Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet.

Discus and support Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As any parent, at times I need to pause the internet to certain devices. While the wifi signal will remain connected, there will not be internet. If... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MarkBojanowski, Nov 23, 2023.

1. Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet.

As any parent, at times I need to pause the internet to certain devices. While the wifi signal will remain connected, there will not be internet. If Xbox One is attempting an update at this time, it will give you an update error. At no point will the console note that it is not receiving internet through the wifi signal, it will just keep returning update errors. Might be good to include an "ensure your wifi has an internet signal or is not paused" as part of the fix instructions or as part of the update process.

:)

MarkBojanowski, Nov 23, 2023
  2. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

I am glad to know that the problem was resolved MarkBojanowski, the truth is that I was not able to understand your question very well, for that reason I suggested the previous steps, a thousand apologies for the confusion, however, if at any time you have a problem, you can make another publication and We will gladly help you.

I wish you all the best in this life.
  3. MarkBojanowski Win User

Hello Daniel - I have solved the problem. The issue was that with a network like the Google Nest you can pause internet to certain devices. I had paused internet to the Xbox One through my google home app. Therefore the Xbox could connect to my Wi-Fi, but was unable to receive internet. Xbox was interpreting this as a Update issue, where the issue was really the lack of internet. Once I unpaused the internet to Xbox, the issue was resolved.
  4. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi MarkBojanowski, my name is Daniel and I would be happy to help.

I'm going to be honest with you, I don't really understand the problem you are presenting because of what little I understand, it is a problem related to the Internet connection through Wi-Fi, is that correct? If so, I am going to suggest some steps that could help you with this problem:

Go to Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > DNS Settings > Select Manual.

It will ask you to manually fill in your primary and secondary DNS IP. Try these two combinations to see which works best:

Primary: 1.1.1.1 / Secondary: 1.0.0.1
    Primary: 8.8.8.8 / Secondary: 8.8.4.4

After that, on the same screen, go to Alternate MAC Address > Erase > Reset

This will restart your console. I also advise you to connect your console using a network cable (Ethernet) since this way you will be able to have a more stable connection.

Go again to Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Port Selection.

Try each of the ports and see which one gives you the best connection. To test your connection (after changing ports and/or DNS), simply click Test Network Speed ​​on your Network Settings page.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/247f4f91-957d-4b4a-9de7-19e8ef7f0d06

You can also take a look at the Xbox troubleshooting guide, where they recommend following some steps to resolve these types of problems.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-wireless-connection

If these solutions have nothing to do with your problem, let me know so I can continue to help you, since the message I sent is a bit confusing because it says that you are a father and from what it gives me to understand that a member of your family group has a problem with the Internet connection. Anyway, I await your response.

All the best in this life to you, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Won’t let me on to my world on minecraft

It could be an issue with your internet connection. I was having problems once to get into a Minecraft world where it kept failing to connect. My wifi is fine, but I disconnected the wifi and did a hotspot from my phone with 4G internet. I connected my
    Xbox to it and it loaded the world up instantly. Not sure if that's the issue with yours, but it's worth checking to make sure it has a good signal for the internet it's on.
  6. VibroPlex Win User

Which is faster? Wired or Wireless?

Wired, for sure. The signal comes into your router on wired Ethernet. If the router has to translate it to WiFi, that adds delay. Also, other WiFi signals sent at the same time as your Xbox WiFi Signals will collide and both will be retransmitted after a
    random delay, adding more slowness.
Thema:

1. Re Updates - Make sure your WiFi signal has internet. - Similar Threads - Updates sure WiFi

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  8. I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your...: I am trying to update a vintage gaming system. The Xbox 360. It just says Can’t update your console and gives a weird status code. Please help Jen 03063d52-94dc-42e3-a9a5-e38328db3bbb
  9. UPDATING PROBLEM

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPDATING PROBLEM: So I got back from vacation and nothing happened to my Xbox, but when I turned it on it had to update. It finished and had to update again, but when I did it got stuck on 60%. After a few minutes...
  10. Glitch with xbox update, not sure what to do ?

in XboX Insiders
    Glitch with xbox update, not sure what to do ?: my xbox was updating and restarted.. waiting for it to turn back on it then presented all text in a “zalgo” text, similar to the text you can see if someone used a text font l̴̞̞̋͂ị̶̜̽͛k̸̯̔ẻ̸̗̭...