Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

Discus and support Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ladycelyn, Jun 29, 2023.

1. ladycelyn
    ladycelyn Guest

Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

As the title says.

Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers onto the end of my name, seemingly for no reason.

Would appreciate some help.

:)

ladycelyn, Jun 29, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet it still adds the numbers onto the end that show up ingame.

I apologize but there is no option to remove it. You will pay for another 10 USD Gamertag change fee if you would like to change it into something else again.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet it still adds the numbers onto the end that show up ingame.

It shows you exactly what your name will look like before paying. Looking up a name and not finding it does not work all the time as accounts can be fully private or banned and locked.
  4. ladycelyn Win User

It showed as "#7687", I had assumed it was similar to how Discord used to use identifying numbers before implementing their username system, where it would show up on your profile, but not in chat (or in this instance, in game). If I knew the numbers showed up in game, I wouldn't have used that gamertag.
  5. ladycelyn Win User

Is there no way to remove it? Or would I have to spend another $10 to fix it?
  6. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If there is a suffix that was added automatically it means that the Gamertag is already taken, Ladycelyn.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
Thema:

1. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet... - Similar Threads - Recently changed gamertag

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. Party chat has been temperamental recently.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has been temperamental recently.: Sometines when i invite a friend to my party recently, they seem to join like normal on their end, but on my end i am the only one in the party still. This doesnt happen when i join them, i have...
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  7. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...: Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account...
  8. So recently i have got my Xbox and i hate my username,so i tried to change it.But when i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So recently i have got my Xbox and i hate my username,so i tried to change it.But when i...: I have image but it wont let me upload it. a3523347-cf4f-45b3-af3b-72689c0e2a07
  9. How lond does it take for a recently changed username on an account to be available?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How lond does it take for a recently changed username on an account to be available?: So I have 2 accounts and Account 1 has the usernae I want Account 2 to have. And I changed Account 1's username to something and when I try to change the username on Account 2 it says is available...
  10. Xbox Home Screen (Recent Changes)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Screen (Recent Changes): I Guess After the New Update The Home Screen Changed. I Believe I'm in Alpha Ring. My Home screen is not only not editable but has "my games" way up to the top. Switched with the barely used &...