Re-Downloading Owned Games on my One X, Getting Message That the Item is Corrupt.

Discus and support Re-Downloading Owned Games on my One X, Getting Message That the Item is Corrupt. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I recently had an issue with the 3-step update timing out, to the point I sent in my console to get serviced since it is still under warranty. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ScottR1979, Oct 31, 2020.

1. ScottR1979
    ScottR1979 Guest

Re-Downloading Owned Games on my One X, Getting Message That the Item is Corrupt.

So I recently had an issue with the 3-step update timing out, to the point I sent in my console to get serviced since it is still under warranty. I received it back today and have this new problem. I am simply trying to download my bought games again.
    Once they are downloaded and I attempt to open the game I get a screen telling me the item is corrupt and do uninstall/reinstall. I have done that, power cycled, cleared the cache, cleared local saved data, factory reset, and nothing works. I am very frustrated
    because I just sent it in for service/repairs and after that 3-week process the console still does not work properly. I am tempted to just void the warranty and replace the hard drive myself to see if that fixes the problem.

:)

ScottR1979, Oct 31, 2020
  2. ScottR1979 Win User

Just realized the service center apparently sent back the wrong console. My repair status history shows a new console with a different serial number as the unit being shipped back to me, including the "order complete, you're unit has arrived back with you".
    I assumed this was due to the problem not being fixable on the console I sent in. But in actuality they just sent back the same console I originally sent in and it still doesn't work.

Anyone know the best way to look into this. I am trying the live chat and have responded to their email updates, but I need to talk to a person and hopefully get the correct console sent to me.
  3. tohellnbak Win User

Partial DRM?

the problem lies with this... sure we do not OWN a physical copy if downloaded... but once a game is purchased.. it is yours.... I could get a brand new Xbox1 and re download all the games I purchased.. ever.. at no charge.... they are not one time items...
  4. Jenka Alvour Win User

Dragon age 2 map pack 2 error

ok i go over to my friends house to download the item pack 2 dlc. it works while i am online but as soon as i go offline the game tells me the dlc is corrupt and needs to be re-downloaded. Now i also downloaded the item pack 1 and it works fine. I saw nothing
    on the description saying it was an online item... is it my 360 or is there a glitch in the item pack?
  5. Miss Kleo Win User

I did not receive the flamming T-shirt in Pinball FX2 after 5.000 wizard score : (

Hey HELI0 GOMES and Thready Sparrow! Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this!

@HELI0 GOMES have you had a chance to try re-downloading the avatar item? Does it still show the item as corrupted?

@Thready Sparrow since you've tried re-downloading to no avail, can I have you tell me the file size of the avatar item?

Standing by for details. :)
  6. PsychoDaddyBear Win User

Driver: San Francisco

Hi Napalm 31337,

There was no change; I still get error message 800700E8 when I try to re-download Driver: San Francisco. It's definitely not a network connectivity problem as I can re-download all the other games I purchased.

I was hoping I could try the download from my PC browser or Android Xbox App, but I can't find a "Download Again" option.

Strangely, there's an option to re-download the game to my Xbox One. I have never owned or logged on to an Xbox One.

Ubisoft Tech Support told me they tested the download okay, but I assume France and Australia do not use the same server.

Does the 800700E8 error occur if the file is corrupt or missing?

Does the 800700E8 error occur if I try to download a game not available in my region? (Australia)

Is it possible the re-download function was accidently broken when the game was retired from the Xbox Marketplace?

Cheers,

Daddy Bear
Thema:

1. Re-Downloading Owned Games on my One X, Getting Message That the Item is Corrupt. - Similar Threads - Downloading Owned Games

2. Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Downloads on Xbox Live on it's own, even after uninstall: So I had the game Lamplighters when it came out on Game Pass, predownloaded it and all that. But ever since I uninstalled it, it's been downloaded to my computer almost daily, and I haven't been...
  3. When I try to install this game I own on my pc that I bought on xbox x I c<ant download it...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to install this game I own on my pc that I bought on xbox x I c<ant download it...: [img] [img] Proof: 03f1b3b9-fdae-402d-b939-533e82b93d62
  4. I have owned a bunch of backwards compatible games but can't download them on my new console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have owned a bunch of backwards compatible games but can't download them on my new console: *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** PII removed by moderator 9dba766b-ba0a-4980-9618-7943b02a7f33
  5. Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Spoiled discs due to sun, I cannot download the games even if I own them physically: Hello everyone. Some months ago I had a nasty discovery: 3-4 games I had were directly under the sun and in the are of the world I live the sun kills everything. One day I was just trying to play...
  6. Owned games, ie Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, FIFA.. all taking 11hrs + to download. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Owned games, ie Rocket League, Sea Of Thieves, FIFA.. all taking 11hrs + to download. Is...: Hi, I have an XBOX one series S digital… a few years old, following factory reset (all) I am trying to download owned games and each are minimum of 11 hrs. Is this normal? This is following...
  7. I downloaded and bought a game but it says Do You Own This Game Or App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I downloaded and bought a game but it says Do You Own This Game Or App?: Recently I bought black ops 1 on the Xbox series S, I bought it and downloaded it but it says Do you own this game or app? I have tried every tutorial I can find and it still won’t work. Please...
  8. Why is my Hogwarts legacy download not appearing in my 'owned games' anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Hogwarts legacy download not appearing in my 'owned games' anymore?: Purchased the Hogwarts legacy deluxe edition that said it was compatable for x/s and 1s, had it downloaded when the 1s version was released. Uninstalled it due to error issues but cannot...
  9. Bought and downloaded xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 but now it says I do not own the game and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought and downloaded xbox 360 game on Xbox 1 but now it says I do not own the game and...: Bought and dow loaded the bureau and all dlc. The dlc shows as owned but not the game. 47cf1577-c605-416c-9316-f3c1563230cd
  10. Downloading XBOX ONE Owned Games on My PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Downloading XBOX ONE Owned Games on My PC: I can't seem to find my owned games on the XBOX app. I want to download them to play on the road without the lag of remote play. But when I try to get the answer I need from support they always...