Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

Discus and support Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Did You Get Sniped, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

I was trying to record my gameplay on a steam game with my Blue Yeti, but found after I recorded there was an audio delay. I tried just about everything, from updating my canary insider to the newest version to messing with the registry. Nothing seems to fix this delay. I have checked the update logs and don't see anything about X Box game bar audio at all. Please help, thanks.

:)

Did You Get Sniped, Jun 13, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

After further consultation and research, we recommend that you speak with our live support. Due to the complexity of the issue, it’s best to work with them as they have the necessary tools to further diagnose the issue and provide you with a timely resolution.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team.

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the list.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you encounter same issue and have an error message please let us know so we can forward your findings to the Internal Support Team.
  3. Did You Get Sniped Win User

Yes, the problem is still happening.
  4. CarTzy Win User

Hello Did You Get Sniped,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are having issues recording with Xbox Game bar, let me see how I can assist you with this concern.

There are a few possible causes and solutions for this problem. Here are some steps you can try:

- Make sure your Windows 10 and Xbox Game Bar are up to date. You can check for updates in the Settings app or the Microsoft Store app.

- Try repairing and restoring the Gaming Services app and the Xbox Game Bar app. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features, then finding the apps, clicking on them, and selecting Advanced options. Then click Repair and Restore for each app.

- Try adjusting the audio settings in the Xbox Game Bar. You can do this by opening the Xbox Game Bar, clicking on the Settings icon, then going to Audio. You can change the audio quality, bitrate, and sample rate of your recordings.

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
  6. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
Thema:

1. Recording with X Box Game Bar screen capture and Microphone results in audio delay - Similar Threads - Recording Box Game

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox is no longer recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox is no longer recording: Since April update and the last est update in Mei Xbox is no longer recoding 11539104-42d6-4dcd-ab4d-b4c486fff342
  6. why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?: I recorded few clips of genshin impact using xbox game bar on my pc. after i checked those clips, they only have music and other sound, but not the character dialogue sounds, its same for all...
  7. X Box clip recorder will not record audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X Box clip recorder will not record audio: The X Box game clip recorder records video fine but no audio. Any ideas? Thanks ecc88ba5-de11-4136-a663-53f411299219
  8. my x box game bar isn't recording the audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my x box game bar isn't recording the audio: having trouble getting the x box game bar to record audio during the actual recordings. 9db7dc96-4f8a-4930-b6a7-10def286fb78
  9. X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice

in XBoX Games and Apps
    X-BOX game bar doesnt record my voice: Hi, I like to use xbox game bars option to record last 30 seconds of my screen and audio, but my michrophone audio never gets recorded. If I try to record using alt+r then if I press on...
  10. Epson 3010e: Record live TV on X Box 1S?

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Epson 3010e: Record live TV on X Box 1S?: Epson (Televisions) 3010e: Record live TV on X Box 1S? Sorry, but no, there are no current plans or options to record TV on your console. It was planned previously but has since been canceled:...