [link]...
  3. How can I recover an old and unused account? URGENT

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover an old and unused account? URGENT: I have an outlook account just like this email but I forgot all login information. Please dont tell me that there is no way of recovering it. I see I still have my old number linked to the...
  4. How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can i recover old account info? I am being charged and don't even use that old account!...: how do i recover an old account if i don't have info? I am still being charged every month and don't even use 2f03c363-473f-46fd-b85f-ed853c94ddc5
  5. need help recovering an old account

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help recovering an old account: so I had a old xbox account that was attached to my moms work email and microsoft has stopped accepting work emails for account and when I try to sign into it it says the account doesn’t exist so...
  6. i cannot Recover my Old account and now that other platform such as Bungie PS5, i want to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i cannot Recover my Old account and now that other platform such as Bungie PS5, i want to...: ive tried all emails that i ahve to try log and also by resetting my password through every email possible.. all i need to do is know whats my email attached to this username "MakKauHijauN". i beg...
  7. Can I recover an old account by proving my identity

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I recover an old account by proving my identity: A long time ago I made an account with a made up email, and I spent many hours playing on that one, and one day I deleted my account by mistake. I have since forgotten the password as well as the...
  8. Recovering an old account I don't have all of the info for

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering an old account I don't have all of the info for: I used my mothers xbox live account since I was a child and didn't really think about asking for the account info before she died and haven't been able to get back in for a few years and was...
  9. How do I recover my old Xbox account after I reset my xbox one

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my old Xbox account after I reset my xbox one: Hi, I noticed my xbox disc games weren't loading up so I went to factory reset and chose the option to reset and keep my games and apps.and as I was going on with the process of resetting my xbox...
  10. How can I recover an old hotmail account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover an old hotmail account: Hey, I made a hotmail account over a decade ago that is connected to my EA account. This email is locked because I forgot the password and did not have access to the old phone number attached to...