Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

Discus and support Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Tropical_botanical, Mar 18, 2024.

1. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

I would be curious what first stage game testing and development looks like. I am a professional in the mental health field and like to game. My issue is that at the end of a work day I am absolutely mentally exhausted and decision fatigue is a real concept. I am curious how testers who work a mentally exhausting 9-5 would rate games as compared to non-mentally exhausted fields, and those who are paid to test games.

TBH the last thing I want after a mentally exhausting day is to go on a useless fetch quest in a sandbox platform that requires multiple decisions that may impact the end of the game depending on what decisions I make.

Let’s be real, forking out cash for a $70 game or a subscription for a game that makes you mentally exhausted just plain sucks.

I would like a game designed for mentally exhausted people. I want it to have a compelling closed narrative story. I want a game to be entertaining. I want to find a rare armor or weapon that has high stats that makes game changing difference for the odd end fetch quest if any. I want long cut scenes! I want to just play around with cheat codes and exploits (if you want to play it without them don’t use exploits or cheat codes). I want Easter eggs and rare drops. I want a fun gaming culture. I want a compelling story without massively complicated decision making matrix. I would absolutely love a linear story line with cut scenes that just tell me a story.

Games done right example based on mental exhaustion preference: Halo Master Chief Collection FF13 Nier Guardians of the Galaxy Fable series (minus connect version) Assassins Creed (Valhalla got a little to sand box but the DLC was fun) TBH the Ezio collection was gold and it got complicated after black flag. Doom Starwars the last Jedi collection The Witcher

Games that had too many sand box side quests and non-meaningful fluff: Almost anything Bestetha touched except doom Most recent Halo Rage 2 Almost all of the EA games except starwars the last Jedi collection.

submitted by /u/Tropical_botanical
    [link] [comments]

/u/Tropical_botanical, Mar 18, 2024
  2. OriginalEyeball Win User

wheres the recoil?

Er....It's not real life?Video games can never be realistic.
  3. gameshoes3003 Win User

MW3 topic: why take out guns?

[quote user="orion796"]
    balanced? how do you make that one out..have you not seen the videos...if the weapons were more realistic it wouldnt seem so bad.

[/quote] Ah, the realism argument. It doesn't work in video games. "Realistic" weapons would either break the game or make the game impossible to play.
  4. PrimoFuSion Win User

Heard the most hilairious comment today......

Battlefield is by far more 'realistic' than CoD. But saying BF is realistic these days is a bit far fetched. Like someone said, they are video games, not real life.

If you want something realistic, sign up for the army.
  5. Encerspay45 Win User

How much is too much?

I believe that gaming is a way to keep your life varied and fun, but is to be balanced with productivity and work as well. When this balance is tipped too far into either direction, that is not a good thing.
  6. Zehq Win User

:o at Frag Rounds as a whole...

It's a game, it's not supposed to be realistic. :p

But yeah, balance, but even with Bolt action, chest shots are 2 shot kills.
Thema:

Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance.

1. Realistic Gaming Content and work life balance. - Similar Threads - Realistic Gaming Content

2. Recording in game voice using game bar

in XboX Insiders
    Recording in game voice using game bar: Is it possible to make game bar only record my voice input when using in game voice chat, rather than recording all input ? submitted by /u/s3cy7 [link] [comments]
  3. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  4. Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Cloud Gaming - ARK : Survival Ascended crashes after loading: I've been trying to join multiplayer servers in ARK: Survival Ascended. Once loaded into the server (past character creation), it will always crash and does not load into any server (tried...
  5. Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working

in XBoX on Windows
    Blue Mountain State Game Pass perk not working: I have been unable to claim the Blue Mountain State Season 1 perk on Game Pass. Every time I have tried to claim it, it doesn't work, because neither my Series X or the Xbox App show the perk in...
  6. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  7. MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    MW3 XBOX series S, in game chat disabled: Hello, Xbox series S, my in game chat for MW3 is not working (when the game loads, where the names normally pop up when someone is talking, its says (chat disabled), during pre-game in works,...
  8. All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    All of my games captures have disappeared how do I get them all back?: This 90 day expiry date thing is not an option and there needs to be a way to get everything back because they've been sat on my account for years and now all of a sudden they get deleted?...
  9. Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to "gift" my relatives a digital xbox game?: Tried to "gift" my relatives a digital copy of "Melody of Memory" (from my Microsoft account on my phone). It keeps telling me "Check the "send to" email address. Something's not right". 1.) We...
  10. Why can't I download the flight events client so I can make my MSFS experience more realistic?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I download the flight events client so I can make my MSFS experience more realistic?: When I go on https://events.flighttracker.tech I cant download the MSFS toolbar or FE client for MSFS but i just also want to add different aircraft aswell, please let me....