Razer Turret has compatibility issues with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Razer Turret has compatibility issues with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a major issue with the Razer Turret Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Xbox consoles. I’ve been loving an enjoying Flight Sim a lot on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Avenge El Chapo, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Razer Turret has compatibility issues with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on Xbox Series X

Hello, I am having a major issue with the Razer Turret Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Xbox consoles. I’ve been loving an enjoying Flight Sim a lot on my Xbox console, but I realized really quickly this game was meant to be played with more than just a controller.

I looked to Xbox.com’s blog post about peripherals designed for flight sim on the console, and due to the fact there were very very few “HOTAS Yolks” available for purchase, I decided to hold off until there was more options, and decided to purchase the Razer Turret Wireless Keyboard and Mouse for Xbox consoles directly from the Microsoft Store, as it was listed in the blog post as the only wireless keyboard and mouse combo that was certified for use with Flight Sim.

Blog Post: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/07/22/official-microsoft-flight-sim-accessories/

Excited to use the product with Flight Sim and a plethora of other games on the Xbox console, I was met with some disappointment when trying to play Flight Sim with the Razer Turret. The issue is the game is designed for use around the “numpad” on the keyboard, when it comes to controlling the ailerons, rudders, elevators as well as many other modifiers that require the numpad to control many other aspects of the aircraft. Without the numpad, the game becomes virtually unplayable.

The problem is with the Razer Turret is that it is a TKL TenKeyLess keyboard. Essentially this keyboard does not contain the Numpad like other keyboards do. This makes the game virtually unplayable with the Razer Turret, without heavy and extensive keyboard rebindings, that may lock you out from using other features.

Being an official Xbox Accessory, as well as an Official Flight Sim Accessory, I am very disappointed by this. Especially given the fact there is no official rebinding for a TKL keyboard from your website/support. This makes the game virtually impossible to play, and my only option is to purchase an additional “numpad” so I can play the game.

I would have loved to know this in the official Xbox blog post about the peripheral support on the Xbox console.

It would be great, if you guys came up with a preset for TKL keyboard users, or Razer Turret users on the console and PC. It would help out immensely with new players like myself, who don’t have all the technical means to do a complete rebinding of the keys, since Flight Sim is a very complex game.

Other users have already made complaints about this on other Microsoft Forums as well.

I hope Microsoft an Asobo seriously take this feedback into consideration, since multiple users are reporting this problem, and spent hundreds of dollars on a new peripheral specifically for this game, one that was advertised by both Asobo and Microsoft, just for it to not work as expected. I hope that you guys can add a dedicated option/keyboard binding preset specifically for Razer Turret/TKL keyboard users.

Thank you again.

:)

Avenge El Chapo, Jul 31, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Razer Turret has compatibility issues with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on Xbox Series X

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First of all, I'm sorry I'm having this problem.

I saw that a lot of people are reporting this here, as the game has just been released for the Xbox series s/x consoles, many updates, fixes, and new content will be added to the game over time. You can check future information and updates about the game at the link below.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/

*And you can also report your feedback to the game and the Xbox platform via the link below. It's the best place for the Xbox community to be heard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas
  3. ngocphi Win User

Can Logitech Flight Yoke System be used with Xbox ?!

If series s/x for flight SIM 2020 yes

.if for Xbox one then only works with xbox one games not cloud like flight sim

You can install flight sim on xbox series consoles
  4. Avenge El Chapo Win User

Razer turret support for Microsoft Flight simulator on xbox series x

Yup, I’m having the same issue as well with my Razer Turret for my Xbox. Frustrating as I just bought the kit, straight from the link on the Xbox website, and it’s not cheap. Frustrating as it said this was an official keyboard and mouse for flight sim 2020 straight on Xbox.com, I shouldn’t be having this issue whatsoever. If this isn’t fixed soon, I will return the keyboard as it makes the game virtually unplayable.
  5. 61590633-b111-4c2a-b Win User

Razer Turret for Xbox One

Hello! Yes, it is fully compatible with both the Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. The Razer Turret is the first (and only) officially licensed Xbox keyboard and mouse. :)
  6. ngocphi Win User

Can’t download Microsoft Flight Simulator on Xbox S

Ok a clearing up seems to be needed

Series S Is a disc-less console

Xbox one s isn't but is NOT a series S

Flight sim 2020 is only series compatible
Thema:

1. Razer Turret has compatibility issues with the new Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Razer Turret has

2. razer turret xbox or nexus key no longer working

in XBoX on Consoles
    razer turret xbox or nexus key no longer working: all of a suddn the xbox nexus key has stopped working on my Turret, it was working fine ,has there been and update that has caused this ? 7ed8e76f-660e-42bb-8d71-3ddd376670be
  3. Razer Turret Problems not solved by Razer

in XboX Insiders
    Razer Turret Problems not solved by Razer: I bought a Razer Turret for Xbox One on Facebook Marketplace and asked that the seller include the proof of purchase, as I wanted to be sure that I could have it in case there were any issues with...
  4. Razer Turret for Xbox One - Dedicated Xbox Guide key and Mouse 4/5 key issues

in XboX Insiders
    Razer Turret for Xbox One - Dedicated Xbox Guide key and Mouse 4/5 key issues: Hello, this is a re post as of OS version 10.0.22000.3021. I and others from previous posts comments are still experiencing this issue. I have been having major issues with the Razer Turret for...
  5. Razer Turret for Xbox One - Dedicated Xbox Guide key/Mouse 4/5 key issues

in XboX Insiders
    Razer Turret for Xbox One - Dedicated Xbox Guide key/Mouse 4/5 key issues: Hello, I have been having major issues with the Razer Turret for Xbox One after the recent skip ahead release. The dedicated Xbox guide key button is no longer working (one of the selling points...
  6. Small Issue With Razer Turret K&M With Latest Insider Update

in XboX Insiders
    Small Issue With Razer Turret K&M With Latest Insider Update: Hey team, I noticed a small issue with my Razer Turret Keyboard today. It’s a product I haven’t been using as of late, and it’s likely it could have been a bug from a previous insider update, but...
  7. Razer turret support for Microsoft Flight simulator on xbox series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Razer turret support for Microsoft Flight simulator on xbox series x: The current default keyboad setup is not supported causing a lengthy time to rebind most controls. Would it be possible to add a dedicated option for the Razor turret for xbox?...
  8. Razer Turret for Xbox One's Nexus (Guide) Key does not work anymore.

in XboX Insiders
    Razer Turret for Xbox One's Nexus (Guide) Key does not work anymore.: As the title says the Nexus or Xbox Key on the Razer Turret for Xbox One does not open the Xbox Guide on Xbox One X or Xbox Series X anymore. The Windows Key opens the Xbox Guide now on both...
  9. Razer Turret for Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razer Turret for Xbox One: Can the (Razer Turret for Xbox One Keyboard) be used with the Xbox series S and X ? [img] fe3a2859-281e-462f-8b79-b1ce7c37e123
  10. Series X not detecting Razer Turret wireless dongle.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X not detecting Razer Turret wireless dongle.: Help. Not sure what the issue is. Ive updated and restarted the console. Tried every USB port and no luck. The Series X just never seems to see or detect the wireless dongle....