Reclaim Gamertag but... email does not exist?

Discus and support Reclaim Gamertag but... email does not exist? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi Friends, This may take a while please allow me to explain. 2 years ago I decided to take a brake from gaming and focus on my job/career. At the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sam Leaf, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Sam Leaf
    Sam Leaf Guest

Hi Friends,

This may take a while please allow me to explain. 2 years ago I decided to take a brake from gaming and focus on my job/career.

At the time I used to have an Xbox 360, formatted the system, sold it and closed the hotmail account not realizing it was associated with my Xbox Gamertag.

Obviously the 60 day "grace period" has gone by a long time ago. Now I'm considering gaming again and want to continue with the Gamertag I originally had with all its achievements, gamerscore etc. Unfortunately it seems I will never be able to reclaim this
    Gamertag since the email address associated with this does not exist, even if I try to create a new one using the same name it says someone else is already using it...

Surprisingly my Gamertag still exists after searching online with the original display picture, recently played and gamerscore still left untouched as it is. So I'm wondering why Xbox does not have an option to just reclaim it under a new email? I don't
    have a console at this point in time but wondering if the "Recover Gamertag" feature built in to the Xbox 360 will allow me to reclaim my Gamertag? (I still remember the original hotmail used to create it, just wondering if it will work since the account was
    closed?)

I'm not angry or disappointed in any way. I'm just currently hanging in the balance of whether I should give up or continue fighting to reclaim my Gamertag...?

I'm sure someone else has experienced this as well, please shed some light on this topic. Regards.

:)

Sam Leaf, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Double44 Win User

“The Microsoft account (or Windows Live ID) you’re switching to is already linked to another Xbox account”

I'm trying to re-associate my old Microsoft account (with a Google address) with my current gamertag. I did learn that the old account was indeed associated with a free Silver gamertag for reasons I cannot remember. In order to make the switch to the old
    account, I renamed the old account with a new email address, in hopes that I could somehow reclaim the old address. However when I tried to rename, I received the error: 'email isn't available'. What happened to it? Why can't I reclaim it??? :(
  3. Х Win User

Transferring a gamertag I already own to my primary account.

So long as your gamertag isnt a word with correct spelling or does it consist of 3 or less characters you will have no problem changing your gamertag and reclaiming it back for yourself, keep in mind that the gamertag will become instantly available once changed.
  4. WPAK Win User

Gamertag does not exist

Hi there,

gamertags are unique across several services, one is the xbox live service, but there is aslo the Zune service.

So your gamertag may be in use on one of those other services, that's why it mentiones that it is already in use and why it is saying that the gamertag isn't existing on xbox live.

I don't think there is anything you can do to get it back.
  5. User 9242019 Win User

RE-RELEASE BANNED GAMERTAGS

What's the point? The tags were banned for a reason and if the reason still exists the ban still exists. I never understood the point of wanting to reclaim an old tag in any case.
  6. onyxishere Win User

Forgotten Password and Invalid Email

Thema:

1. Reclaim Gamertag but... email does not exist? - Similar Threads - Reclaim Gamertag email

2. I am playing Halo 4 Reclaimer and I keep glitching.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am playing Halo 4 Reclaimer and I keep glitching.: I am playing Halo 4 Reclaimer and I keep glitching. when “the terrain is too rough to proceed” I cannot switch weapons, reload, move, shoot, etc. I’m just stuck and can only turn in place. My...
  3. Reclaiming my progress in DMK with my Microsoft account doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reclaiming my progress in DMK with my Microsoft account doesn't work: Hello, I've been playing Disney Magic Kingdoms for years. Last sunday (may 19th) I've played the game in the morning without any problems. When I wanted to play the game again (around 17 o'clock)...
  4. How to reclaim old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reclaim old gamertag?: I recently recovered my email address and my gamertag is no longer associated with it it has been like 5 years since I last had an Xbox trying to figure out how to associate my email with my old...
  5. Why is it that ever so often I put a car on the auction house and then when I go to reclaim...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that ever so often I put a car on the auction house and then when I go to reclaim...: Recently I've been having the bug of not being able to reclaim cars or credits from the auction house after auctioning a car and im losing lots of cars and credits as its not loading after I try...
  6. how do I reclaim a stolen Xbox account that I’ve been locked out of with a foreign email...

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do I reclaim a stolen Xbox account that I’ve been locked out of with a foreign email...: When going to sign into my Xbox account I am faced with a foreign email that requires a password in order to access my account. I also have had unrecognisable payments made from my account so can...
  7. I cant reclaim the discord, spotify and eaccess with the game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant reclaim the discord, spotify and eaccess with the game pass ultimate: Yesterday i buy the suscription of 3 months for the game pass ultimate but i cant found the option for reclaim, maybe is not available yet in my country (spain) or i need to do something else, if...
  8. Reclaim Microsoft Rewards points

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Reclaim Microsoft Rewards points: I would like to reclaim the points from redeeming Microsoft Rewards for a 12 month Xbox Game Pass (58ab5f0a-f956-408e-a82d-d54658eb0db6) since my 360 is not supported. Please advise....
  9. Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to reclaim my old GamerTag: Hi, I tried to close my old live account so i could transfer the gamertag to this account. Unfortunatly since the old account is closed, i still cant change my name! how can i fix this?...
  10. Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Reclaim xbox live gamertag from 2005: The chat agent I spoke to (Jedai) suggested that I post this in here (as they didn't have the ability to action this based on the level of support they provide). I had Xbox Live back in 2005 and...