Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005

Discus and support Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The chat agent I spoke to (Jedai) suggested that I post this in here (as they didn't have the ability to action this based on the level of support they... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by kickcitrussoda, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005

The chat agent I spoke to (Jedai) suggested that I post this in here (as they didn't have the ability to action this based on the level of support they provide).

I had Xbox Live back in 2005 and would really like to reclaim that gamertag before I pick up my Xbox One tomorrow.

I skipped the 360 generation but did make a Live account to play a few PC games a few years ago. At the time I created the account my old gamertag was unavailable (so I had to use a lesser variation of it), but now it appears to be. Is there any possibility
    to waive the gamertag change fee so I can get back into things with my 9 year old gamertag now that it's available again?

It's impractical to close my account to reclaim my old username (despite not having a 360, I did purchase some games for windows).

Thanks in advance for any support you can provide.

:)

kickcitrussoda, Jun 17, 2014
  2. Bob On This
    Bob On This Guest
    Reclaiming Old Xbox account

I have an original xbox live account from the original xbox that I'm unable to access. I know all of the information on the account except for the last 4 of the credit card I used. So I've had this 8 year old xbox live account that I got in the beta with
    the "I've got great hands shirt" and all, and I have never been able to reclaim the gamertag. I recently saw something from major nelson about reclaiming old gamertags that people have never owned for a fee. I cant get that to work and I still cant reclaim
    it through the normal process. Is there anyway this account can be reclaimed?

Bob On This, Jun 17, 2014
  3. I want my gamertag back

Hi,

I don't have an Xbox anymore, so my windows live ID has expired from non-use.

I want to reclaim my gamertag (dlorey), so I can use it on my PC, but I can't find any way to get this back??

Creating a new WLID just creates a new gamertag, and I can't rename my current gamertag to match the old account, as it's still "in use".

Ideas? (I'm in the UK).

dup5cc963c4-9d86-4fd7-9e8d-f9bf7542a04a, Jun 17, 2014
  4. Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005

Alright the Xbox One is all hooked up and ready to go regardless of the outcome of this question.

Also it was 2002 not 2005 for my original account/gamertag (whoops, can't edit though).

Thanks again if you're able to reply.

kickcitrussoda, Jun 18, 2014
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Sorry but if the gamertag is available then you will have to pay to change your existing one to the tag you want,you will not get it changed for free.

Daft Badger, Jun 18, 2014
  6. Veroku Chan
    Veroku Chan Guest
    I can't say for certain, but I do believe in the golden old days of xbox live for the original xbox. If you let your xbox live gold subscription lapse, your account was lost. Now if you do, you just become a xbox live silver member. If your old gamertag
    still does exist, you should be able to find it in a search either on the xbox, or here on the site.

If a profile does come up, and it is indeed yours(and not someone else who took up the name after your subscription lapsed) you may be able to recover it if you can remember the original email and password used when creating that account. Otherwise you may
    be out of luck.

Veroku Chan, Jun 19, 2014
  7. The gamertag does appear to be available now, but sadly it wasn't at the time I signed up for Games for Windows Live. If the records are still around from that far back I'm sure I have the account details they'd need (though I think the Pass Codes back
    then where a series of 4 button presses if I'm not mistaken). The chat agent didn't have the access needed to do anything and suggested I post the query here. I'm not looking to game the system and go tag change crazy, just recover my ancient one and hold
    on to it now that I actually have a (supported) console again.

kickcitrussoda, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005