"Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

Discus and support "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Navielle, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Navielle
    Navielle Guest

"Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it?

Every time I take 30 second clips with the "record what happened" option in the Xbox Game Bar, the microphone doesn't work and doesn't take it, causing the clip to not have my voice. When I record normally, it does take the microphone, I have tried to solve the problem several times, I have repaired and reset the game bar app, I even uninstalled and installed the program, but nothing works. How can I solve it? I have a windows 11.

:)

Navielle, Dec 27, 2023
  2. MarvinaPerez Win User

Hi, my name is Marvina and I will be happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have this problem, researching on the internet I was able to find that in the forum, the independent advisor Gerardo, recommends the following steps for a solution.

Verify that through the Windows settings regarding the Game Bar you have activated the option that says "Enable microphone by default when recording" as follows:

1. Press the Windows + I keys on your keyboard to open Windows Settings.

2. Click Games.

3. Select "Captures" in the left bar.

4. Activate the option that says "Enable microphone by default when recording."

Information source (credits):
    https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/bddd7c99-89b4-4012-8d79-96a7ee33a6f3

Best regards,
    Marvina.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
  4. XBF - Drew Win User

Xbox game bar won't pick up microphone during recordings

Hi digerus,

Hope you're doing well despite your technology issues. You mentioned your microphone feed is not being picked up when recording with the Xbox Game Bar.

If you open up the Game Bar and select the Voice tab on the Audio section, does it show the microphone as the default communications input?

If you go to settings > privacy & security > Microphone is the toggle shut off for game bar? This would prevent microphone from working.

Here's the official support.xbox.com article related to troubleshooting Microphones and headsets, including how to update and reset your headset. Hope this helps.

Let us know if any of this solved your problem by selecting "Yes" below.

XBF Drew
  5. Cheetahgamer247 Win User

what is this option in game bar recording?

You can open Game bar and click record. That allows you to record for how ever long you need. Yes it will be one file but it slows the game down and displays a recording icon. you can also record the last 10 minutes without the slow down and icon that
    is what Recording in the background is.
  6. H3PA80R Win User

what is this option in game bar recording?

Glad to hear it helped you out. Good luck with creating your video.
Thema:

1. "Record what happened" in the game bar option does not take the microphone, how to solve it? - Similar Threads - Record happened game

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game bar audio does not record my voice: I have an issue with my XBOX GAME BAR. When i record videos, my audio or (depends on the setting on xbox's own audio section) my friends' audio does not record. When I say "Game" it does not...
  4. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  5. Xbox is no longer recording

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox is no longer recording: Since April update and the last est update in Mei Xbox is no longer recoding 11539104-42d6-4dcd-ab4d-b4c486fff342
  6. why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    why are dialogue sounds not getting recorded, but other sounds are?: I recorded few clips of genshin impact using xbox game bar on my pc. after i checked those clips, they only have music and other sound, but not the character dialogue sounds, its same for all...
  7. XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times

in XBoX on Windows
    XBOX game bar record issues, how to fix windows + alt + r not working at times: Lately my xbox game bar screen record hasnt been working good. I usually do window + alt + r to record the last minutes of game clips but lately it hasnt been doing it as consistently. The most i...
  8. Is there a way to capture party audio (including yourself) in screen record?

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a way to capture party audio (including yourself) in screen record?: I feel like it's a stupid question but I'm going to ask it anyway submitted by /u/The_swat_boi556 [link] [comments]
  9. why xbox still not letting us record vc like any other platform

in XboX Insiders
    why xbox still not letting us record vc like any other platform: i still think this is dumb. everytime im trying a new game with my friends and recording something for memories its quite… like seriously why….. submitted by /u/Friendly-Shine-2101 [link]...
  10. Queued for upload wont upload any 4.min recordings

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Queued for upload wont upload any 4.min recordings: it wont let me upload a simple recording clip for 4 min but when i do it says Queued for upload on my xbox series x i dont understand cos it worked fine some days ago and i never had that issue....