Received a refund for a wrongly bought item - got charged, got refund then charged again today

Discus and support Received a refund for a wrongly bought item - got charged, got refund then charged again today in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Order number [mod removed] I accidentally purchased Destiny 2 Beyond Light earlier this week. I received a refund from customer support after being... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Ben Penfold, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Ben Penfold
    Ben Penfold Guest

Received a refund for a wrongly bought item - got charged, got refund then charged again today

Order number [mod removed]

I accidentally purchased Destiny 2 Beyond Light earlier this week. I received a refund from customer support after being charged, however it appears I have been double charged as more money came out of my account today. Can you help me with this?

:)

Ben Penfold, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

If that's the case, Ben you may need to reach out to your bank so they can validate that for you.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

We need to validate first if the transaction is successful. Kindly sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders and check if you can see the transaction for the charge.

If there is no charge from there kindly check other Microsoft account that you own.
  4. Ben Penfold Win User

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have checked the order history and it does say the addon has been refunded. However, checking my banking statement, it shows that the money was withdrawn for the purchase today.
  5. AydenWalker Win User

2 payments went off from one game and no second refund

So, to be clear:

- You tried to buy the game, you got an error and you got charged without getting the game?

- So, you then tried a second time and you got the game;

- You then got a refund for the first attempt (when you didn't get the game)

I am confused as to why you are expecting a second refund if you got the game you wanted on the second attempt? From what you have written, you were only charged wrongly once, not twice?
    okay so, let me explain i was charged twice for 1 game, then when i requested the refund i only got refunded once when i submitted the request i stated i wanted the refund for both charges and thus me not getting the game
  6. Nursemorph Win User

2 payments went off from one game and no second refund

So, to be clear:

- You tried to buy the game, you got an error and you got charged without getting the game?

- So, you then tried a second time and you got the game;

- You then got a refund for the first attempt (when you didn't get the game)

I am confused as to why you are expecting a second refund if you got the game you wanted on the second attempt? From what you have written, you were only charged wrongly once, not twice?
Thema:

1. Received a refund for a wrongly bought item - got charged, got refund then charged again today - Similar Threads - Received refund wrongly

2. microsoft deny refund for item i never received

in XBoX on Windows
    microsoft deny refund for item i never received: i bought sea of thieves ancient coins on the wrong platform as i own the game on steam but bought coins on xbox sea of thieves website says xbox will give a refund when requested it is denied...
  3. How do I get a refund/replacement on a customized controller that I never received?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get a refund/replacement on a customized controller that I never received?: I purchased a personalized Elite Wireless Controller Series 2- Complete Bundle on March 15th 2024. I received an email stating it was shipped on March 22nd, then another email stating it was...
  4. Why haven't I received my refund?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why haven't I received my refund?: Hey there, I recently requested a refund for a purchase I made and I was notified that it was processed. However, I have not seen the funds hit my account. d086611f-cc2f-4180-a7bd-2ab130ec473f
  5. I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and...: I purchased DTS headphone X and never received it, and Microsoft refuses to refund me!! and refuse to give me the item I clearly own and can be seen in my orders as PURCHASED! ALL THEY DO IS SEND...
  6. my refunds been approved but i have not received money

in XBoX on Consoles
    my refunds been approved but i have not received money: i refunded something on the 02/03/24 and it has been approved but i have not yet recieved my money. 13861184-7b92-4582-8d9e-9ac74ac4d5d1
  7. refund approved but money not received

in XBoX on Windows
    refund approved but money not received: i refunded something on the 02/03/24 and i still haven’t received my money into my microsoft account 732cc87c-9ce4-4f65-a4db-57bea2b11950
  8. Refund Not Received

in XBoX on Windows
    Refund Not Received: Hey my name is Mainak, I hope you guys doing well. Actually, recently I accidentally bought Xbox game pass Core subscription. I was going to buy the PC game pass but due to confusion, I bought...
  9. I requested a refund but haven’t received

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested a refund but haven’t received: I had requested a refund on 1/10/24 and I haven’t received it yet. I want to know why I haven’t gotten it yet something like has never occurred before! It was also accepted...
  10. I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I requested 3 refunds on 1/8/24 and all were approved and I’ve still not received my refund: I replied to a email about it and told them what happened but still not received a answer 93ddd2ee-ade7-479d-8643-c9a199676e1b