Recent Original Xbox Game Download

Discus and support Recent Original Xbox Game Download in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just purchased Jade Empire through the Xbox 360 game store. Downloaded it to my 360 S, all official hardware, stock 250gb hard drive. When I hit... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by haonthegreat, Jan 28, 2018.

1. haonthegreat
    haonthegreat Guest

I just purchased Jade Empire through the Xbox 360 game store. Downloaded it to my 360 S, all official hardware, stock 250gb hard drive.

When I hit play, it says "Game cannot start. Try redownloading the game. For help, visit xbox.com/support [ironically, a dead link]."

I re downloaded it again. Same message.

I have also cleared my cache and restarted the device several times. Same message.

Please help!

:)

haonthegreat, Jan 28, 2018
  2. Zhenkell
    Zhenkell Guest
    San Andreas Issue

I am having the exact same issue, although on an original 360. My HDD is official and I have had no other problems with 360 games. I have also had an issue playing original xbox games, but I don't know if that is linked.

I have repeatedly downloaded the game, cleared the cache, restarted the console. The game was initially purchased on 6/6/11 and the most recent download is 6/7/11.

It says no refunds, but the game flat out does not load and states to download again.

Zhenkell, Jan 28, 2018
  3. TubbyJ
    TubbyJ Guest
    Corrupt Download.

Yesterday I purchased the Xbox Originals game BLACK, on sale for 800 points.

When trying to download it, it gets to 99%, then says 'unable to download' . The game does not show up in my list of games, and in the memory manager, it is a yellow ! icon, saying it is corrupt.

I have downloaded this thing 4 times, and even cleared my 360 cash before my most recent download attempt, but it still won't play. Please help!

TubbyJ, Jan 28, 2018
  4. haonthegreat
    haonthegreat Guest

Something else of note: under "my games," there is no picture. It is just a grey rectangle with the title underneath.

haonthegreat, Jan 28, 2018
  5. haonthegreat Win User

Something else of note: under "my games," there is no picture. It is just a grey rectangle with the title underneath.
  6. Austin131 Win User

GTA San Andreas marketplace download - disk error message

I also have this problem. I believe I was able to play this game a while ago when I originally purchased it, but after deleting the game to use space for something else, and now recently downloading it again... tried deleting and downloading again, same
    result. Maybe will try another xbox original see if it's widespread conflict...
  7. User 9242019 Win User

how do I install the Powerstar update?

The update, as all updates do, will install automatically when the game is loaded. If you recently downloaded the game the download already contains the update. The original download was approximately 3.2 GB, the current download is 3.88 GB.
  8. TautFlounder10 Win User

[Xbox 360] - Latest Original Xbox games will not download.

No, these downloads run through the same emulation software as discs on Xbox 360, one purchase entitles you to a download on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. A few of the Star Wars games and Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction were part of Games with Gold recently.

Also, original Xbox games were also published as part of the "Xbox Originals" program for download on Xbox Marketplace from December 2007-Mid 2009. These downloads make use of that functionality already available on Xbox
    360 for over a decade.

I'll be contacting Xbox Support again. The issue is simply an incorrect content flag on Microsoft's end.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

what happend to the 2 free xbox gold games per month. do i no longer own them?

You have always needed a Xbox live gold sub at least in order to play any downloaded Xbox One Games with Gold but you don't need gold to play any downloaded original Xbox or Xbox 360 Games with Gold.

It has always been that way & nothing has changed recently.
Thema:

1. Recent Original Xbox Game Download - Similar Threads - Recent Original Game

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. Party chat has been temperamental recently.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has been temperamental recently.: Sometines when i invite a friend to my party recently, they seem to join like normal on their end, but on my end i am the only one in the party still. This doesnt happen when i join them, i have...
  5. I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently refunded a game and it says I cant play it but when I go to my revolute account...: Here is the Revolut message 6dd93ab6-f3ba-42c2-92eb-468690d1d368
  6. I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I recently bought Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for Windows 10 and I have no idea where...: I read about WindowsApp but it's full of complicated named files and no game file. Why is this even a thing? ba22ca33-1a93-465d-919f-e70856918031
  7. My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...

in XBoX on Windows
    My original Xbox one doesn’t restart properly after a recent update. I have tried updating...: My adapter died a few months ago and I’ve only just replaced it, and when I turned it on for the first time there was an update. I started the update and the Xbox turned off at the end without...
  8. my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox won’t connect to wifi after the recent server issue and i don’t know why: ever since the servers went down 2 days ago i have tried everything under the sun to try and fix it and nothing works. i thought about maybe just trying to wait it out but i’m not finna just sit...
  9. Recently when I’m playing on my Xbox, the cables I have plugged in for my controller and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recently when I’m playing on my Xbox, the cables I have plugged in for my controller and...: So ever since Tuesday as of writing this I have had random disconnects from my headset and Xbox controller at the same time. I’ve unplugged my Xbox and re plugged it in, changed where the headset...
  10. Origin/country of recent players

in XBoX on Consoles
    Origin/country of recent players: Where can i find the origin/country of the recent player i played with? On the 360 it was in the profil of the player. 8b4dd321-b4ff-453b-b695-a20de228c023