RDOD? XBOX360 Slim after trial LIVE GOLD and UPDATE

Discus and support RDOD? XBOX360 Slim after trial LIVE GOLD and UPDATE in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Concerning: XBOX 360 slim 250GB HDD Since yesterday I have a sad little boy,. He wanted to test out XBOX live GOLD so I activated a one month trial... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by jerXjac, May 8, 2016.

1. jerXjac
    jerXjac Guest

Concerning: XBOX 360 slim 250GB HDD

Since yesterday I have a sad little boy,.

He wanted to test out XBOX live GOLD so I activated a one month trial subscription.

Happy as he was he wanted to play GTA5 online to test it.

The console asked then for an update so my son proceeded to do so.

On that moment the XBOX crashed and the screen showed a checkered image.

He shut down the XBOX and by restarting it the normally green led in the middle of the on/off button burn constant red. (I lookt it up and the call this RDOD? Red Dot of Death)

What could be the problem and how can we solve it.?

I tried to remove the HDD and replacing it, but this didn’t help.

I also kept the big button on the controller pushed in while pressing the On/Off button on the console, This resulted one time in a green led but the screen showed a checkered image. And after restarting the red dot again.

I really hope someone can help,.. We don’t want to lose all the games and savegames on the HDD.

Jeroen & Levi

:)

jerXjac, May 8, 2016
  2. LustUltra
    LustUltra Guest
    i CANT GET ON XBOX LIVE PLZ I NEED HELP !

i just bought my xbox360 slim this thanksgiving on friday and its monday at the moment dont i get like 1month trial and it says i cant get on my account is not authorized to log in the live..

LustUltra, May 8, 2016
  3. XBOX Live 14-day Gold Trial not working

Hi there, I just received a new xbox one and it came with Morrowind Online and a XBOX Live 14-day GOLD trial. I entered the Gold Live Trial code during setup. I then started the game and after it had downloaded updates and was ready for me to continue
    it said I required the Gold Live membership to continue. It showed the menu with the various options to buy a subscription but didn't recognize that I HAVE just entered the Gold Live Trial.

Please help.

RichardBremner, May 8, 2016
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately the red dot means that there is a big issue with the console that needs to get repaired. You can either click the link below to set up a repair of the console or purchase a new one which will come with a new warranty period.

devicesupport.microsoft.com

The good news is that any information that was stored on the hard drive should be safe for use when you can again.

onyxishere, May 9, 2016
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear it. Unfortunately the red dot means that there is a big issue with the console that needs to get repaired. You can either click the link below to set up a repair of the console or purchase a new one which will come with a new warranty period.

devicesupport.microsoft.com

The good news is that any information that was stored on the hard drive should be safe for use when you can again.
  6. eeisner Win User

Xbox360 Slim RDOD

yea sadly i'm way past the 30 days gamestop gives as a warranty. gotta open up the console to check the warranty sticker, right?

i thought the slim was supposed to prevent overheating? if thats the case, something really got messed up in there.
  7. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Xbox360 Slim RDOD

NO. Don't open the console under any circumstances. The warranty sticker on the 360 S is right next to where you plug in the power brick on the back of the console, it should be black and white and say Xbox 360.
  8. D3ATH PRONE Win User

Xbox360 Slim RDOD

Hey there Camo512! From what it sounds like is the console is overheating and has shut down to protect itself.

With this being a refurb console from Game Stop, more than likely it has been opened by there 3rd party refurb company and will not be able to be repaired by Microsoft as the warranty sticker has more than likely been broken. On the off chance it has not
    been opened, you may be able to request a repair by filling out a repair order
    here
    . You will first need to register your console by scrolling to the bottom of the repair page and selecting "Register a Product".

I would personally take it back to the Game Stop if you are able to, and see if they will replace your Console with a working unit.

I hope this helps!
  9. lordraptor11 Win User

Original Xbox 360 Premium Console

I still have my original ( hdmi port model) 360 still going strong, I also have a 360s. sadly the 360s requires a fan blowing across the power brick otherwise it gets a rdod ( red dot of death). what irks me is NO ONE sells the power bricks for the 360s
    consoles locally and due to the nature of no stores carrying them the online pricing stinks, factor it that I started getting rdod after 6 months of owning my slim and it had only been powered on a handful of times because I always used my original hdmi 360
    and as such ended up not getting a warranty on the slim. best way I could describe my 360s is fail.
Thema:

1. RDOD? XBOX360 Slim after trial LIVE GOLD and UPDATE - Similar Threads - RDOD XBOX360 Slim

2. DNS error 80151903 on xbox360

in XBoX on Consoles
    DNS error 80151903 on xbox360: I keep getting a dns error when testing connecting WiFi this is my first time and when I turn Xbox on it says the 80151903 3237def7-6908-4517-aef8-73335ac9f7cf
  3. Can't add visa to Xbox360

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't add visa to Xbox360: I can't add my Visa to my Xbox360 account, keeps giving me the error code 8C250005. I'm trying to buy some stuff before the store closes for good. dcc7a901-2c5f-49a2-9e58-3bae12430bd7
  4. I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot connect my xbox360 to live.com: It was connect before but I don't know what happened c50efddc-45f4-4b4d-b321-a9e9c46e688a
  5. Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox360 download speed 0.01 - does this impact multiplayer matches?: Hi there I have been trying to play a few multiplayer games on my Xbox360 but on a lot of games it struggles to connect to other players, even peer to peer connections and not just server...
  6. Xbox 360 S will not turn on after RDoD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 S will not turn on after RDoD: About 2 weeks ago our cat peed on our Xbox 360 S ( model 1439) when it was packed away for the night. We set it out and let it dry. A couple of days later he hooked it all up to see if it'd play,...
  7. RDOD

in XBoX on Consoles
    RDOD: my Xbox 360 slim red doted and now it does not work i looked all over youtube and google and i tryed them all and it did not work so please tell me how to fix it f6692b28-41d1-4bd3-81b9-343ef61d5a79
  8. RROD/RDOD ultimate fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    RROD/RDOD ultimate fix: I recently had a RDOD on my 360 S, due to unknown reasons as my console has PLENTY of ventilation space. I got mad, ripped off one of the sides, and saw my console was filled with DUST, I took the...
  9. Rdod, after 5 years it gave up the ghost

in XBoX on Consoles
    Rdod, after 5 years it gave up the ghost: i purchased this 360 right after the white and black, arcade and elite systems were changed out for the model I have and I was promised that the new systems wouldn't give a death like this again....
  10. Xbox 360 slim with the RRoD(red ring of death) and the RDoD(red dot of death) that are ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim with the RRoD(red ring of death) and the RDoD(red dot of death) that are ...: I've had my Xbox 360 slim model 1439 for about 17 months and it always worked fine but recently when I turned it on it displayed a blinking red ring on the edge of the touch screen power button....