Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

Discus and support Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it. 9fce01ee-3642-4f06-a48d-d19bed1f55d8 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SumedhZope, Sep 6, 2023.

1. SumedhZope
    SumedhZope Guest

Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app

I tried re-installing the gaming service. It didn't work. I have no idea how to fix it.

:)

SumedhZope, Sep 6, 2023
  2. Isaiahb0 Win User

Forza Horizon 5 won't download and install after I upgraded my PC

I am also getting the same error code (0x80070002) when trying to download ANY game on the Xbox app.
  3. CarTzy Win User

Hello SumedhZope,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I can see that you are experiencing this issue with the error code 0x80070002. This error code usually indicates that there is a problem with the file system or the storage device where the games are located. There are some possible solutions that you can try to fix this issue:

- Check if you have enough free space on your storage device. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Storage on your Xbox console or by opening File Explorer on your PC. If you don't have enough free space, you may need to delete some games or files that you don't need or use an external hard drive.

- Run a scan and repair on your storage device. You can do this by going to Settings > System > Storage > Manage storage devices on your Xbox console or by right-clicking on your storage device in File Explorer and selecting Properties > Tools > Error checking on your PC. This will check for any errors or corruption on your storage device and try to fix them automatically.

- Reset the Xbox app. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox > Advanced options > Reset on your PC. This will delete the app's data and cache and restore it to its default settings. You may need to sign in again and re-download some games after doing this.

- Please see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve your issue. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Have a great day!
  4. SumedhZope Win User

Hi,
    The problem is resolved, it seems the reset XBOX did the trick
  5. CarTzy Win User

Hello SumedhZope,

Good to know that it got resolved.

To help other customers searching for help on related issues, please mark the response you found most helpful by clicking “Yes” on the bottom of that post. This will ensure the helpful responses are most visible when searching (and you can vote more than once if the solution was spread over multiple posts).
  6. Isaiahb0 Win User

New PC Installation of Windows - Unable to Install Xbox Games

Jumping in to say I also have the same issue as OP, cannot install any new games from Xbox app or Windows Store. I also receive Error Code 0x80070002 when trying to install a game. This is clearly an issue with the Xbox app, probably a new update as this just started happening within the past week for me.

Please release a fix/update because the Xbox/Store app is clearly non-functional right now!!!!
Thema:

1. Receiving error code: 0x80070002 when downloading, updating, moving games in XBOX app - Similar Threads - Receiving error code

2. I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the Xbox app

in XBoX on Windows
    I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the Xbox app: The problem that I have is with the Xbox App. I am receiving an error code 0x80070057 at launch of the app. I have spent days trying every fix It. Trouble shooting includes reinstalling and...
  3. I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am receiving an error code when I try to open any online game. The error code is...: I have over the last year been encountering this error. There are times that I can play like normal but then the error comes back randomly. It at times will last for a few days to weeks. It is...
  4. How can I update when I am receiving two error codes, 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490?

in XBoX on Windows
    How can I update when I am receiving two error codes, 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490?: I have been trying to update the app, but I keep receiving two error codes 0x80073cf9 and 0x80070490. I have tried everything I could, but nothing has worked. I am unable to use my game pass...
  5. Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver Error Code 10: [img] Hello everyone, after updating my PC from windows 10 to 11 two days ago, my Xbox 360 wireless receiver stopped working. In the device manager it states "The divice can't be started (Code...
  6. I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot sign into Xbox Live on enabled games on PC. I receive error code 0x80070520....: Despite having a Xbox account in good standing, and being able to sign in the app and website, when I launch an Xbox enabled PC game I get code 0x80070520. This impacts both the new Forza...
  7. Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x803FB005 when trying to download the xbox app from the microsoft store.: I'm able to download other apps such as netflix fine. Ive even tried to download it from the xbox website and get problems there too. Ive reset the store and gone through all troubleshooting tips...
  8. Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: Continuously receive error code 0x80830003. Tried everything: Xbox Series X/Cloud Gaming: I continuously get error 0x80830003 when playing on the cloud. I have reset my console (keeping saves and games), reset my console a second time (deleting everything...
  9. I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC: I am receiving the error code 0x80070002 when trying to play Starfield on my PC (Xbox Game Pass for PC, Windows 11). The only one solution is reinstalling the game (140 GB!) everytime I want to...
  10. Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Receiving error code 0x80070032 on backwards compatibility: Hey y’all I’ve been trying to play Telltale’s The Walking Dead on my Xbox One, but whenever I try to install the game directly from my Xbox360 disc, I get this error. I can install the first...