Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...

Discus and support Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This is preventing me from capturing necessary footage & I beg you guys to work on this as soon as possible. When Recording with a USB or sometimes... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HamIsGood800, May 4, 2024.

1. HamIsGood800
    HamIsGood800 Guest

Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures...

This is preventing me from capturing necessary footage & I beg you guys to work on this as soon as possible.

When Recording with a USB or sometimes even normal recording, if you press stop button then the recording stops but there's nothing to see in 'recent captures' not even any notification shows up that the recording was captured...

This also applies to the 'capture what recently happened' options, nothing happens after you press it, no 'recording started' or 'recording captured' or anything like that.

This issue happens on ALL games.

I've done a hard reset (hold power button, unplug etc),

I've done changing capture location/capture settings then doing a hard reset and changing them back (troubleshoot) This helped for a bit then the problem came back.

My USB is formatted correctly and is 3.0.

My Wi-Fi is good

My Xbox is up to date.

There were similar threads made recently (After the April 12 update) that have this issue. Me and many others suspect that it has something to do with that update but whatever happened WE NEED TO FIX THIS.

Thanks,

Jaedan.

:)

HamIsGood800, May 4, 2024
  2. Amin Dahir Win User

Xbox please help me. My console is refusing to record 4k or HDR the only options I have is 1080p sdr and 720p sdr this doesn't work external dive or not can this bug be fixed or comment a solution

I have a 350mbs 128 GB USB drive i have an XBOX SERIES S it doesn't record like next gen
  3. Georges C. Win User

Why is gameplay recording so poor on XBOX

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hellp Heeeydevon, as you are on Xbox S Series unfortunately it and limited by the size of the SSD, however you can buy an external disk and use it only for media captures, it does not need to be an SSD, just be an external HD USB 3.0 and put it configured for your captures and you will get more recording time according to the size of the HD.
  4. xBurn0ne Win User

I cannot record what happened on roblox on my Xbox Series X

Had this issue last night(series s), tried the mentioned solutions with no luck. What DID work for me was turning down my capture quality from 1080p to 720p. Video output is 1080 sdr, but for some reason roblox doesn't like when I try to record in 1080 lol hope this helps anyone having this issue
  5. Onion Sausages Win User

Game captures

Are you referring to the limit on the Series X/S?

In the Settings menu on your console, select Preferences, and find and select Capture & Share. This allows you to change the recording length, resolution, capture location etc. Changing these allow you to get up to 3 mins of recording.
  6. SierraQueen16 Win User

game bar does not recording audio correctly while recording both desktop and microphone sound

hello,

i used x-box 'record this' option for a few times and had a problem that it didn't record both desktop sound and my microphone properly. it can records desktop sound like my game sound properly until i start my mic recording, then it records propperly what
    i say but my game sound get corrupt in the recording. when i play the video, i can hear what i was saying clearly but the game audio was not clear and corrupted.
    increase audio up a tad than try recording for about 4-5 mins to see how it turns out. if your not sure where to go. Press Settings-Gaming-Captures
Thema:

1. Recording With USB On Xbox Series S Doesn't Work Properly, Corruption, No Recent Captures... - Similar Threads - Recording USB Series

2. Xbox Series s USB 3.0 1 hour recordings are broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series s USB 3.0 1 hour recordings are broken: Sometimes the recording stops for no reason, other times when you stop the recording nothing happens, no notification that the recording has ended and when you check your captures on both Xbox and...
  3. Xbox Series S screen recording isn’t working properly with USB-drive

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S screen recording isn’t working properly with USB-drive: Hi, after Xbox update in April Xbox series S stopped recording screen correctly when using usb drives. Now sometimes it saves corrupted file that i cannot open, but sometimes it doesn't even start...
  4. Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to fix this recording clip error on my usb thumb drive?: I was playing and recording clips for dark souls 3 bosses on a Sandusky 128gb 3.0 usb for the past two days. It was going fine until I got to a certain boss and went to record a clip. I pressed...
  5. Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Recordings/Clips Weird/Laggy/Corrupted When Playing Back from USB: Hi, everyone out there. I had recently done a bunch of screen recordings on my Xbox Series X, at FHD 1080p, 60fps. When these videos, saved onto the USB Drive (formatted correctly) are played...
  6. Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Record On 1080 60fps From XBOX Series X With an USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD: I Want To Know Can I capture a 60 Min 1080 60fps video on XBOX Series X With USB 3.1 Gen 2 External SSD. f00c906d-d721-405d-a73e-e6a97d58e790
  7. GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB

in XBoX on Consoles
    GAME DVR doesnt record audio - game dvr problems with record in USB: i realized every time xbox or game crash game dvr crash too until you restart your console, i dont know if its problem of the games, of the xbox or game dvr but they can't work simultaneously and...
  8. Why doesn't Microsoft add the ability to record audio on a USB 3.0?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why doesn't Microsoft add the ability to record audio on a USB 3.0?: I'm just wondering why Micorsoft hasn't added the option to record your audio while having a USB 3.0 plugged in? The fact that PS4 has a similiar option, and with party chat as well is just...
  9. problem to record with Usb 3.0

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem to record with Usb 3.0: Hi guys, I am having a problem with recording xbox one. I record gameplays with a Pendrive 3.0 for up to an hour. But recently the recording is nowhere near that. The recording is stopping in...
  10. my 3.0 usb 32 gb not working to record captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    my 3.0 usb 32 gb not working to record captures: this is the third time buying a USB for my Xbox and this time i bought a Toshiba 32 GB 3.0 USB . I formatted it perfectly yet it still records up tto 2 mins . I've tried everything and by now I'm...